Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times

Advertisements

This is how it has worked for me. If I go to a party or meet someone through a friend and I find them to be decent looking and then they show interest in me even if it's not obvious flirting, then I think..hmm maybe. There have also been those who like me and I would not consider based on their looks or style not being my thing. There is just no attaction there. That's maybe half the time. But it is the showing of interest that takes the ones that I think are decent looking and my taste from just another person in the room, to me being interested back.

If I see someone I like at a club or something where you would normally meet strangers, then I would avoid the ones that always get hit on and go for someone just cute. I get a positive response maybe half the time. That could just be getting a number or talking for a while.

Another observation, if you or the other person has an "in" with you, like you meet through a friend, then chances go up a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,685,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Hey, sorry -- je parle seulement un peu...
That's it, I'm vanquished. http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/free-cute-smileys-208%5B1%5D.gif (broken link)

(Pas d'problème, j'en parle assez pour les deux.) And I cook French, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse." -- Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (16th century)

Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,053,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post

2. People tend to go for those who are of similar attractiveness. People who are average learn not to hit on super attactive people because of prior rejections. They learn that they get success with similar people, so their attraction will be to people who are in their league.
I don't buy this. I am average by all means and I've always been with super hot women because most men who are average won't even think of hitting on them.

Always left more hot women for me because of the way most men think. By the way, my dad was the same way so I guess I learned it from him.

Also I was never the one to let rejection get in the way of what I wanted.

busta

Old 05-26-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I don't buy this. I am average by all means and I've always been with super hot women because most men who are average won't even think of hitting on them.

Always left more hot women for me because of the way most men think. By the way, my dad was the same way so I guess I learned it from him.

Also I was never the one to let rejection get in the way of what I wanted.

busta

You're the exception. You'd have to have something else to offer instead.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:45 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,038 times
No...I can think of about 10 women who've been attracted to me, I was kind of desperate enough to sleep with 2 of them...I was attracted back to another of them, but she turned out to be attracted by most things with a dick or a *****...

None of the women I've really been attracted to have been attracted back.
Except for one but she only hinted it very vaguely and I didn't act in time...then again she was moving across the Atlantic the week after I met her so there was no chance there anyway...

And what's up with all women above forty being attracted to me when none of the girls my age are...(I'm 20...)

Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM

For those who can find people that like them back, how does the conversation go before you asked them out? I usually have a idea, because they look at me, give eye contact, touch my arm, pay attention and ask questions about me. I'm wondering if the people who get rejected a lot get any of these signals or are they just asking people out who haven't shown any hint of interest.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
It used to be fairly fluent, vocabulary being the real limitation but with me having a remarkable ability to use root words to build context. However, these days I understand much more than I can speak (thru lack of practice and the passage of time) so it's become passive. However, that gives me hope it will be relatively easy to revive.

I lived in Southern Italy (Puglia) for two years, learned most of what I know about cooking from my wee landlady, Teresa (la mia piccola mamma).

In all fairness I don't know if I should say I still speak it, but I can still translate for folks when watching movies most of the time.

Ahh. . . you speak Russian and Italian? Anything else?

I have a thing for languages

Old 05-26-2010, 09:37 PM

74 posts, read 217,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post

So if you find someone that you are interested in, even without saying, there is a far greater chance that they will like you back, compared to someone you are not intersted in. Have you found this to be true or untrue in you life?

very UNTRUE.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Are you attracted to someone who thinks you are attractive? Yes and No OP, certain people will say they like you, but you don't always like them. And some may say you are ugly to them, yet you find them attractive.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM

213 posts, read 416,783 times
Sometimes, but Murphy's Law always seems to prevail and usually those who find me attractive I don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships