Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times

Advertisements

When I was single I was very attracted to those who are attracted to me. I like attention from the opposite sex and when I know someone is watching me I used to play it up just a little.

A bend over here, a hair toss there...

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 05-26-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Nope. The people most often attracted to me are usually old people.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I was just thinking if you find someone attractive, is it much more likely that they are attracted to you?

Some reasons why I think this may be true:
1. If you find out someone likes you, it is more likely that you will be interested in them. I have read studies that prove this and have found this to be the case. People act differently around those they are attracted to and that can be picked up subconsioulsy through eye contact, body language and the persons general behavior. They take it as a compliment and are more likely to like you back, given point 2 below.

2. People tend to go for those who are of similar attractiveness. People who are average learn not to hit on super attactive people because of prior rejections. They learn that they get success with similar people, so their attraction will be to people who are in their league.

So if you find someone that you are interested in, even without saying, there is a far greater chance that they will like you back, compared to someone you are not intersted in. Have you found this to be true or untrue in you life?
Initially, yes. After we meet, it is up in the air depending on personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
For dudes: Just keep in mind that you are uglier than you think you are. If you think you are a 7, most women will think you are a 5 or a 6. If you weigh a chubby 215 lbs, most women will see you as a fat 230.

For ladies: Just keep in mind you are prettier than you think you are. If you think you are a 5 or 6, you are probably a 7 to a guy. If you think you are fat 140, you're probably a curvy 125 in a guys mind.

That's been my experience.
So i should think of myself as a 10, thus most women will think of me as a 9 or 8.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Ahh. . . you speak Russian and Italian? Anything else?

I have a thing for languages

I've never taken the time to pursue them properly, but I toy around with Mandarin and I plan to start enhancing my Spanish because we're developing quite a local Mexican American (or just Mexican import) population. Since the U.S. never declared any official language I have no problem speaking other lingos to whomever happens by.

Generally speaking, I just love languages and foreign cultures. Not every aspect of every foreign culture, certainly, but I've come to feel after years abroad that many cultures have a certain zest for life, a vivacity combined with a certain acceptance of the world and human nature which we've long since forgone here in the United States, where our social skills long ago came down with a sort of ethnocentric cancer. Foreign cultures tend to appeal to the blunt practicality of the farmer in me -- in many ways, if not all.

We're gonna get busted for going off-topic.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,675 times
Quote:
For dudes: Just keep in mind that you are uglier than you think you are. If you think you are a 7, most women will think you are a 5 or a 6. If you weigh a chubby 215 lbs, most women will see you as a fat 230.

For ladies: Just keep in mind you are prettier than you think you are. If you think you are a 5 or 6, you are probably a 7 to a guy. If you think you are fat 140, you're probably a curvy 125 in a guys mind.

That's been my experience.

Hehehehe

Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[I
"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse."[/i] -- Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (16th century)
That's my problem now.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I was just thinking if you find someone attractive, is it much more likely that they are attracted to you?

Some reasons why I think this may be true:
1. If you find out someone likes you, it is more likely that you will be interested in them. I have read studies that prove this and have found this to be the case. People act differently around those they are attracted to and that can be picked up subconsioulsy through eye contact, body language and the persons general behavior. They take it as a compliment and are more likely to like you back, given point 2 below.

2. People tend to go for those who are of similar attractiveness. People who are average learn not to hit on super attactive people because of prior rejections. They learn that they get success with similar people, so their attraction will be to people who are in their league.

So if you find someone that you are interested in, even without saying, there is a far greater chance that they will like you back, compared to someone you are not intersted in. Have you found this to be true or untrue in you life?
Unfortunately no. Most of the time I have no interest in people who I either know or can guess are attracted to me and would much rather be single then go out with someone I am not that attracted to.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
no, the women who I am attracted to are usually not attracted to me for whatever reason... with a few exceptions.
I go for women usually within my same attractiveness level in terms of looks and being physically fit. I guess those women are aiming way higher, I have no idea.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
This is not based in reality. Women don't think in terms of 1 through 10 like men do and actually resent this.

Instead men are divided into 3 catagories.

1) hot and worth competing vigorously for. This is the 7 to 15% of men (depending where you live) who get nearly all the action from a wide spectrum of women. They think that dating is easy and have high standards for marriage but will take what they can get from any woman who isn't embarrassing to be around. These men get into multiple relationships - often at the same time - and can get divorced and remarried several times. Women spend their 20s trying to snag such a man and will often take a "rertread". However, eventually its time to settle for......

2) the B team. These are the guys who are not too bad looking and women will eventually settle for them. However, they must have a good job to qualify and in the end, this usually sets them up for the acrimonious divorce. Women hate to settle and will likely resent him and often use this as an excuse to cheat with a hot number.

3) Creeps. This is anywhere from 60 to 70% of men who women might put in the "friends" catagory, if he's not too embarrassing and has plenty to offer. This is a good move since they never know when they might need the services of such men. When such a guy has a good job, is a solid citizen, has no health, mental health or neuroses issues and is financially prudent, he often believes (erroneously) that he deserves a woman as good as he is.

At such a time, he summons his courage and attempts to approach such women. This is considered a major faux pas. He should know that his place is to fish in the pond with the 30% of women who have no hope to play in the big leagues. There was a time, for instance, that such men would marry a woman with 3 kids but most now he sees that such men haven't had sex in 25 years, haven't been seen with her in public in 10 and have a 32 year old step daughter with three kids living with them - indefinately. A majority of such men are now remaining single.

Quote:
Women only worry about their looks when they are trying to snag a hot man. Otherwise, they are fully aware of what they have to offer and know that other men are not that picky. Many will not even consider settling down, no matter how desperate their ticking baby clock makes them.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Uhmmmm....mostly I'm not attracted to the guys that approach me or show they're interested. Guys that I find SUPER hot could care less about me. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships