Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Now wait a minute Mystic.....as Goldn keeps mentioning, believers are in the majority so wouldn't that suggest that what you want is already the default?
Or aren't you satisfied with having the masses on your side....you want atheists and the honorable impartial scientists too? Is that it?
Nah . . . I just want them to stop pretending that their No God view is scientific without proof and the God view requires proof because there isn't any. The arrogance of the militant atheists is as mind-bogglingly unscientific and unreasonable as the fundies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Actually, the way I see it, everything is "natural", regardless of whether there is a God consciousness behind it. You might actually agree with me on that point, as when you say "there is no supernatural."
Yet again we are in agreement, Logic.
Quote:
I am not asserting to others that there is no "God consciousness". But certainly if someone asserts knowledge that a "God consciousness" exists, I will demand proof. Same with someone asserting knowledge of there being no "God consciousness". Both claims require proof.
We still agree.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
All the people who existed prior to the belief in godly attributes, plus all the people who existed, but didn't acknowledge any gods, during the advent of polytheism and deism. Then, during the creation of the Old Testament, all the people who didn't acknowledge the Pantheons of greece OR rome, OR the god of Moses, and all those Mayans running around who didn't believe in any of that stuff but had their own ideas about how things were running.

Then, we have all those aliens from the planet K72BQQzzr.2, who have declared very emphatically that our gods (all of them, not just the judeo/christian/muslim one) are constructs of the human mind and don't exist outside our reality, and that our entire solar system was invented by three of their inferior models who short-circuited one day and spewed forth an explosion of electrodes before they were able to turn the shut-off valve in time.

And those are just the ones I know about. I have no idea who, among the ones I don't know about, made the determination that these awesome capabilities and responsibilities are not godly attributes.

Oh yeah and - I also have determined that these awesome capabilities and responsibilies are not godly attributes. Not in my reality. And I'm an expert in the subject of "my reality" while you haven't even gained amateur status yet.

Having fun yet kids?
Well . . . it takes all kinds.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yet again we are in agreement, Logic.We still agree.
Then why do you continue to make the straw man claim, that we are claiming no god?

Quote:
Nah . . . I just want them to stop pretending that their No God view is scientific

Old 06-25-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Then why do you continue to make the straw man claim, that we are claiming no god?
Because it is neither a straw man claim nor rare. Check the A&A threads and the many atheists espousing their crap on here

Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Because it is neither a straw man claim nor rare. Check the A&A threads and the many atheists espousing their crap on here
Well they can make that negative claim, but as far as I'm concerned, they are no better then your positive claim.
It is a straw man when you address all atheist..

Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Well they can make that negative claim, but as far as I'm concerned, they are no better then your positive claim.
It is a straw man when you address all atheist..
Many atheists seem to want to distance themselves from the assertions of No God. If they also abandon the claims that there is no evidence for A God . . . we have no disagreement. They can espouse their BELIEFS in No God . . . and as long as they continue to couch them as BELIEFS . . . we have no quarrel. I will continue to espouse my BELIEF and certainty in God's consciousness as the universal field establishing our reality.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Many atheists seem to want to distance themselves from the assertions of No God. If they also abandon the claims that there is no evidence for A God . . . we have no disagreement. They can espouse their BELIEFS in No God . . . and as long as they continue to couch them as BELIEFS . . . we have no quarrel. I will continue to espouse my BELIEF and certainty in God's consciousness as the universal field establishing our reality.
The only time I've said, "there is no god", I was talking to a christian, about the biblical god. There is no empirical evidence for a god. If there was, I would no longer be an atheist.

That is your right to believe such things, but if you assert your belief as fact, then you will have me, and many others here calling you out on it.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
By "A God", do you mean "God consciousness"? Or just something generic?

If you meant "God consciousness", than that sentence is equivalent to "If they also abandon the claims that there is evidence for "A God"..."
"God consciousness" and "No God consciousness" are both merely beliefs and unproven claims.

If you meant a generic god, a god with or without consciousness, then the sentence is equivalent to "If they also abandon the claims that there is no evidence for "Nature"..."
"A generic god" and "nature" are both merely different words for the same thing.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:05 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Again, all christians make up only one third of the world's population. Panentheists like Mystic are probably a much smaller minority than atheists. How's that for numbers?

I fail to see your point about "majority rules". That has never dictated actual reality of what exists and what doesn't exist. Before you repeated yourself these last 5 times or so, you were told that we are well aware that a lot of people do believe in a "God consciousness". However, what we are concerned with here is whether a "God consciousness" exists, not how many people believe in it. So, what's your point?
How's that for numbers? PHENOMENAL!! Not unlike an election that has a thousand candidates...and ONE of them takes a full third of the overall votes! One would never think that ANY candidate could be so powerful and influential...but such is Christianity. #1 Theology...by far!! I think Atheism is just below FSM and Fairy Princesses.

You STILL fail to see my "majority rules" point?
Let me 'splain it to ya in no uncertain terms---In the REAL WORLD "Majority Rules" CRUSHES logic, reason, right, wrong, proof, evidence, or any other relatively insignificant criteria you can chant to try to pretend it has more than it's negligible offering as far as influence on the world stage. What REALLY EXISTS...is the OVERWHELMING POWER of MAJOOOOOORITYYYYY RUUUUUUULESSSSS!!!!! Spout about "objective evidence" and "empirical proof" all you want...Majority Rules has it all over that "window dressing". You want a REAL FACT?--try THAT one!

"God Exists" (some call God "nature", but whatever) has the ULTIMATE "mojo"...proof AND majority!!!!

You hip to my point now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality