Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,826 times

Advertisements

In doing some research I have come to learn that the wiccan does not believe in Satan, nor do they worship him on a conscience level.

So I'm wondering about the atheist...is all this talk about Satan just poking at all the Christians or is there more to it than that? Do you believe he exists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM

954 posts, read 813,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post

So I'm wondering about the atheist...is all this talk about Satan just poking at all the Christians or is there more to it than that? Do you believe he exists?
Of course we don't believe satan exists. If we believed that....we would have to believe that god exists too wouldn't we.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Of course we don't believe satan exists. If we believed that....we would have to believe that god exists too wouldn't we.

So I'm assuming you've never experienced anything slightly...um...paranormal? If so, what do you blame it on. Because I've talked to several atheists/ agnostics and most of them have experienced something supernatural and do not know what to blame it on. Do you think that stuff is just science-related?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 AM

193 posts, read 1,028,244 times
I pray for anyone who is atheist. I pray that you find it in your heart to learn the word of god and to understand that Jesus Christ died for all of us. I can't imagine going through this life on earth without faith in God and knowing that he is there for me! God Bless!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
So I'm assuming you've never experienced anything slightly...um...paranormal? If so, what do you blame it on. Because I've talked to several atheists/ agnostics and most of them have experienced something supernatural and do not know what to blame it on. Do you think that stuff is just science-related?
Never in my life have I experienced anything paranormal. I think that if you believe strongly enough that something exists........you will eventually believe that you've seen it.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Never in my life have I experienced anything paranormal. I think that if you believe strongly enough that something exists........you will eventually believe that you've seen it.
I have friends who are missionaries in Nicaragua. In their work, they came across a tiny primitive village in the moutains consisting of about 14 small huts and only a few people. One of the huts, on a consistent basis, fills with blood...literally. The walls become moist with blood and the floor fills for no apparent reason. The villagers don't understand it but know it is 'evil spirits' so they keep their distance since the blood disappears just as it appears. It would never occur to them not to believe in demons or spirits and they would think you were crazy if you denied what they have seen w/ their own eyes. This village has never been infiltrated by white people and they have never had or seen a bible. They have no reason to 'want' to see this thing they've been seeing for years but they worship a deity of their own making and they pray that it goes away someday.

My friends actually saw this phenomenon. I'm quite sure they didnt want to but they did. What do you make of that?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdsag View Post
I pray for anyone who is atheist.
Save your breath for those that believe in prayer.

Quote:
I pray that you find it in your heart to learn the word of god and to understand that Jesus Christ died for all of us.
Well when you are able to prove that your man-god existed you can give me a call!

Quote:
I can't imagine going through this life on earth without faith in God and knowing that he is there for me! God Bless!
Wierd isn't it? I can't imagine going through life in the 21st century and still believing in the demented ramblings of goat hearders from 2000 years ago.

By the way, your statement "I can't imagine going through this life on earth without faith in God and knowing that he is there for me" is a contradiction. If you have "faith" you dont "know".

Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Save your breath for those that believe in prayer.

Well when you are able to prove that your man-god existed you can give me a call!

Wierd isn't it? I can't imagine going through life in the 21st century and still believing in the demented ramblings of goat hearders from 2000 years ago.

By the way, your statement "I can't imagine going through this life on earth without faith in God and knowing that he is there for me" is a contradiction. If you have "faith" you dont "know".

Actulally, pladecalvo...faith is defined as 'assured expectation' of things hoped for so you do know. You really do. If you don't, then it's not faith...it's hope.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Actulally, pladecalvo...faith is defined as 'assured expectation' of things hoped for so you do know. You really do. If you don't, then it's not faith...it's hope.
Not in my dictionary! It's defined as trust, belief without proof.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
Quote:
Not in my dictionary! It's defined as trust, belief without proof.
I like Alice's dictionary better. Sounds like you need to get to Barnes & Noble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality