Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times

Advertisements

I've asked this question a lot, and get different answers. I, admittedly have not read the entire Bible. My question is, How could God separate parents from their children by allowing , lets say, the parents into heaven, but not their adult children? I know I wouldn't want to be thinking of my children being tortured forever while I'm sleeping in, riding lions, and eating chocolate.

Some people say you will not be bothered by that a bit because you'll be so happy in heaven. Others say the Bible says we will not know our loved ones when separated, while still others say the Bible says we will know our loved ones. I also hear that it is stated in the Bible that God would not separate us from our loved ones. So, wouldn't anyone who believes that last statement also believe that no one will go to hell? Unless an entire family would be going to Heaven or hell, that is.

Some people have told me scriptures upholding what they believe, but, if I don't write them down, I forget them. Can you shed some light on this question? Please, and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,067 times
My guess is that the soul does not have relatives; just a source and back to it when all is done and said.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM

So, will some souls go to Heaven and some to Hell, in your opinion?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:49 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,452 times
Scripture teaches that those who have faith in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior will enjoy eternal life in His presence. Those who put their faith in anything other than Christ Jesus will suffer eternal torment – separation from Him.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Scripture teaches that those who have faith in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior will enjoy eternal life in His presence. Those who put their faith in anything other than Christ Jesus will suffer eternal torment – separation from Him.
True this is what the Bible teaches us. There is verse in Psalms, can't remember where, but it says we will not remember our loved ones in hell. Which makes since, how could we be joyful if we know what's happening to them.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 PM

218 posts, read 397,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
I agree completely. Humans are given free will.

I am sorry that there will be those who will be lost in hell, but it is a matter of choice. Final decisions are eternal decisions and that is what heaven and hell are all about.

Since there are those who do not want God, his love, goodness, kindness, and favor...He will not force them to take it. But the only alternative is to be separated from Him in eternity. It's a choice.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
I agree completely. Humans are given free will.

I am sorry that there will be those who will be lost in hell, but it is a matter of choice. Final decisions are eternal decisions and that is what heaven and hell are all about.

Since there are those who do not want God, his love, goodness, kindness, and favor...He will not force them to take it. But the only alternative is to be separated from Him in eternity. It's a choice.
You are so right!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,573,827 times
Seven great posts in a row that has to be a record on the R&P Forum without a negative reply.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
So, will some souls go to Heaven and some to Hell, in your opinion?
Hmm, to be honest, Jess5, I haven't really figured out this hell thing yet.
I somehow have the feeling that hell could not be any worse and scary than that created by some humans right here on Earth among us all.

Last edited by learningCA; 02-04-2010 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 PM

Do you all agree that no one will know their loved ones in Heaven? And, there's nowhere in the Bible that states that God would not see his children torn apart from their earthly families?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality