Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
The Bible says as your faith is, so be it unto you.

I have faith my dearly departed animals will be in Heaven. So there.
Interesting thought there, Jeff. What we bind will be bound and what we loose will be loosed, eh?

Either way on this pet issue, Heaven won't be an unhappy place, ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I think I was thinking about the passage about the Sanctuary. Probably doesn't apply, although couple with the I Corinthians passage about seeing things through a veil or dimly, it might be applicable.

Here's the Hebrews (Chapter 8) passage I think I was thinking of, although, again, this is specifically on the Sanctuary and not on Heaven as a whole:

Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already men who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain." But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

<emphasis mine>
Well, it does possibly give some indication that what we see on earth is a "type and shadow" of what will be in Heaven.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, it does possibly give some indication that what we see on earth is a "type and shadow" of what will be in Heaven.
I think so. I mean if God created the Earth (and HE did), then isn't it likely that He created it with things that please Him? And if He's pleased with the things here, it only makes sense to me that Heaven will just be a huge improvement on the things we see here. At least that's what I think. But, honestly, I'm more concerned over my CD friends being there than I am any pet I've ever owned.....or Roger for that matter. (Sorry arguy, hope that doesn't anger you)

Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Interesting thought there, Jeff. What we bind will be bound and what we loose will be loosed, eh?

Either way on this pet issue, Heaven won't be an unhappy place, ya know?
Yeah, I said this kinda tongue-in-cheek, but at the same time, I think it has merit. Basically, I feel it would be strange to put these animals on earth that we love and bond with, but that Heaven would be empty of them, ya know?

Regardless, you are right, Heaven will be awesome!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Quote:
I think so. I mean if God created the Earth (and HE did), then isn't it likely that He created it with things that please Him? And if He's pleased with the things here, it only makes sense to me that Heaven will just be a huge improvement on the things we see here. At least that's what I think. But, honestly, I'm more concerned over my CD friends being there than I am any pet I've ever owned.....or Roger for that matter. (Sorry arguy, hope that doesn't anger you)
lol, angry? over a chicken-hahahahaha..in all seriousness, im really not worried about a chicken being there. People yes, pets, animals--no.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
lol, angry? over a chicken-hahahahaha..in all seriousness, im really not worried about a chicken being there. People yes, pets, animals--no.
Speaking of chickens...My very first, all my own pet was a chicken..I was seven years old. She was a chick and I named her "OI-SOY" She sat on my lap all summer long and grew into a big fat red hen and was very loving towards me and I loved her with all my heart. We were poor country folk surving on a garden, berry picking and milk from a neighbor at 25 cents a gallon. One day I came home from school , it was a beautiful fall day, all the trees were beautifully changing colors. As I approached the house, I could smell moms homemade bread in the wood burning oven and I smelled something else..Fried chicken I was physically sick that night and I was only comforted by the fact that "OI-SOY" was in heaven

Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Speaking of chickens...My very first, all my own pet was a chicken..I was seven years old. She was a chick and I named her "OI-SOY" She sat on my lap all summer long and grew into a big fat red hen and was very loving towards me and I loved her with all my heart. We were poor country folk surving on a garden, berry picking and milk from a neighbor at 25 cents a gallon. One day I came home from school , it was a beautiful fall day, all the trees were beautifully changing colors. As I approached the house, I could smell moms homemade bread in the wood burning oven and I smelled something else..Fried chicken I was physically sick that night and I was only comforted by the fact that "OI-SOY" was in heaven
Wow. Food for thought: If animals do go to heaven, shouldn't we all be vegetarians?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 AM

668 posts, read 682,135 times
Ok, If you'll allow in Dogs and Cats, then I'm bringing my pet rooster!

He crows at 1,2,3,4, and 6 AM.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wow. Food for thought: If animals do go to heaven, shouldn't we all be vegetarians?
Well, the Bible says that the animals were provided (in part) for us to eat, I believe.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
Ok, If you'll allow in Dogs and Cats, then I'm bringing my pet rooster!

He crows at 1,2,3,4, and 6 AM.
Trebek, your pet rooster and my hen OI-SOY I am getting all choked up here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality