Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 03:53 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There is no god, no heaven, no hell. Our life is ours to do as we wish. While suicide appears a selfish act, I believe it is our right to decide if we want to end it.
Everyone reserves the right to be wrong.
Whether God exists is irrelevant to personal free choice.

As God is not falsifiable, its logically inconsistent to make a factual claim that there is no God. The best anyone can do is to claim their own belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 03:55 AM

3,799 posts, read 2,995,173 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOTlboBY88

I don't often agree with this guy, but he makes some good points.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:06 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Hmm this is a hard one-I would like to believe that if you commit suicide that god will forgive you-however if you commit suicide how will you repent your sin? You have murdered yourself so to speak-I don't know if anyone can answer this question...
I'll help you out. You got it more than half solved already.!

Sin is described as that which separates a soul from God.
Once dead we are stuck in the spiritual state or condition we were in at death because its too late to make changes in our arrested life, spiritual retrocausality doesn't work after death.
The spiritual condition that causes suicide is about as far as a soul can get from God.

Yes, it is self murder, ego is the mortal enemy.
Ego hates God, it will kill the person rather than surrender, the implication is ego is sentient.
Its the evil within that Jesus alluded to when they asked him "from whence cometh evil".

From the very heart of man.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:02 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
God gives you the first breath you breathe and takes away the last breath you breathe. Why do you think there's suicide attempts? It's God way of saying it wasn't time for that person to go yet.

I've known people who have attempted and committed suicide. Several of them are related to me. You do not know what that person was going through to make them get to that point. Some people have so much pain wheather its emotionally, physically and/or mentally, they just feel its best to end it all.

God makes his judgement at the end of who gets to go to Heaven. Everyone is a sinner and I believe those who accept and believe in Jesus have a good chance of going to Heaven

Hearts living in darkness( Jeremiah 17:9) with no hope do things like suicides. Most on earth today look forward and see no hope. Prices are soaring, hatred running amok, Gods earth being destroyed
by the greed of the wicked corporation owners and govt puppets they buy and sell everyday of the week.
Gods kingdom is the ONLY remaining hope. Coming soon. Unfortunately--those who do not already know this will be mislead to worship the image of the beast--it will look very good to the mortal heart--otherwise NONE would worship the image.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:00 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
God gives you the first breath you breathe and takes away the last breath you breathe. Why do you think there's suicide attempts? It's God way of saying it wasn't time for that person to go yet.
I've known people who have attempted and committed suicide. Several of them are related to me. You do not know what that person was going through to make them get to that point. Some people have so much pain whether its emotionally, physically and/or mentally, they just feel its best to end it all.
God makes his judgement at the end of who gets to go to Heaven. Everyone is a sinner and I believe those who accept and believe in Jesus have a good chance of going to Heaven
I find it is 'Not God's way of saying it wasn't time......' because according to Ecclesiastes 7:17 we are told Not to be foolish so as to die before one's time (Psalm 90:10).

I find mental illness contributes to suicide attempts. After all mental illness can be torture for a person.
Besides going to heaven for some - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10 - to reign as kings and priests over Earth, the majority of people can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to enjoy life on Earth.
Just as Jesus promised that the humble meek will inherit (Not heaven) but inherit the Earth. - Psalm 37:9-11

Unless one has committed the unforgivable sin of Matthew 12:32, then Romans 6:7,23 applies that the dead are freed or acquitted from their sins. Just as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charge does Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charge does Not stick.

'Death' inherited from father Adam stamps the price tag of sin as Paid In Full.
Just as there was No post-mortem penalty for sinner Adam there is No post-mortem penalty for anyone else.
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' (Psalm 92:7) but the majority can be part of Acts 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection.... A resurrection to take place on Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
Then, we can be re-united with resurrected loved ones right here on a beautiful paradisical Earth as described at Revelation 22:2 when there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations under Christ as King of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Nobody goes to hell except those poor souls who find themselves therein on earth: starving, disease-ridden babies, addicts, the mentally ill, rape victims, abused women and children, the falsely imprisoned, etc.

Our job as fellow humans is to try to help them escape their hells - without having to die to do it.

Last edited by TroutDude; 04-16-2018 at 06:40 PM..

Old 04-16-2018, 08:26 PM

11,080 posts, read 7,146,060 times
The OP packed her bags of this forum over 5 years ago. The messages are eternal though. No hellish waste basket here.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Japanese see suicide as honorable
So do mideastern
The suicide taboo is American
Hello he is a mideastern god
Not American
Please appreciate the fact that all the guys we worship or adore in the Bible are wearing camel bedouin clothes

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-16-2018 at 08:59 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 07:15 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,108,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Someone who is in real, intolerable, unending and/or worsening physical or emotional pain should be allowed the basic human right to conduct their lives in private. Outsiders with an agenda certainly have no place influencing or judging such critical decisions.

They obviously do not understand pain and suffering, nor it's consequences on a family who must tend to that sufferer for, in some cases, years. Often the end-result is one of watching that person suffer through intractable pain with no recourse in the end, when they are truly immobilized, but to be flooded, hour after hour with mind-and soul-numbing morphine, Dilaudid etc.

I have personally witnessed such unnecessary suffering in my family, and am more than comfortable with the individual's conscious and very brave personal decision to end what will end anyways, but allowing it in a planned, mature and conscious manner, while one's senses are intact.

The oft-stated goal of all medicine is to shorten suffering, and this is also sincerely promised by various Christian spokesmen. The difference is they want to leave it up to an imaginary invisible entity who has historically yet to show either Himself or his powers in any such matters.

Otherwise, many people would surely end their mind-bending suffering in a planned and thoughtful way, cognizant of the suffering it has or is causing their family. However they often hesitate because they have had a curse of retribution drummed into their conscious thinking. How cruel, ignorant and selfish to press such thoughtless ideas.

Of course, since there certainly is no hell, not even in Scripture, we don't have to worry about that ancient scare tactic. Only the noncritical thinker accepts and trembles at the idea of such fear-based nonsense.

Leave deeply personal issues about one's obvious mortality to the individual, and get out of the business of cynically passing judgment on the private affairs of others.

And it just feels good to read any of RM's posts again.

Last edited by Tantalust; 04-17-2018 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: I forget

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Yes they do. I know for a fact. You are wrong.
how can you say with any certainty you are right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality