Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 02:43 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,934,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
That's a nice sentiment, except for "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." -Jesus

Yes in a spiritual sense Jesus was speaking of not in a physical sense. They would become spiritual enemies. Clearly showing all, God must be put first in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 02:43 PM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Being a follower of Jesus' teachings, I believe what he wrote here:

"The only difficulty in carrying out this plan effectively, and having it produce the results desired, is that the Bible does not contain many sayings of mine disclosing the Truths, and does contain many sayings attributed to me which I never said. Take that saying over which a controversy is now occurring and which is referred to in another article contained in the book mentioned; that is, that I said I came not to bring peace to the world but rather a 'sword.'"

Sin has no existence except as it is created by mankind and man must pay the penalties
Since when did Jesus write anything?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, ya know, this has to do with receiving Divine Love and is a part of my soul perceptions about God. Plus, I have posted this before about Jesus' true teachings, of which I am a 40 year follower. Jesus' messages are quite profound and phenomenal. I've never read anything other than these teachings that make so much common sense. I have also posted that the "proof is in the prayer."

As Jesus wrote:

"My truths are plain and my teachings can be understood by the simple." Humbled to be one of the simple.

The Truths may be understood by the simple.

Prayer for the Divine Love
Again, I was not aware that Jesus wrote anything.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:24 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,170,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Since when did Jesus write anything?
Before World War I began in 1914 to 1920.

Truth for all People

The Origin of These Messages by Dr. Leslie R. Stone

Countless changes have been made in the copying and recopying of the original manuscripts left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 06-02-2018 at 04:50 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 04:33 PM

5,540 posts, read 7,134,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes in a spiritual sense Jesus was speaking of not in a physical sense. Clearly showing all, God must be put first in their lives.

OHH... you mean Christians should hate their families after they're dead?
Like in Luke 14:26..

I see now.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Oh my.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:01 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
OHH... you mean Christians should hate their families after they're dead?
Like in Luke 14:26..
I see now.
The word ' hate ' in Scripture can simply mean to love to a lesser degree.
In other words, we are to first love God, then others.
So, we are to ' hate ' ( love to a lesser degree ) even one's self.
As Jesus made sacrifices - Matthew 20:28 - for us, we too should make sacrifices in one's life, one's time.
Just as Jesus instructed to teach others (Luke 4:43) about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, then we are to ' buy out ', so to speak, time out of one's life to tell others about the good news.

As far as ' after their dead ' then there is the resurrection hope of Acts 24:15 that there is going to be a resurrection.......

Old 06-02-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
As Jesus made sacrifices - Matthew 20:28 - for us, we too should make sacrifices in one's life, one's time.
Just as Jesus instructed to teach others (Luke 4:43) about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, then we are to ' buy out ', so to speak, time out of one's life to tell others about the good news.

As far as ' after their dead ' then there is the resurrection hope of Acts 24:15 that there is going to be a resurrection.......
When you have to redefine words to have you faith make sense, it really means that what is written in your faith is ALL questionable.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh my.

Uh-huh.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:38 PM

2,078 posts, read 2,025,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

Ex Catholic here , due to some paperwork I had to get the 1000th copy of ( from Europe ). Wasn't going to leave my new at the time husband over it so I left on my own . No ill will and the door is always open . I was always more aligned naturally with Spiritualism / Pagan side of things anyway and this above is one of the reasons why . My last priest was really a Spiritualist before I left the Catholics .

I do not possibly see how you can turn the word hate into love on any level at any time in this universe or in The Summerland , Heaven , any SORT of afterlife . NO WAY do I believe that and neither should anyone else . That's like an abusive person saying you made me hit you , or I have to beat you so you love me .

Hate does not mean love . Never has, never will. Your rationalization skills are out of this world though .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality