Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 11:28 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,932,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
God gives you the first breath you breathe and takes away the last breath you breathe. Why do you think there's suicide attempts? It's God way of saying it wasn't time for that person to go yet.

I've known people who have attempted and committed suicide. Several of them are related to me. You do not know what that person was going through to make them get to that point. Some people have so much pain wheather its emotionally, physically and/or mentally, they just feel its best to end it all.

God makes his judgement at the end of who gets to go to Heaven. Everyone is a sinner and I believe those who accept and believe in Jesus have a good chance of going to Heaven
Definitely agree with you. Once Jesus give life to us spirituality, we are free from all condemnation from sins past present and future. Just because the person who committed suicide didn't have time to confess their sin before they died doesn't mean they are condemned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 12:07 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
What I find most interesting about this thread and sub-forum is how many christians know exactly how god thinks and acts...yet disagree.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:23 PM

4,388 posts, read 4,243,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What I find most interesting about this thread and sub-forum is how many christians know exactly how god thinks and acts...yet disagree.
What I find interesting about this thread is that so many who claim to know the truth have no personal evidence for their belief. I know that what I experienced may have just been an altered neurological state, but I at least have experience with an actual suicide attempt. I'm not basing my statements on what someone else told me.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:13 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
What I find interesting about this thread is that so many who claim to know the truth have no personal evidence for their belief. I know that what I experienced may have just been an altered neurological state, but I at least have experience with an actual suicide attempt. I'm not basing my statements on what someone else told me.
That's cool.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:23 PM

11,051 posts, read 6,005,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I would be interested in what you experienced if you feel inclined to share. I became interested in what people experience in such situations after my son took his life.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
OHH... you mean Christians should hate their families after they're dead?
Like in Luke 14:26..

I see now.

It is obviously symbolic for something else. Fact--The New covenant = LOVE--For ALL. Even ones enemies.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:14 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The word ' hate ' in Scripture can simply mean to love to a lesser degree.
In other words, we are to first love God, then others.
So, we are to ' hate ' ( love to a lesser degree ) even one's self.
As Jesus made sacrifices - Matthew 20:28 - for us, we too should make sacrifices in one's life, one's time.
Just as Jesus instructed to teach others (Luke 4:43) about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, then we are to ' buy out ', so to speak, time out of one's life to tell others about the good news.

As far as ' after their dead ' then there is the resurrection hope of Acts 24:15 that there is going to be a resurrection.......

Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The word ' hate ' in Scripture can simply mean to love to a lesser degree.
In other words, we are to first love God, then others.
So, we are to ' hate ' ( love to a lesser degree ) even one's self.
As Jesus made sacrifices - Matthew 20:28 - for us, we too should make sacrifices in one's life, one's time.
Just as Jesus instructed to teach others (Luke 4:43) about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, then we are to ' buy out ', so to speak, time out of one's life to tell others about the good news.

As far as ' after their dead ' then there is the resurrection hope of Acts 24:15 that there is going to be a resurrection.......
Mmmh, one goal post each.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,767,902 times
Quote:
It is obviously symbolic for something else. Fact--The New covenant = LOVE--For ALL. Even ones enemies.

Do you believe in Noah's Flood?"

"Yes, that actually happened."

"Do you believe in the huge fish swallowing Jonah?"

"If that's what the Bible says, I believe that it happened."

"The talking snake and donkey?"

"I believe those things actually occurred."

" Christians should hate their families"?

"It is obviously symbolic ."

Old 06-04-2018, 11:42 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,709 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that those clearly-malignant Luke/14-26 directives were written specifically to dodge the already anticipated interference from worried family members.

Centuries of brainwashing/isolation successes in monasteries seem to bear witness to it.

Then in recent years, pedophile priests seem to use the tool to take advantage of wayward kids.

More horrible tragedy here is the related suicide epidemic of Australian clergy-abuse victims.

They're estimating that a third of the kids have ended up dead by their own hand.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...19-gh535a.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality