Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Thanks Annie for triggering a thought.

I was going to have myself cremated, but now that I think about it.
That would be a selfish act. I would be depriving some living thing of using my body after I’m done with it.
I think I’m going to have my corpse mailed to Annie and you can all get together and have a BBQ.

I’ll supply the meat.
no, no, no, noone i suppose wants to eat your flesh but i'am thinking of buying some land way out in no man's land one day and offering burial without chemicals and all the frills. i'll be happy to have your pledge to become the first leasee.
i'am really worried about our water tables and all of the chemicals that are dumped into it. we need to get over fears of the after-life and modernize our death disposal practices. why are we in modern day times placing bodies in concrete vaults and retiring pieces of the earth forever? we need the space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Animals have souls-they are living breathing things-I can't imagine going to heaven and asking god "where are the animals?" Heaven to me would be with animals....

Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Being a Comanche traditionalist, I believe that all living things have a spirit. The elders of my Nation teach that in our version of heaven/ paradise/whatever you want to call it, there are animals there.

I couldn't imagine heaven without animals...

Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I couldn't imagine heaven without animals...
Imagination is the key word. The developing imagination of ignorant, primitive mankind is where all religion originated....thousands of years ago when they believed some invisible man in the sky was granting and guiding their lives and protecting them from the elements and the animals.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The belief that dogs have souls would demand that dogs have certain inalienably rights - similar to a human who happens to have a low IQ.

Do you believe dogs have inalienable rights?
I don't believe animals have a human soul, but I do believe they have a spirit which will continue to exist after it leaves the body. I fail to see how "rights" enter into the picture at all, and I would never expect society to enact laws based on my personal religious beliefs. No further comment.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Now I wonder.

Will there be spirit dinosaurs?
I’ll be needing a pterodactyl or two to fly around on.

If a dog can be there than why not all the creatures that ever lived.
This place is going to be crawling with animal.

Last edited by Aeroman; 12-15-2010 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Good night :D

Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
You know, animals can think because they have a working brain.

There is no reason to believe there is a little spirit running around inside an animals body.

There's no evidence that any alternative energy is providing redundant consciousness.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Now I wonder.

Will there be spirit dinosaurs?
I’ll be needing a pterodactyl or two to fly around on.

If a dog can be there than why not all the creatures that ever lived.
This place is going to be crawling with animal.
Oh, they will be burning in Hell. Since the humans who drowned in the flood, plus all the prehistoric animals other than the deserving ones herded onto the ark (I wonder how Moses knew - 'Now you ..Trapsichordorhynchus..have you ever told a lie, lusted after your neighbour's wife..or whatever...or blasphemed the Holy Spirit? Sorry, you drown. Next..') did not deserve to live, they will be roasting alongside the blasphemers, infidels, heretics and worshippers in the wrong Church..

Old 12-16-2010, 02:00 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Oh, they will be burning in Hell. Since the humans who drowned in the flood, plus all the prehistoric animals other than the deserving ones herded onto the ark (I wonder how Moses knew - 'Now you ..Trapsichordorhynchus..have you ever told a lie, lusted after your neighbour's wife..or whatever...or blasphemed the Holy Spirit? Sorry, you drown. Next..') did not deserve to live, they will be roasting alongside the blasphemers, infidels, heretics and worshippers in the wrong Church..
The idea that one relatively small group will walk streets paved with gold and dine with the creator of the universe while a massive number burn in the eternal fires of hell is what finally made an agnostic of me. I don't know if anything exists beyond this life(I Doubt It) but if there is anything, each and every existing life form will have an equal shot at it. An almighty creator with a loving spirit who would do otherwise is a misnomer or a lot worse..

Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Why would animals all get to go heaven, but not all humans?

If this theory is true, isn't it equally possible that animals will burn in hell for eternity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality