Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times

Advertisements

Leana,

I think you should post a photo of yourself in the photo thread in said bikini and let us all decide.

Thanks

(goin straight to hell I am)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM

564 posts, read 1,900,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Leana,

Just because my name is Nana doesn't mean I'm 100 years old and totally "out there". So please don't think I'm coming out with just some old-fogey notion.

But because you took the time to sit down and write out your question, I have to wonder "why". My guess is you're having doubts and because you've come back into the presence of God, the Holy Spirit is prompting you.

I wouldn't just ignore that prompting...perhaps there's a reason for it. Maybe it's not absolutely evident, but pray and follow God's will for your life. We're encouraged to be modest...so now that is, as arguy said, between you, God and your husband.
I totally agree with this. God speaks to us in many different ways.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Hi...I've gone back to church now and my life is changing for the better too. I got remarried also and life is doing good for me. But I do have an issue about clothes, in particular about swimsuits. I still love to go swimming and sunbathing at times too. Here's the question:

Should I stop wearing bikinis??

P.S. I love one-pieces, but haven't wore one since I was 14. So, I'm just curious about the swimsuit thing.
Wear what makes you feel comfortable. More important, congratz on getting remarried! A few weeks ago you said you visited and broke up with, a boyfriend in Yuma because he had a girlfriend on the side. Is this a new fellow?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Leana,

I think you should post a photo of yourself in the photo thread in said bikini and let us all decide.

Thanks

(goin straight to hell I am)
LOL!!! You're horrible.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
I agree with kaykay and FL_TN_NANA great post from both of you!!

I think it depends on how much you have pushed up and almost falling out is what un appropriate. If you wear it with taste and you can still fit into one then more power to you. I just feel you must know that other men will be checking you out. I know that when I was in my 20's my shorts were very short and my bathing suits very small looking back now I understand my dad's comments. At the time I was dressing for my girlfriends and not thinking much about what the boys were thinking!!
As you grow in your Christian walk God shows us how our dressing can be offensive or disturbing to others.

I live in a resort town and it's amazing the way women walk around town like there are no YOUNG boys under 14 looking at them hanging it ALL out or almost. And that the whole town is one large BEACH.
You would think it would be women in their 20's AND 30'S doing this, it's not it's the 40's and 50 year old women and to tell the truth not all can still wear a bathing suit of any kind!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Hi...I've gone back to church now and my life is changing for the better too. I got remarried also and life is doing good for me. But I do have an issue about clothes, in particular about swimsuits. I still love to go swimming and sunbathing at times too. Here's the question:

Should I stop wearing bikinis??

P.S. I love one-pieces, but haven't wore one since I was 14. So, I'm just curious about the swimsuit thing.
Absolutely not!! Your bathing suit choice has absolutely nothing to do with the person you are inside and your beliefs. If you feel that you are still comfortable in a bikini then you should wear one. Don't change your clothing choices to please others. I have a feeling that someone in your life has made a comment about it and that's why your asking this question? Sometimes the people who are telling you not to wear one anymore are the people that "can't" wear one themselves (if you know what i mean).

Glad to hear that your back to church. Wishing you much happiness in your new marriage. God Bless.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 AM

548 posts, read 2,648,160 times
Let's put it this way: if you're wearing anything over a size 6, you're probably not making men "lust" after you anyway.

If you're a little bitty thing, well, I still don't think it matters in the least. Mormons can't wear shorts, plenty of "good Catholics" in France go topless all the time at the beach. Whatever YOU and whatever religion it is you follow, think is right.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:13 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
I know I'm about to get blasted by folks, but here's my take....

It's a daily struggle for me to not look where I'm not supposed to look, not think what I'm not supposed to think, and not see what I'm not supposed to see. There's women, very attractive women, at my church that wear things that are, in my opinion, way too low cut.

Guys, at least this guy, has a hard time keeping his eyes off an attractive woman, the easier you make it for me, the more I appreciate it.

I'm kinda lining up with Nana on this one, if you are having second thoughts on whether what you are wearing is appropriate or not, those thoughts probably aren't coming from you but rather from the Holy Spirit.

There's nothing that says you can't wear anything you want to wear, but God may be asking not "Can you?" but "should you?"

Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I know I'm about to get blasted by folks, but here's my take....

It's a daily struggle for me to not look where I'm not supposed to look, not think what I'm not supposed to think, and not see what I'm not supposed to see. There's women, very attractive women, at my church that wear things that are, in my opinion, way too low cut.

Guys, at least this guy, has a hard time keeping his eyes off an attractive woman, the easier you make it for me, the more I appreciate it.

I'm kinda lining up with Nana on this one, if you are having second thoughts on whether what you are wearing is appropriate or not, those thoughts probably aren't coming from you but rather from the Holy Spirit.

There's nothing that says you can't wear anything you want to wear, but God may be asking not "Can you?" but "should you?"
I agree some women at my church wear innappropriate clothing at church. They are wearing halter tops and strapless tops. These are ok out of church - but I just don't think they should be worn at church. I wear them outside of church but would NEVER wear these tops in there. As for you not being able to keep your eyes off of attractive women - your gonna look at them whether they have a low cut top on or not. Some women are so attractive and have a really nice figure that anything they wear is going to look "sexy" on them - even if they are completely covered up.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post
I agree some women at my church wear innappropriate clothing at church. They are wearing halter tops and strapless tops. These are ok out of church - but I just don't think they should be worn at church. I wear them outside of church but would NEVER wear these tops in there. As for you not being able to keep your eyes off of attractive women - your gonna look at them whether they have a low cut top on or not. Some women are so attractive and have a really nice figure that anything they wear is going to look "sexy" on them - even if they are completely covered up.
I totally agree here. Ultimately I find that culpability lies with the guy to keep his thoughts in order! Sure a girl shouldn't be running around in dental floss at church, anyone can agree with that I think, but...

Some women can cover up all they want but they are still going to be stared at because God gave them a curvy body. My wife falls into this catagory, and has been given a hard time before simply because she wore a shirt that was v-necked. It wasn't plunging down to her waist or anything: but she has an "ample bosom" and unless she is going to wear turtlenecks all the time, she is going to have some cleavage. So any guy but me that is going to be around her needs to keep it in check!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality