Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times

Advertisements

Scott Lively, Don Schmierer and Rick Warren's hands are bloody with their "conferences" in support of extreme anti-gay legislation in Uganda fostering a environment of hate, and now, murder by hammer.

Ugandan Gay Rights Activist Murdered, US Evangelicals Must Take Responsibility | Religion Dispatches

Nice work guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 11:28 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Scott Lively, Don Schmierer and Rick Warren's hands are bloody with their "conferences" in support of extreme anti-gay legislation in Uganda fostering a environment of hate, and now, murder by hammer.

Ugandan Gay Rights Activist Murdered, US Evangelicals Must Take Responsibility | Religion Dispatches

Nice work guys.
Question: In your opinion is there any other kind of anti-gay legislation other than "extreme"?

I keep hearing the term "extreme rightwinger" from liberals and "extreme leftwinger" from conservatives.

I guess some might call me an extreme moderate as I can't stand the way the left and the right label those with whom they disagree.

But I digress.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Question: In your opinion is there any other kind of anti-gay legislation other than "extreme"?

I keep hearing the term "extreme rightwinger" from liberals and "extreme leftwinger" from conservatives.

I guess some might call me an extreme moderate as I can't stand the way the left and the right label those with whom they disagree.

But I digress.
Well, the death penalty for being gay is right up there I would say.

I disagree with you therefore you die! Is this what upsets you that some folks find extreme? Those folks who are supporting human rights really should stop with the charged labels and just lie down and be beheaded for Christ's sakes.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I have to agree with the death penalty for being gay as being extreme. I really don't think there is any other way to view it.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM

180 posts, read 217,258 times
Why is everyone so afraid of people being gay? Who cares how they live their lives as long as it doesnt interfere with yours.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Evangelicals are fundamentalists. Their agenda is no different than that of the church during the middle ages. Unfortunately, fundamentalist Christians have propagated the 21st century "witch hunt" with it now being homosexuals.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post

Nice work guys.
Is it wrong to hate and commit murder?

If God does not exist and, by extension, there is no such thing as an objective moral value, upon what basis would you presume to judge the actions of others?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Is it wrong to hate and commit murder?

If God does not exist and, by extension, there is no such thing as an objective moral value, upon what basis would you presume to judge the actions of others?
you know, you're one sick puppy to believe that and if this is any example of your Christianity, then by all means it should die. Life is sacred, all life is sacred and it doesn't matter what your lifestyle is or what you believe or don't believe. Life is sacred.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
you know, you're one sick puppy to believe that and if this is any example of your Christianity, then by all means it should die. Life is sacred, all life is sacred and it doesn't matter what your lifestyle is or what you believe or don't believe. Life is sacred.
Interpretation of your ad hom: Argument weak here, pound the table.

Are you saying that life is sacred in the relative sense or is it sacred in the objective sense?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Well I am a member of ELCA - The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
We are liberals and Gay people an be ordained.
Do not confuse "Evangelical" (delivering the good news) with "fundamentalist."
The can be the same thing - but they often are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality