Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well Jesus Christ says there is. Not everyone who says to me, LORD,LORD, will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do the will of my Father.
And there is where the difference is found. He tells us those who obey His commandments are those who love Him. To many do not obey, yet go to church and give us a good show, yet God is not impressed.
Again we have no proof Jesus said anything at all, you are basing it all on a book where you have never met, seen or talked to the writers nor has anyone else. Anything that demands anyone to obey him is not worth obeying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Many of the prophecies occured long after such writers died. And many of those prophecies speak of what is happening in our time. And those details would not be easy for anyone to guess at. Especially the rebirth of Israel as a nation near the end of time.

And according to Romans 1:26 it states. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. So no, it would not be ok.
No such prophecies have been fulfilled and if they were, anyone could throw some guesses out there and get a couple right. Go to seekers failed prophecies thread and please state these fulfilled ones.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
The Bible is light years beyond you. It's obvious you know little about it. And that is the main reason you don't believe it. The Biblical prophecies which speak of our future confirm it's truth. Yet your talking about someone with dyed hair? The Bible tells us to live pure lives before God. The homosexuals have rejected those teachings, and are a big part of the spread of the AIDs virus. What is sad, is the way you ignore that reality. Millions across the earth have died, and the only thing that makes you sad is predudice?

A homosexual, is a man who has sexual desires for other men. Romans 1:26 clearly tells you such desires are shameful. It matters little why God gave them over to such desires. The desire itself, according to Scripture is considered shameful.
You missed my points entirely. Apparently, I'm light years beyond you!

If you are happy in your beliefs - I guess there is nothing that can be said to change your mind. I just wish you could see people for who they are - and not this idea of good and evil that you have come up with.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Where is Hitler mentioned in your prophecies? What does Hitler have to do with the formation of the State of Israel??
Jews escaped from Hitlers death camps. Most countries only allow small numbers of Jews in. Only other country to escape to, was Israel. And even that was not easy.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:20 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
There is a big difference between one who calls themselves a Christian, and one, WHO IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN.
And who determines who is a "true Christian", since from where I'm standing, they don't exist by your criteria. By the way, would you like to stop committing logical fallacies yet?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well Jesus Christ says there is. Not everyone who says to me, LORD,LORD, will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do the will of my Father.
And there is where the difference is found. He tells us those who obey His commandments are those who love Him. To many do not obey, yet go to church and give us a good show, yet God is not impressed.
Well, considering you ignore most of his commandments, does that mean you're not a True Christian? Your fruits indicate you are not. Or, is it that anything you believe makes one a true Christian, and anyone who disagrees with you is not?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You missed my points entirely. Apparently, I'm light years beyond you!

If you are happy in your beliefs - I guess there is nothing that can be said to change your mind. I just wish you could see people for who they are - and not this idea of good and evil that you have come up with.

I did not come up with the good and evil. The God of the Bible did. And I see people as God sees them. Homosexuality has helped in spreading the AIDs virus in a big way. And it appears to me you don't care about that. The reality is, if people had followed the techings of the Bible which you do not believe in. Millions of people would be alive today. And that is the reality.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, considering you ignore most of his commandments, does that mean you're not a True Christian? Your fruits indicate you are not. Or, is it that anything you believe makes one a true Christian, and anyone who disagrees with you is not?
A true Christian will confess his sin before God. He will not join some action group to support his wrong doing. And what fruits of mine are you speaking about?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Homosexuality has dramitically helped in spreading the AIDs virus.
And Christians are the most destructive group of people in human history (see Crusades, Inquisition, Witch burning, dark ages etc. etc.)

Should we condemn all Christians for the actions of some? Most gays do not have HIV, and the only reason they as a population contracted it in large numbers, is because they did not engage in safe sex often back in the 80s before AIDS was ever known of. As a result, many of them kept getting sick and didn't know why.

Quote:
And it appers to me you don't care about that. The reality is, if people had followed the techings of the Bible which you do not believe in. Millions of people would be alive today. And that is the reality.
Really? Christians followed the commands of the Bible and we ended up with the Crusades, Inquisition, Witch Burning,the Dark Ages, Segregation, Slavery, women being property, condemnation of Jews, etc. etc.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Views like yours are the reason I refuse to call myself "Christian".

As Ghandi said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ."

Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
A true Christian will confess his sin before God. He will not join some action group to support his wrong doing. And what fruits of mine are you speaking about?
Hatred, self-righteousness, ignorance, bearing false witness, false prophecy, just to name a few.

Jesus chasisted the self-righteous religious conservatives of his day constantly. He didn't say a word to any gay people.

Perhaps you should relfect on the meaning of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality