Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:46 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Hmmm . . . I gave an opinion on the topic and the forum. You choose to start with personal insults. Great behavior for a moderator. Well done . . .
You said "It is sickening to see such evil, heathen mentality permeating this forum. I havent left yet, but if it keeps going this direction, I will."

I would say that's very judgemental and insulting to those of us participating in this "evil" and "heathen" discussion. I suspect many would agree.

If you find that your polarizing and caustic comments are being critiqued, well, perhaps you should learn some diplomacy.

I don't see how in the world you could possibly think my post was insulting--rather, it was reactionary to your post, which was insulting.

Brittz--there was a song that came out in the 1980's by a Christian singer (Steve Camp, I think). I have always tried to apply it to my life.

The chorus, in part, says "Don't tell them Jesus loves them 'till you're ready to love them too".

I apologize if I angered you. Please endeavor to have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
That is NOT what I was responding to. Your comment has NO relevance to my response.
I think it is relevant, but I understand some people want the world to be "all natural". I'm not one of them. I believe we have scientific advances to make the world a better place, and if someone wants to do something non-life-threatening to their body, as long as it doesn't consume their life, then so be it.

The article and the hoax might be tabloidism, the issue is not IMHO.

In regard to brittz, I thought one of the forum rules was not to post something to the effect "I'm leaving this forum unless xxxxx"

Old 07-24-2007, 03:26 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post

In regard to brittz, I thought one of the forum rules was not to post something to the effect "I'm leaving this forum unless xxxxx"
You are not allowed to create threads or posts that say I'm leaving, nice knowing you blah, blah, blah. My take was the Brittz was saying the didn't like the direction this forum may be headed and he may bow out of this forum.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 PM

219 posts, read 718,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've never heard of this but it can't be real. Men don't have a womb or the physical ability to have a child. Is this just some kind of hoax?
It's not exactly a hoax. It's an art project using the internet as a medium.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Womb of His Own

Old 07-24-2007, 05:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Exactly! I will hold to my contention that discussions being reduced to whether or not God is in favor of male pregancies is beyond sad and shows where this country is headed. I dont know. I think we are a very very sick society. My professor said in a discussion yesterday that it is unfeasable and unrealistic to expect students who graduate from the public school systems of this country to be able to speak English. then I come here and the discussion is whether of not males can/should get pregnant and what God thinks of it. Where is this country headed?
I have to agree with Britzz..This is advertised as a religion forum. If I was seeking knowledge and the comfort of other believers, and fell across this thread? Well, lets just hope that if that happened this evening that the seeker came across one of our other threads Britzz has been a great addition in the past.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM

267 posts, read 533,647 times
*watching* And it won't let me give positive rep points to any of you. *hands out IOU's* seems this has gone off onto three tangents

1. Whether or not men are babies and can handle it
2. The disintegrating moral values of society.
3. A battle of logic.

I shall just watch and note that I do not like being called a heathen, and if you think it's so ridiculous you shouldn't comment perhaps you...shouldn't comment maybe? I'm not too happy with tangent no. 2, but thank you to all who took the time to share your honest opinions respectfully.

*slinks back into the shadows*

Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
*watching* And it won't let me give positive rep points to any of you. *hands out IOU's* seems this has gone off onto three tangents

1. Whether or not men are babies and can handle it
2. The disintegrating moral values of society.
3. A battle of logic.

I shall just watch and note that I do not like being called a heathen, and if you think it's so ridiculous you shouldn't comment perhaps you...shouldn't comment maybe? I'm not too happy with tangent no. 2, but thank you to all who took the time to share your honest opinions respectfully.

*slinks back into the shadows*
Technically, I think the term is "lurking" Virote. Lurking is not a bad thing, just someone who hangs back and just reads the posts.

I'm with you on #2, and despite the obvious culture shock, how a man having a baby is "immoral" is beyond me. This deviation of roles for men and women perpetrated by people's interpretation of the bible are a real mind-bender for me. Still scratching my head on that one.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:38 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post

I'm with you on #2, and despite the obvious culture shock, how a man having a baby is "immoral" is beyond me. This deviation of roles for men and women perpetrated by people's interpretation of the bible are a real mind-bender for me. Still scratching my head on that one.
Who specifically said it was immoral?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Who specifically said it was immoral?
brittZ, at least twice in this thread and once in the newly created thread.

Oops, he didn't say "immoral", he used the terms: evil, heathen, sick, sad, "shows where this country is headed", abhorrent to the Christian faith, "against God's entire design for people". There was no use of the word "immoral", so I apologize brittZ.

I didn't say he was a bad person for saying those things, it just leaves me scratching my head.

Last edited by magellan; 07-25-2007 at 12:01 PM..

Old 07-19-2008, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 13,485 times
Default Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I can understand how you feel about this. I really do. I have been around a long time and have known many couple that not having children has been a real burden. It is especially bad if one of the couple blames the other for the problem. It's a tricky situation. Most manage to have a good marriage in spite of it. Others can't handle it and the marriage ends in divorce.

Here's one of my thoughts.....some people have babies because they love children and the child is an expression of their love for each other.
And there's the other kind of people that have children because deep down inside, they need to prove that they are female, or male, and not having children makes them feel less of a being.

The urge to bear children is very, very strong, but it doesn't insure them being a good parent. The same can be said for children conceived naturally, of course. If they just truly want children, they could adopt. It's that wanting of only the genetic child that, to me, seems somewhat peculiar. It's something that I can't relate to. But then, I guess those people that desire ONLY their own blood line, don't understand why I feel the way I do either.

It's just that it's an unnatural way to conceive, especially if there is a surrogate mother involved. I can't bring myself to think that's it's a good idea, no matter how badly the mother wants to give birth.
You must be joking. Child abusing creeps can naturally conceive, does that make them better off than women that want to actually feel a child grow inside them. That is an experience you cannot possibly understand, and the fact that you would want to take that away from someone else because it's "unnatural" is completely ridiculous. My best friend has one child "naturally" but due to an injury can no longer conceive without invitro. You have the audacity to claim that there must be something "wrong" with her for wanting another child, that has her eyes and her husbands ears? It's always someone who has children easily, doesn't have problems with addiction, wasn't born (thankfully) with birth defects, etc...that love to JUDGE and ridicule others for whatever trials and tribulations they must undergo in their lives to reach greater happiness. You should be ashamed of yourself. Facist.

Last edited by shksprsys; 07-19-2008 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: 2 more cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality