Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
See jimmiej? Campo agrees with me.
RAFIUS, Could you please tell us how we agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 02:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
RAFIUS, Could you please tell us how we agree?
I say that, according to the Bible, Biblegod's laws still exist and that the Jesus character did not abolish them.

You agree here.
Quote:
Are you saying because we are now living in the 21st century that God's Laws nolonger apply?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
a·bol·ish/əˈbäliSH/

Verb: Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)

Your man-god categorically stated that he had NOT come to abolish (put an end to) the laws.
Yes, but He satisfied the requirement, so why do I need to attempt something I can't do anyways?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Of course if you don't believe the Bible. Naturally you would not believe it's commands. And thus living a pure life before God would be of little importance.

Tom you broke the code, the bible is nonsense, and more importantly it is recognized as nonsense, thus trying to please the lead character is of no importance at all, for the very simple reason it has no effect at all.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I don't really care what any nauseating god-thing has to say. The function of every living on Earth is to procreate. It has no other function. Species even evolved to procreate more efficiently. Homosexuality is anathema to life itself and so wholly contradictory. There's no prohibition in the bible against rednecks, but I dislike them all the same. I don't like NASCAR either. Or baseball, or people who like NASCAR or baseball.
Bees.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:23 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Are you saying because we are now living in the 21st century that God's Laws nolonger apply? And I keep zooming in to focus on males having sex with each other, because I refuse to ignore what is being said here. The entire context does not negate the reality of Romans 1:26,27. And again, you have ignored my question. If men having sex with other men is ok. Why does your translation tell us such behavior is unseemly, and in error? The link is about religious people and homosexuals. I'm not obsessed with sex. I'm obsessed with Biblical truth. And it appers to me you are only obsessed at trying to deny what Scripture so clearly states. Jesus Christ fully supported the Old Testament law. And in that law it states, that if a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. What part of detestable don't you understand?
What part of idolatrous worship of other gods do you not understand?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I say that, according to the Bible, Biblegod's laws still exist and that the Jesus character did not abolish them.
And you are correct. They still exist...to reveal sin. Without the Law, there would be no sin. That's not the issue.

The issue is, must I keep the Law to be made right with God? Clearly, not. That was never the purpose of the Law. No one has ever been made righteous by keeping the Law.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times
Quote:
Jesus is pictured with long hair. So what does an artist belief have to do with the Bible?

And you did not answer my question Jaymax. Can you show us the correct Biblical translation for Romans 1:26-27? Or is that going to be a problem for you?
Paul used the words malakoi and arsenokoitai, which dot refer to homosexuality at all but rather male temple prostitutes. If he had intended to refer to homosexuals, he would have used the word "paiderasste." That was the standard Greek term at the time for sexual behavior between males.

Paul's use of the words malakoi and arsenokoitai (http://fogarty.org/tim/gay_issues/word_arsenokoitai.html - broken link)
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibc1.htm
Welcome to Adobe GoLive 5
What did Paul mean when he used the Greek word arsenokoitai?

"That arsenos koiten refers to shrine prostitution is 2000 years old. It was a Jewish belief with which the Apostle Paul was familiar because Paul coins a new word using the Greek words of Leviticus 20:13. Believing that Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 refers to shrine prostitution is not a modern belief invented by gays to alibi their "sin."

* "Dr. Gordon Fee, recognized conservative heterosexual Greek scholar, points out that arsenokoites is rarely used in Greek literature, "especially when describing homosexual activity."
-The New International Commentary on the New Testament, The First Epistle To The Corinthians, Eerdmans, 1987, Dr. Gordon D. Fee, p. 244.

* "Arsenokoitai is never used in any extant Greek text from AD 57 to AD 1450, to refer to two men or two women in committed partnership, so it is highly unlikely that Paul would have used arsenokoitai with that meaning, which would have baffled his first century readers."

Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And you are correct. They still exist...to reveal sin. Without the Law, there would be no sin. That's not the issue.

The issue is, must I keep the Law to be made right with God? Clearly, not. That was never the purpose of the Law. No one has ever been made righteous by keeping the Law.
Um,Enoch and Elijah might disagree with that.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Um,Enoch and Elijah might disagree with that.
How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality