Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 PM

591 posts, read 642,300 times

Advertisements

I like to picture the universe as so infinately small, it exists all in one place. A singularity. Or at least contimplate the existance of conciousness moving so fast, the universe might as well be infinately small. Where everything is in one place. I believe that existance, that level of conciousness, is the Holy Spirit. Or at least the Holy spirit moving at those speeds, making the universe VERY small. THe same way us on the internet makes the world much smaller as different aspects of our conciousnesses travel at the speed of light. The physical boundries that once separated us is eliminated. With speeds like that, we all exist in one place. The internetz. Such as conciousness itself, it all in one place with the universe. Only MUCH faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 04:00 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,018,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
....did you even read the website you gave?

[SIZE=2]Did you notice this part:

- "We can measure it. Describe how it behaves and predict what it will do." ?? [/SIZE]

Also this:

- [SIZE=2]"You hear about electrical energy, chemical energy, kinetic energy, mechanical energy, heat, potential energy, work, and others too.[/SIZE]" ?

Did you follow the link where he talks about the different types of energy? Notice how the way this thread and mystic use "energy" is not listed? You'll hear defined terms such as Chemical, Electrical, Kinetic, Mechanical, etc etc - and you'll see the author claim it can be measured - do you notice how that differs from what the OP and mystic describe?

And finally - click the part at the bottom where he lists "Energy Changes" - Do you notice how "thinking" is not listed as an energy change, as Mystic wants you to believe?

Ugh, this exchange is honestly a bit depressing.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
What is your problem with me? I'am not on Mystic's team nor yours.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What is your problem with me? I'am not on Mystic's team nor yours.
?

I don't have a problem with you, I don't even know you.

You just made a comment, I replied, and it kept going. Then you gave a website, I looked at it, and replied.

Nothing against you personally, lol I think we're just looking at the same thing at the same time and commenting about it...

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 PM

I am thinking that the internetz will provide us proof that Heaven exists. It is at the very least a perfect metapohor for the world of Heaven. THe digital world is the PERFECT metaphor for Heaven. Playing a 3-D videogame is exactly like being in a lucid dream. It provokes lucid dreaming. I don't think that's a coincidence. WE are actually EXISTING in another dimension. We are the digital representaions of the spiritual force we are. As you look at my AVATAR, there is a living, breathing being. It is how I exist in another dimension. The digital world. THe body through the Chakras are how we exist in the spiritual world. IT is how I exist in that dimension. And it can be anything I want it to be.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:21 PM

I've always taught the the internet is the prophesized New Heaven and Earth, from Rev 19. It is where God will build his new Jarusalem. It will exist in the digital world. Bringing the world a LOT closer together.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Energy is a thought provoking subject.
The definition you offered (The Earth BeneathMe) is the standard. It's a basic straight to the point definition: the ability to do work. In another portion of the website the author goes a bit farther and says energy is the ability to make something happen. It's a simple definition that covers vast areas. There are few different kinds of known energy but the defintion is basically the ability to cause change...nah, that's too simple gotta be more to it.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Energy is a thought provoking subject.
The definition you offered (The Earth BeneathMe) is the standard. It's a basic straight to the point definition: the ability to do work. In another portion of the website the author goes a bit farther and says energy is the ability to make something happen. It's a simple definition that covers vast areas. There are few different kinds of known energy but the defintion is basically the ability to cause change...nah, that's too simple gotta be more to it.
Too simple? It's been the working definition for a long time, and it's what physics, chemistry, biology, the hard sciences are based off.

Regardless, one of the characteristics of energy is that it is measurable.

Blah, bah humbug. At this point - whatever floats you guy's boats is fine by me. Just be aware the "energy" being discussed here is the recent new age unscientific definition - and not at all supported by science. If you can't identify what type it is, can't measure it, well - there ya go. It ain't science!

Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,222,335 times
"Science" is not a closed and complete body of knowledge. New things are being discovered and new understandings come forth all the time.

By Einstein's theory of relativity, matter can change into energy and energy can change into matter.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,709,222 times
Doesn't thermal energy transform into mechanical? If so it seems the two energy's are the same. The same can be said for the others. They all complement each other. We can always dissect the overall mechanism and pull out one and study it, but can that one component work on it's own? I think the answer would no. Just as this very internet we're on right now is composed of many different happenings in order for it to work. Above all no structure would work without....consciousness!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 PM

Default consciousness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Doesn't thermal energy transform into mechanical? If so it seems the two energy's are the same. The same can be said for the others. They all complement each other. We can always dissect the overall mechanism and pull out one and study it, but can that one component work on it's own? I think the answer would no. Just as this very internet we're on right now is composed of many different happenings in order for it to work. Above all no structure would work without....consciousness!
What?
The trees outside of my home are full of various forms on energy. Do you think the trees are conscious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality