Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 12:21 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,044,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
So, am I to take from this that God can just snap his celestial digit and create the entire universe but he makes his greatest creation dumber than a doorknob who takes 3,000 years to figure out the most basics principles of molecular biology?

Actually it isn't good enough and hasn't been good enough for men/women of any faith for as long as mankind has been known to inquire about ourselves, and our surroundings. Much of the foundational work that led Darwin to his conclusions was based upon the research of such pious men as Jean-Baptiste Lamarck Gregor Mendel, and Bishop Nicolas Steno. Most major denominations have found no contradiction between the Theory of Evolution and the principles of their faith. Only those stuck in ignorance, and shrouded in superstition cling to literal reading of genesis.
I'm sorry but it is a fallacy of argument to appeal to humans to try to prop up or prove the unprovable such as evolution. It is also a fallacy of argument to use the bandwagon fallacy and its aliases:
  • Appeal to Popularity
  • Argument by Consensus
  • Argumentum ad Populum
  • Authority of the Many
His greatest creation was not originally dumber than a doorknob. Adam was a genius.
You also don't know if just present day man knew about molecular biology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:29 PM

23,182 posts, read 26,335,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
. Adam was a genius.

Pure genius....suckered in by a snake and a female.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:31 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,621,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post

From a biblical perspective, do we know where Eve lived? Because the flood was so destructive, no one knows where the Garden of Eden was.4 However, Noah’s three daughters-in-law, who lived only a dozen or so generations after Eve, began raising their families near Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey—very near the common boundary of Asia, Africa, and Europe. (Each of us can claim one of Noah’s daughters-in-law as our ever-so-great grandmother.) So it is not surprising that Asia, Africa, and Europe are candidate homes for mitochondrial Eve.

A 1995 study of a worldwide sample of 38 men showed no changes in this segment of the Y chromosome that is always inherited from fathers. Had humans evolved and all men descended from one male who lived 500,000 years ago, each should carry about 19 mutations. Had he lived 150,000 years ago, 5.5 mutations would be expected.11 Because no changes were found, our common father probably lived only thousands of years ago. While Adam was father of all, our most recent common male ancestor was Noah.

First of where is the biased link that goes along with this info? Secondly, Biblically the world is only some 2,000 years old.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,679,437 times
Quote:
It is not a matter of it being revolting. If God had brought humanity into existence via evolution He was not bankrupt for words to tell us. Since He did tell us He didn't use evolution, then I'll stick with His side of the story.
he didn't give you a side of the story.

be that as it may. I say your god did give us the story in words anybody can understand. "pictures are worth a thousand words" pictures, because he is smart. Besides, Why wouldn't a logical loving god give you a "how to be a nicer human" in one book and give us other books to know things like "how to cook" and still others in "how do math"?

And my personal favorite god book "how god made humans" in the rock record book. The only book written in stone by god himself.

you still didn't answer why you don't need evolution. I mean your answer isn't even a answer. "because it would be in there." what kind of answer is that?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

be that as it may. I say your god did give us the story in words anybody can understand. "pictures are worth a thousand words" pictures, because he is smart. Besides, Why wouldn't a logical loving god give you a "how to be a nicer human" in one book and give us other books to know things like "how to cook" and still others in "how do math"?

And my personal favorite god book "how god made humans" in the rock record book. The only book written in stone by god himself.

you still didn't answer why you don't need evolution. I mean your answer isn't even a answer. "because it would be in there." what kind of answer is that?
Sorry I have to disagree with you. I can't make myself any clearer. The rock record does not record evolution. All the differing layers of sediment were laid down in Noah's flood. This has been proven in the laboratory.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So would Einstein have done so.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,339,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
So, am I to take from this that God can just snap his celestial digit and create the entire universe but he makes his greatest creation dumber than a doorknob who takes 3,000 years to figure out the most basics principles of molecular biology?

Actually it isn't good enough and hasn't been good enough for men/women of any faith for as long as mankind has been known to inquire about ourselves, and our surroundings. Much of the foundational work that led Darwin to his conclusions was based upon the research of such pious men as Jean-Baptiste Lamarck Gregor Mendel, and Bishop Nicolas Steno. Most major denominations have found no contradiction between the Theory of Evolution and the principles of their faith. Only those stuck in ignorance, and shrouded in superstition cling to literal reading of genesis.
Good post.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,368,006 times
Quote:
His greatest creation was not originally dumber than a doorknob. Adam was a genius.
To borrow from the syntax of Bigman's grandmother, "If Adam was such a genius... why did he get kicked out of such a garden?"

Old 05-19-2015, 04:25 PM

1,422 posts, read 957,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
that was a low blow...! Don't forget this:

“The woman YOU put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” No one is a true 'genius' if so easily suckered by a G()D.

The guy was a true A-hole in some ways, a D-head in others, and pretty average in most...sounds purely human to me...forgivable enough...

Old 05-19-2015, 04:30 PM

1,422 posts, read 957,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

Quote:
Sorry I have to disagree with you. I can't make myself any clearer. The rock record does not record evolution. All the differing layers of sediment were laid down in Noah's flood. This has been proven in the laboratory.
Proven in a laboratory? This I have to see.

Spoiler
So show me the evidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality