Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

We hear a lot of talk about " Spirits" and things of the like, but just what is a Spirit? And for that matter, a " Spirit Being?" I think a Spirit is a " Consciousness without a body." Spirit is consciousness, life without a human form. Real life, the kind which cannot evolve from nothing. I believe every human has a " Spirit in them", which is consciousness, not to be confused with their body. Two entirely different things, our body just carrys our Spirit ( or consciousness) around, like a vehicle. The human body is the " Temple of the Spirit", it contains it.

A Spirit then is conscious life, it cannot be seen, cannot be located within a single area, and has no body itself, so it would be contridiction to say" Spirit Body", a Spirit is more like " A Ghost." I think this Spirit is the real life in humans, its battery, its true source of energectic thought; the governer of our behavior; the orgin of our emotions; the real backround of our intelligence; and I think this Spirit is a part of God himself, its the closest thing we have to him, and the most powerful witness of his reality.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 AM

When a human dies, or even an animal, ( because even animal life is a type of spirit, just unconscious spirit) the spirit is gone, so the body dies. So the Spirit is very important to life, even physical life. I think its possible to substain a physical body- alive- even if the spirit has left, with the help of technology, but only until the plug is pulled, there is no consciousness there.

Spirit then, is an ample evidence of God, its his world, his existence, his consitution, his fingerprint, his essence, its really him; a real part of him, its how he creates. Its our key to life.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
When a human dies, or even an animal, ( because even animal life is a type of spirit, just unconscious spirit) the spirit is gone, so the body dies. So the Spirit is very important to life, even physical life. I think its possible to substain a physical body- alive- even if the spirit has left, with the help of technology, but only until the plug is pulled, there is no consciousness there.

Spirit then, is an ample evidence of God, its his world, his existence, his consitution, his fingerprint, his essence, its really him; a real part of him, its how he creates. Its our key to life.

Spirit could be ample evidence of god if there were any evidence of spirit.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

Actually the spirit is still there willing. A spirit/energy cannot die (unlesss something greater says so) the vehicles are what give out. Death for now is like the ultimate expressive aphasia but as science progresses I think this will change things, for some.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
I my opinion, Spirit is the only thing that does exist, everything else is a manifestion of that spirit, from the minerals to the highest form of life, all is spirit. It is something that we can not seperate from, some my call this "God" but for me, it is what it is and has always been so.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post

Well thats what makes this subject so difficult, we cannot see Spirit, but we can feel it. We cannot see magnetism, but we can see its results. We cannot see Love, but we can see what it causes. We cannot see air, but we can know that we breathe it into ourselves. Seeing would be evidence, but just because we cannot see something, in no way means that it does not exist.

So we cannot see wind, so we must look to other ways to determine the evidence of its existence, such as leaves being blown, trees shaking, and we can actually feel wind on our skin. So it is with " Spirit", we cannot see it physically, but that does not mean it does not exist, or there is no evidence of it, we must use other means. We can " Feel Spirit", just like we can feel wind. We feel Spirit with our consciousness, its the " Spirit bearing witness of itself", because Spirit is Consciousness. We can talk to ourselves within our own minds without even verbally speaking a word, this is " Spirit communication", and confirmation, something is there; within you, and its not physical, and needs no physical communication.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Actually the spirit is still there willing. A spirit/energy cannot die (unlesss something greater says so) the vehicles are what give out. Death for now is like the ultimate expressive aphasia but as science progresses I think this will change things, for some.

I don't think the Spirit can die either, unless, as you stated, something greater than it decrees it to. The vechicles give out, as I think all matter is destined to. So in matters of " Spirit", a " Spirit world" must exist, that something " Greater than." And that " Greater than Spirit world", is what I believe spawned the physical world, or started it, created it, birthed it.

Although I don't understand it, a Spirit cannot die, thus a Spirit world cannot die, which conversely means its a far greater level of life ( or consciousness) than we know. I think all conscious life, ( or all Spirits) have been birthed, or created by God, one or the other of two ways he seems to have done this. God can either birth a life, simular to human women giving birth, meaning it comes out of him, or he can literally create it from outside of him.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
That's what got me started. I was presented with evidence that could not be explained scientifically.

Happened at the Golden Gate Spritiualist church in San Francisco. That was the first time. Then other times in other places.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I my opinion, Spirit is the only thing that does exist, everything else is a manifestion of that spirit, from the minerals to the highest form of life, all is spirit. It is something that we can not seperate from, some my call this "God" but for me, it is what it is and has always been so.

Well I differ in view, its obvious that physical things exist. Matter exist, and these things are not " Spirit things." A mountian or a tree has no spirit, unless you get into some native american indian beliefs. I would agree that everything is a manifestation of Gods creating Spirit, I would agree there, but all physical things are not an illusion. It certainly would be something if that were true, that all physical things were an elaborate illusion.

But I think when humans are exposed to " Other Spirits", illusion is most defintely part of the result.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:30 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
But there is plenty of evidence
http://www.drinksmart.com/galleries/...0-%20small.jpg
And it is sometimes a heavenly thing and sometimes a devilish thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality