Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM

912 posts, read 826,832 times

Advertisements

If there is an afterlife, will there be big boats, huge ocean front homes , and pretty beach girls to
create a sense of required greed?

If not, the bully in the selfish one is done and not required.

All thats left is the YOU which the bully or the "i" in existence protected out of fear. No one is perfect, theres always a little dismay shared in felt fear. Everyone has a little dismay or bullying to share

That is what in fact selfishness is. Ask any school teacher confronted with a bully, they will say must be a bully experience somewhere in order to substantiate the shared bully experience.

You gotta breakdown this sin-selfishness first before tossing out all kinds of justifiable and outdated war time consequence. Man can do better than that..

Even in life a greedy slob is hard to recognize for anything ...even if recieving a peony gift from them...what the heck makes people think the greedy nature or portion of the individual will be recognized in a dimension supposedly superior to this role of the dice..? for anything let alone
the recognition of potencial re bending...thats right...rebending under forced circumstance produce's a forced renovation of a bully....still the same guy...no doubt about it (this is in attention to the often heard short vacation in the lake of fires to fix the culprit...fix him good
we'll show him....oh brother...again ...illogical...not allowed

If a spirit within leaves the body, thats all that leaves....no material , fear, boats, cars,control freak required. The biological self is no longer a deal. The spirit or hope-sharing-goodness is all that can be left, the true self...it is illogical to suggest otherwise.

The development and growth of the inner self is nurtured by living in a reasonably moderate sharing way. We know this...it is a fact. This growth and development expands the measure of inner self in a person.
You can see it in people......that is the only possible reality that can escape...it is not material.

It can only be this acquired measure ...it cannot be the manager of the inner self. The "I"
is the manager, of the inner you.The "I'...and the inner self , have the same interconnecting significance as the "I" and the abstract social expectation re survival ect...its as obvious as pie in the existinkel.

the good and reasonably moderate atheist and the good and reasonably moderate theist are both the same person....different colors.....no such thing as anything worthwhile without different colors in the vaise of good wonder...Ive got some ideas which excel in every way quite a bit of nonsense on this creation buisness....this is not the place though...maybe later

Last edited by Blue Hue; 10-04-2011 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default killyourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
There is no such thing as a soul.
If this were merely a material universe and man only a machine, such a man would be wholly unable to recognize himself as such a machine, and likewise would such a machine-man be wholly unconscious of the fact of the existence of such a material universe. The materialistic dismay and despair of a mechanistic science has failed to recognize the fact of the spirit-indwelt mind of the scientist whose very supermaterial insight formulates these mistaken and self-contradictory concepts of a materialistic universe. Seems like alot of ppl are bent on their destruction.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
If this were merely a material universe and man only a machine, such a man would be wholly unable to recognize himself as such a machine, and likewise would such a machine-man be wholly unconscious of the fact of the existence of such a material universe. The materialistic dismay and despair of a mechanistic science has failed to recognize the fact of the spirit-indwelt mind of the scientist whose very supermaterial insight formulates these mistaken and self-contradictory concepts of a materialistic universe. Seems like alot of ppl are bent on their destruction.
..If you had a beautiful daughter and worked with a bunch of mental case's
....would you let the workers know you had a beautiful daughter..?

this is the approach behind denying the inner beauty of self to the social and sometimes even to self out of it or other....experience can demand many things at many different levels..including time oriented themes....protection is huge in the human mind set...opinion
(relax...

Last edited by Blue Hue; 10-05-2011 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 PM

78 posts, read 291,631 times
Smile This is getting good in discussion from randy boyer

See I'll tell you all about me I was once a selfish, crazy, diversive, unintelligent, and simple person. My life has changed throughout time I was brought up poor & a little still poor but I love to read a whole lot. I am religious because my views on religion are sceptic but I don't obsessively doubt a creator. I think religion is a way to disipline yourself as well as get to know the unseen and to hope "though life is short." that their is a light at the end of the tunnel. I admire religion because it has made me stronger and more confident on the unknown. I am not entirely religious because I don't care what religion you are because I have studied all religions dead & alive and they all share a common purpose.

That in the universe life is sustained by love, copperation and careing. In todays world all we care about is ourselves so that the next day will "go my way" I know how our world works in which most people seriously don't have a set of beliefs. They just wander around in dis-content or wierryness. See I use to be a doubter myself and religion isn't about your soul if you go to heaven or hell. It's about learning discipline and to correct ourselves from mistakes and that the god/gods can provide that meaning in life and strengthen it. We as humans live in a age of confusion to which we as humans are decieved by many.

As I can say the greatest threat from the un-godly is making us not believe in any type of god. Our ancestors where god fearing individuals in which some if many claimed to have seen, heard and touched god. If you want to touch god just believe he might not always reply but god works in mysterious ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Battle for the souls of mankind?-ancient-discoveries-s01-robots.jpg  

Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
See I'll tell you all about me I was once a selfish, crazy, diversive, unintelligent, and simple person. My life has changed throughout time I was brought up poor & a little still poor but I love to read a whole lot. I am religious because my views on religion are sceptic but I don't obsessively doubt a creator. I think religion is a way to disipline yourself as well as get to know the unseen and to hope "though life is short." that their is a light at the end of the tunnel. I admire religion because it has made me stronger and more confident on the unknown. I am not entirely religious because I don't care what religion you are because I have studied all religions dead & alive and they all share a common purpose.

That in the universe life is sustained by love, copperation and careing. In todays world all we care about is ourselves so that the next day will "go my way" I know how our world works in which most people seriously don't have a set of beliefs. They just wander around in dis-content or wierryness. See I use to be a doubter myself and religion isn't about your soul if you go to heaven or hell. It's about learning discipline and to correct ourselves from mistakes and that the god/gods can provide that meaning in life and strengthen it. We as humans live in a age of confusion to which we as humans are decieved by many.

As I can say the greatest threat from the un-godly is making us not believe in any type of god. Our ancestors where god fearing individuals in which some if many claimed to have seen, heard and touched god. If you want to touch god just believe he might not always reply but god works in mysterious ways.
great entry...I never worry at all about the judging heaven or hell either....not in the least...I figure and always have, hey I'm doing the best I can here .... goof up try somewhat to improve, will continue to goof up somewhere, and if thats not good enough well then, thats how it goes.
if it came to be that some kind of H existed in the afterlife I will say...
you know, I think I will take a rain check on the pearly gates and settle for dust in the wind....all it would be is mimiking another earth in the clouds.

I have a hunch that this god is impervious to negative things and only recieves the peaceful manner...like the old sun god, always shining and hitting everything....it doesn't seem rational that a god could actually comprehend the calamitys ect on earth..what would or could a god use in experience to relate it to....nothing...for example a little perfect kid could not relate to the mindset and intention of the holocost...the toddler just could not understand the hatred due to non-relating ability...point being maybe all reaching is heard, and the realness is in the escape from the
cool shade rather than a new motorcycle or endless perfect health.

if man lived to be 200 and had a life full of fun filled times, man would still be wondering and claiming back and forth....god....no god..nothing wrong with that , just remarking on the nature of need

Last edited by Blue Hue; 10-05-2011 at 10:54 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
I am well known with the ancient faiths. I am well know with all religions as well as the concepts to which religions live by. most people have never read any of these ancient scriptures read one of them it might make you a little interesting for once. Im not forcing you to believe but i am forcing you to think......
excuse me for asking but...is English a second language for you?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:20 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
are you kinda satanic pal? I think your prefernces are hurtful to peoples faith as a firm bible believer I think joking on someones faith is pure evil. I can say that I'd rather like you to believe in some type of god than to be an atheistic-agnostic-paranoid-sceptic. I hate atheists with a passion I know you believe in reason but when everything is taken away from you including your love, livelyhood, and knowledge all you have is what? Your damn faith. I know I use to be a a** hole like you but now i'm a firm believer in god now try to believe I was lost at one time now try to find the the light friend.
Dang!!!!!! You sound a whole lot like a large number of christians I know, religious rants are but only one of the reasons I quit believing, mostly I left the church at 14 because I felt the tenets were downright ludicrous. Your english grammar could use a little work too.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You entitled this response to me with the instructions to "Kill yourself".

I think this qualifies you as a sociopath that we should all ignore. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Buh bye now.
Whats the difference between me saying kill yourself and you being spritually bankrupt. At the end of the day thats what you are doing. Its like smoking cigarettes. You dont believe in the soul so why live for tomorrow? You see YOU being a pessimist of the most pessimistic materialist is, in and of itself, sufficient proof that the universe of the pessimist is not wholly material. Both optimism and pessimism are concept reactions in a mind conscious of values as well as of facts. If the universe were truly what the materialist regards it to be, man as a human machine would then be devoid of all conscious recognition of that very fact. Without the consciousness of the concept of values within the spirit-born mind, the fact of universe materialism and the mechanistic phenomena of universe operation would be wholly unrecognized by man. One machine cannot be conscious of the nature or value of another machine. So again how do you think you find it wrong for me to tell you to "kill yourself" in the first place. A soul-less being as yourself should find no right or wrong in that statement at all right?

Last edited by boreatwork; 10-06-2011 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 AM

78 posts, read 291,631 times
Smile Well I can speak three languages

Arabic (masri) egyptian
english
coptic(language is almost dead like latin)
I am how can I say.......pretty well at interpretations
(masri)
Ahlan wa sahlan (hello)
ahlan biki (reply to hello)
marjew (present here)
kafaalek(how are you?)
il-hamdilla(great or fine)
inta tariiqee (how was school?)

(coptic)
Sayamam kajari(hello)
samak shara(reply to hello)
madhav shaja(im here)
taleesa sakab (how are you)
hadhama fala (great)
wama shajaesa tarama (how was your studies?)
fateeshkha ghawasee(thank you so much)
ethroma kadiha(bring peace)

english is practically my real first language i am just how can I say a fast learner especailly when I get to learn about new things the world is deep and full of mysteries in which their are more possibilities than actual facts......

Last edited by moloch123; 10-06-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality