Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Hey everyone, thank you for all the well wishes. I finally home and should recover fine with some PT. Some good and bad thing came from this. Obviously, the best part is my fiancés stalker is where he belongs(hospital and going to prison) He is being charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and B&E. We're pushing for the maximum sentence. Sadly, my fiancé is shaken up still and I have to take a week off from work without pay. My insurance will cover most of the costs and we are hoping out renters insurance will cover the rest. I will also be typing with the use of one hand, so forgive me if my posts are more jumbled then usual.

Just glad to hear you and your fiance are okay. I hope this dude gets everything he deserves....beyond what you already gave him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 07:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Hey everyone, thank you for all the well wishes. I finally home and should recover fine with some PT. Some good and bad thing came from this. Obviously, the best part is my fiancés stalker is where he belongs(hospital and going to prison) He is being charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and B&E. We're pushing for the maximum sentence. Sadly, my fiancé is shaken up still and I have to take a week off from work without pay. My insurance will cover most of the costs and we are hoping out renters insurance will cover the rest. I will also be typing with the use of one hand, so forgive me if my posts are more jumbled then usual.
Glad to see you back. Now let's see what we can disagree about.

Anyhow, glad to see you here again.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times
For those that want a play by play.

I got home about 2350. About 45min later, I was unwinding and reading in my office when I heard my cat hissing in the living room. I went to see why he was hissing, usually only does this when the vacuum is out or someone he doesn't like is in the apartment as he is a very good judge of character. I saw my fiancés stalker(later identified as) in the living room coming in our sliding door. That is when reflexes kicked in and I tried to gain control of him.

He stabbed my left hand as I tried to grab his arm. This is when I realized he was armed and the seriousness of the situation. I punched him(closed fist) in the jaw throwing him off balance. I didn't want him to get away so I blocked his path to the open door. He lunged at me stabbing me in my left shoulder, as I tackled him the ground. I managed to get the knife, and somehow sliced his right arm open.
While on the ground, using my good hand I threw a few blows to his ribs and clavicle, and once again to his jaw, knocking him unconscious. I turned him over and maintained a wrist lock while kneeling on him until the sheriffs arrived.

At first I thought I had killed him since he was limp and unresponsive. When medics arrived they said he was breathing faint but couldn't wake him up. We were both rushed to the hospital for our injuries.

I suffered two stab wounds and some bruising. He suffered and is still suffering from a laceration and minor fractures to his right arm, a dislocated/broken jaw, broken clavicle, two broken ribs, and a concussion. Not to mention the criminal charges. I was assured by the sheriff that my use of deadly force was justified. We are pressing charges for attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and B&E. We are hoping he gets a life sentence.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:30 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,824,559 times
Quote:

I got home about 2350. About 45min later, I was unwinding and reading in my office when I heard my cat hissing in the living room. I went to see why he was hissing, usually only does this when the vacuum is out or someone he doesn't like is in the apartment as he is a very good judge of character. I saw my fiancés stalker(later identified as) in the living room coming in our sliding door. That is when reflexes kicked in and I tried to gain control of him.

He stabbed my left hand as I tried to grab his arm. This is when I realized he was armed and the seriousness of the situation. I punched him(closed fist) in the jaw throwing him off balance. I didn't want him to get away so I blocked his path to the open door. He lunged at me stabbing me in my left shoulder, as I tackled him the ground. I managed to get the knife, and somehow sliced his right arm open.
While on the ground, using my good hand I threw a few blows to his ribs and clavicle, and once again to his jaw, knocking him unconscious. I turned him over and maintained a wrist lock while kneeling on him until the sheriffs arrived.

At first I thought I had killed him since he was limp and unresponsive. When medics arrived they said he was breathing faint but couldn't wake him up. We were both rushed to the hospital for our injuries.

I suffered two stab wounds and some bruising. He suffered and is still suffering from a laceration and minor fractures to his right arm, a dislocated/broken jaw, broken clavicle, two broken ribs, and a concussion. Not to mention the criminal charges. I was assured by the sheriff that my use of deadly force was justified. We are pressing charges for attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and B&E. We are hoping he gets a life sentence.
Wow, just wow!!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:31 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Raison, glad you are doing well. Sounds like the guy got what was coming to him. Hopefully, he will get the maximum sentence.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 PM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:

Glad you and your fiance are safe, raison . . . too many of these stalker situations turn deadly. Hope your recovery is swift.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times
We were worried this would happen. He was an old boyfriend turned friend. It all started when we got engaged. He kept texting her how he felt, hacked her facebook, email, computer, and phone. He went to school for computer or software engineering or something. We could never prove it was him. Even when he somehow got my phone number and started harassing me. We spent hundreds trying to secure everything again. We thought he had finally gotten the hint when I went to his work and confronted him and his supervisor. Now I have to check everything again to make sure. Hopefully we can pin the computer hacking on him as well.

I'm just glad my fiancé is safe and now the money I spent on all that training seems worth it. It also humbles me to know that even though most of us on this forum may have our differences of opinion that we still care about each other. Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words. Course this could just be the pain killers talking.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Please get well I am praying for a day when home invaders are served justice
It's way overdue

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-08-2011 at 09:09 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,976 times
Quote:
It also humbles me to know that even though most of us on this forum may have our differences of opinion that we still care about each other. Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words. Course this could just be the pain killers talking.
Most likely the painkillers.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,976 times
Quote:
It also humbles me to know that even though most of us on this forum may have our differences of opinion that we still care about each other. Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words. Course this could just be the pain killers talking.
Most likely the painkillers. Now, let's get on with those differences of opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality