Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
We were worried this would happen. He was an old boyfriend turned friend. It all started when we got engaged. He kept texting her how he felt, hacked her facebook, email, computer, and phone. He went to school for computer or software engineering or something. We could never prove it was him. Even when he somehow got my phone number and started harassing me. We spent hundreds trying to secure everything again. We thought he had finally gotten the hint when I went to his work and confronted him and his supervisor. Now I have to check everything again to make sure. Hopefully we can pin the computer hacking on him as well.

I'm just glad my fiancé is safe and now the money I spent on all that training seems worth it. It also humbles me to know that even though most of us on this forum may have our differences of opinion that we still care about each other. Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words. Course this could just be the pain killers talking.
Yeah, all that doesn't matter too much when real life happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times
Quote:
We were worried this would happen. He was an old boyfriend turned friend. It all started when we got engaged. He kept texting her how he felt, hacked her facebook, email, computer, and phone. He went to school for computer or software engineering or something. We could never prove it was him. Even when he somehow got my phone number and started harassing me. We spent hundreds trying to secure everything again. We thought he had finally gotten the hint when I went to his work and confronted him and his supervisor. Now I have to check everything again to make sure. Hopefully we can pin the computer hacking on him as well.

I'm just glad my fiancé is safe and now the money I spent on all that training seems worth it. It also humbles me to know that even though most of us on this forum may have our differences of opinion that we still care about each other. Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words. Course this could just be the pain killers talking.
Glad you're relatively okay. For some reason pain-killers never did much for me, but glad if they're helping you. As to whether it makes us sappier, who knows!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
I wish you well and will open a good beer in your honor Sir. Speedy recovery.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Course this could just be the pain killers talking.
Keep up with the pain killers. It will give me an edge if we get into a debate. If they are making you really sappy, see if you can get the doc to double the dosage and I might have a chance at winning the debate.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
What a miserable and scary ordeal....GLAD you are improving and
welcome back to ole CD, raison.....

gbh

[/quote][/quote]

Old 12-09-2011, 12:12 AM

912 posts, read 827,581 times
Well....when a person truly knows they have become a target for serious harm, it is a life changing experience. An experience that cannot in any way be imagined. So acute is the every manor of
existence... that mindful freedom from situation seems to be avoided until reached. You have reached raison_detre

Congratulations.... You all are free to be who you are.....Happy continuance, truly.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,047,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I hope he gave the crook worse! I'll always respect those who refuse to be victims and fight back, no matter how dangerous and questionable that logic may be.
My old teacher always taught me that when a human attacks another human, the attacker ceases to be a human and is more like an animal - so there's no shame in defending yourself, treating the person like a wild animal, even if you must cause harm to the attacker. That's one way in which certain people can justify their own violent defense of their loved ones, and themself.

Glad you're okay, Raison - sorry about the injury. Get well soon, and watch out for those painkillers - they can be the devil of a deal.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:43 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:

Nah, it's not just the painkillers.

I'm glad you are safe and got that training as well. I'm also glad to hear that charges have been pressed on the stalker.

May you heal well and stay safe.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
That is a horrible and terrifying experience and I'm sorry you had to go through it, Raison. I'm glad you came out "on top" and the prognosis is for a full recovery, though! I'm also glad this piece of garbage is off the streets.

Kudos to you for being trained for this situation.

Was the sliding door unlocked? Did he somehow have a key?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I have to say, I'm totally impressed! I like to imagine that if I was ever in a life threatening situation that I would rise to the challenge, find my strength and courage, and come out on top. However, I have a feeling that I would probably pee my pants and faint...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality