Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 01:47 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why must life have special meaning other than to reproduce? Life's meaning for us is the same as any other creature. It is just some people's massive egos that causes some to think we are somehow more important than other animals...We are not.

I disagree, humans are more important than animals, AND far more " Responsible!" If you are going to equate animals to humans, explain to me why they are not responsible for the things we are?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:01 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I disagree, humans are more important than animals, AND far more " Responsible!" If you are going to equate animals to humans, explain to me why they are not responsible for the things we are?
We ARE animals and are responsible for the same things all other animals are....To survive and reproduce...As a matter of fact we are the most violent animals on the face of this planet...What do you think humans are responsible for other than causing the death and extinction of other creatures?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We ARE animals and are responsible for the same things all other animals are....To survive and reproduce...As a matter of fact we are the most violent animals on the face of this planet...What do you think humans are responsible for other than causing the death and extinction of other creatures?

Animals are not responsible for education, or agriculture;

Nor are they responsible for;

The earths sanitation
Science
Religion
Peace on earth
Human population
Crime
The medical feild
Children
Government
Animals are not responsible for any of these things.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM

53 posts, read 45,270 times
The difference between animals and people is an ability for appreciation, allowing for an enhancement of appreciation by notice and able manipulation

Animals and plants can do nothing but, exist in compliance with order. Humans can do very little to exist outside of order, but they will try. They will try because they enjoy the process of appreciating the order in self existence and want to continue, against the biological consequence of disorder, within the order of molecular disorder.
This human complaint represents and substantiates fear. Fear then within a species creates an opportunity for intentionally, planned out, interference to order commonly known as theft. Theft is the irreducible foundation of all social degradation as it robs others of what is rightfully theirs.

The greater the complexity of a biological being, the greater the ability to rob what belongs to something else, including a very respectful regard for our little animal friends. I don't know how contemporary theists are going to answer to the ...those who harm the little one quote.( once explained

This all goes back to these ideas of a santa claus God . Relating our consciousness and appointing a human-like consciousness on origin creation makes no sense at all. In fact try this....remember or imagine the greatest embrace possible.....are you conscious? or is this just an experience which dislodges consciousness, giving in to order. Order in quest, order achieved, consciousness all gone and replaced with order. Laughing very aggressively, different but holding on to the idea here in evacuation of self awareness-consciousness. Gravity again, the very demonstration of the power of simplicity in a very short local of consequence...2+2=4 although requiring all that is needed, that being consequence to order. An occasion of consequence can only be possible, in concede to order. Simplicity is being ignored.
Animals belong to the organization of creation and can teach us many things if without fear in prejudice required for lack in self meaning. I would hardly think even a fly is participating in creation without a proper meaning which would be..outside..of human self gloating whatever....these things are not meant to be doormats for fear in meaning. They are our neighbors sharing in what ever this is. Its prob some kind of a breath from something completely inconceivable. This love thing and how its explained typically ect is for the little children. No body really knows whats going on, but my guess is that something is. If someone wants to argue....then they will need to tell exactly or close to some kind of understanding of what happens...in this paradise idea..it would be up for good questioning as there are a good list of dots that need to be joined qualifying the idea. Not to say I'm in argument to a realization in an after life at all... But see approaches with garble which happily leave out a full understanding and contradict any possible explanation to the after life idea, wouldn't even get to first base. So the target is happily misunderstood and left on the back burner with no real plan in explaining . Shaping an approach which is completely illogical from a philosophical approach and invites Granny Smith apple pie for a bribe.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-23-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Animals are not responsible for education, or agriculture;

Nor are they responsible for;

The earths sanitation
Science
Religion
Peace on earth
Human population
Crime
The medical feild
Children
Government
Animals are not responsible for any of these things.
A sillier response would be hard to imagine.

Earths sanitation? Don't you mean earths pollution?

Science is mostly for our benefit.

Religion...We'd be far better off without it.

Peace on earth....You have to be joking.

Crime is a man made concept.

Medical field...Part of our survival instinct.

Children? All animals reproduce.

Government is just an expansion of archaic social grouping that many other animals have.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM

The age of the universe itself is a proof of God, its some 14 billion years old. I believe it is impossible to create matter and energy through unexisting natural methods. To avoid infinite regression there must have been a first creation. I cannot see this current supermodel of the universe, somewhere back in a time of nothing, just bursting itself into reality from non-reality. The laws of science cannot support the notion that matter came from nothing through natural means; the finger just naturally points to a God.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
The age of the universe itself is a proof of God, its some 14 billion years old. I believe it is impossible to create matter and energy through unexisting natural methods. To avoid infinite regression there must have been a first creation. I cannot see this current supermodel of the universe, somewhere back in a time of nothing, just bursting itself into reality from non-reality. The laws of science cannot support the notion that matter came from nothing through natural means; the finger just naturally points to a God.
I will play the staunch atheist.

Even if there is some kind of a God...what evidence is there that this thing gives more then two pieces of baloney about humanity, how is humanity not a sophisticated fungus looking for a good strong tree for meaning?

If this is true, even if God is proven to exist and sits in the sky like the auroa
what is the advantage or whatever for mankind? I don't get it....even if your right, whats the outcome got to do with a person within, billions upon billions of people....where is the person who lived 12000 yrs ago...floating around somewhere, what for?

Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Ness View Post
I will play the staunch atheist.

Even if there is some kind of a God...what evidence is there that this thing gives more then two pieces of baloney about humanity, how is humanity not a sophisticated fungus looking for a good strong tree for meaning?

If this is true, even if God is proven to exist and sits in the sky like the auroa
what is the advantage or whatever for mankind? I don't get it....even if your right, whats the outcome got to do with a person within, billions upon billions of people....where is the person who lived 12000 yrs ago...floating around somewhere, what for?

This is why I like the biblical story, it puts human destiny far beyond anythingelse I am aware of. The advantage for humanity is to evolve into Gods dimension and live forever in his world; world without end. And this is the destiny of all of humanity, nobody is to be left out no matrter what they believe.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
This is why I like the biblical story, it puts human destiny far beyond anythingelse I am aware of. The advantage for humanity is to evolve into Gods dimension and live forever in his world; world without end. And this is the destiny of all of humanity, nobody is to be left out no matrter what they believe.
Ya but what you like would be consistent with what you want. What you want must somehow share common ground with what is reasonable, in order to anticipate potential in the finding.

Therefore, another notion may desire something else which is preferred and enjoy a different story. A story which may show substance allowing for a reasonable anticipation re outcome, in keeping with & equal to any common sense or proof put forward.

Therefore the approach is unhelpful because a person needs to be you, in order to follow along with your particular story.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-23-2012 at 06:37 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Ness View Post
Ya but what you like would be consistent with what you want. What you want must somehow share common ground with what is reasonable, in order to anticipate potential in the finding.

Therefore, another notion may desire something else which is preferred and enjoy a different story. A story which may show substance allowing for a reasonable anticipation re outcome, in keeping with & equal to any common sense or proof put forward.

Therefore the approach is unhelpful because a person needs to be you, in order to follow along with your particular story.

They don't have to be me to share in the same vision. I consider all my beliefs as reasonable and common sense. Whyelse would I not believe in them? It is common sense to me that God exist and there is far more to life than live and die and thats it. Life is too great, to not have a great purpose that surpasses just temporary physical chemical existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality