Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Woah! You castigate the web site I provided which gives at least some evidence for a world-wide flood yet you want me to take your word, not based on any evidence, as fact?

Dear Pamela, please provide the actual facts that the pyramids were built pre-flood.
Here, sweet heart, I'll help you:

Link: What year was the Biblical flood of Noah's ark

The flood of Noah's day happened around May 21 4990 BC

Link: When were the pyramids built

The pyramids in Egypt were built during the reign of various Pharoahs dating from around 2700 BC to 1500 BC

Actually, we do have enough water on the planet. If you took Mt. Everest and stuck it in the Marianas Trench it would still have a mile of water above it.
LOL! I thought you were going to provide evidence? You just referenced the bible....the very source that made the absurd claim of the world wide flood.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Not really.

The different nationalities of mankind, blacks, yellows, whites, browns etc. all came from the four families that exited the ark. The monkeys did not spawn humans. The monkees spawned different types of monkees.
Hmmm...... sounds kinda like evolution

Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Not really.

The different nationalities of mankind, blacks, yellows, whites, browns etc. all came from the four families that exited the ark. The monkeys did not spawn humans. The monkees spawned different types of monkees.
Who told you that monkeys spawned humans? Certainly not anyone who knows anything about evolution...Monkey's and apes (you are an ape, by the way) share a common ancestor...

This is the first time I have heard that there were four families on the ark, but nevertheless the minor differences between what you call human races are a product of evolution.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
This PHd. says ice came as a consequence of Noah's flood:
The Ice Age: Causes and Consequences
So I looked through the referenced article. Nice piece of opinion, way short on fact. Totally ignores plate tectonics. Asserts as truth that there are remains of "numerous" civilizations found in areas that are now underwater. (Define "civilization" and where are they?) States that the "thousands of feet thick" sediments of the Black Sea are the result of the very short period of Noah's flood, apparently with no inkling whatsoever of how sediments are formed and how long it takes.

Sigh.

I always find it interesting how people pick and choose what areas of science to accept and believe. Geology? No. Medicine? Well, tell me, when you get sick do you go see a doctor? Do you take drugs that doctors prescribe? Antibiotics, for example? Do you allow your children to be inoculated against disease? If you have cancer, will you seek treatment? Science is all around us. If you drive a car, or take public transportation, you are enjoying the fruits of several sciences. You obviously use a computer, another fruit of several sciences.

Tell me where Jesus teaches that to attain eternal life you have to disbelieve science? I men specific words, not the kinds of patchwork assembling of sentences from here there and everywhere to make a case. Because I'm pretty sure that if I were to follow you around for several months, writing down everything you say, that I could take a sentence from here and there and prove that you are several kinds of criminals.

The message of Jesus is very clear. Eternal life to those who believe in Jesus, who love God, who love their neighbors, and who even love their enemies. Nothing else matters.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
The different nationalities of mankind, blacks, yellows, whites, browns etc. all came from the four families that exited the ark.
I stand in utter shock and awe at the amount of willful ignorance demonstrated in a single sentence.

Nor was it 4 families, for the breeding stock of males were all from the same family (a very shallow gene pool).

You really insult your own intelligence by professing such impossible concepts.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
But we do know that a world wide flood is not possible, and we also know that the earth is billions of years old, not just a few thousand...Perhaps the people who wrote those stories in the bible did not, but today over 2000 years later we do.
So, you believe everything you are told without question?...Without empiric evidence?...One who does not question, does not desire to know the Truth...

Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, you believe everything you are told without question?...Without empiric evidence?...One who does not question, does not desire to know the Truth...
WOW did you actually accuse someone of that

You really have lost any connection to reality haven't you. You're the one defending the absurd and impossible without evidence and think that accusing others of such willful ignorance, as you describe yourself.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:46 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Wow, I have presented so much empirical evidence to the contrary from various disciplines and it is in fact the earth that screams out BS.

Go back and see my posts and read the links. Lots of pretty pics too.

You see AiG has no rebuttals for Africa as Kent Hovind never made here to invent the stories he did for the USA as counter evidence.

Look up noanswersingenesis, every claim of AiG is refuted with REAL science. It will take you about 2 days to go through it all so it is not a sound byte. See you in two days or so.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM

278 posts, read 357,739 times
Quote:
I think it is interesting that not once do any of the writers of the Old Testament or New Testament consider Noah or the flood to be a cute story not based on fact. I'll just quote the New Testament since it would be too many verses if the OT were quoted:

Mat_24:37 For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind."

Mat_24:38 For as they were in those days before the deluge, masticating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark,

Luk_3:36 of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,

Luk_17:26 And according as it occurred in the days of Noah, thus will it be in the days of the Son of Mankind also."

Luk_17:27 They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

Heb_11:7 By faith Noah, being apprized concerning that which is not as yet being observed, being pious, constructs an ark for the salvation of his house, through which he condemns the world, and became an enjoyer of the allotment of the righteousness which accords with faith."

1Pe_3:20 He heralds to those once stubborn, when the patience of God awaited in the days of Noah while the ark was being constructed, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were brought safely through water,

2Pe_2:5 and spares not the ancient world, but guards Noah, an eighth, a herald of righteousness, bringing a deluge on the world of the irreverent;"

Here is an interesting article on the Grand Canyon proving a world-wide flood:

Evidence For Noah's Flood Presented

For the record I really do believe there was a world-wide flood.
How did the penguins get back to Antarctica?

Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Far out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.