Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 12:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's easy to answer. There were only approximately 16,000 animals on a ship the size of a WWII aircraft carrier with three levels.
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I haven't read all of these posts, but I would like to point out one thing.

The known "world" in biblical times was not the entire World as we know it. Knowledge about the size and location of the other continents was non-existent

And yes, there was a big flood in that region.
So what you are saying is that your Bible is not being truthful when it says that this silly flood covered the whole world and covered the highest mountains...that it killed off every living thing on the planet save Noah and his gang?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Not very bright if you re comparing glacial ice of the north pole which is mostly floating ice and the Antarctic, you know the south pole, the ice is on land, it is a continent.
I wasn't comparing North Pole ice to South Pole ice. I was only talking about the North Pole ice being around 10,000 feet thick.

My point stands. The planes were under 260 feet of ice. It took only 46 years to get that deep.

The point is that the North Polar ice caps did not have to be around pre-Noah's flood.

Quote:
So you defence of WWII plane fails.
No, not really.

Quote:
That was a glacier and the precipitation in the NH is higher due to the water cycle whereas the SP is miles from any major land mass, the closest being AUZ. Antarctic precipitation viz snow is less than TWO INCHES per annum.
Doesn't matter. I'm dealing with the North Pole and those planes.

Quote:
As for your earlier waffle regarding Pangea, that was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy before any alleged fludd.
True it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before the flood and right after the flood.

Quote:
Best you stop reading AIG as that is NOT science. Feel free to join me on my thread and then refute the other evidence I presented, I simply used one example here.

Grow up.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM

70 posts, read 210,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A flood that god created to murder every single human on the plant, except for the handful on the big boat, yet supporters use the proof of many cultures documenting the flood as part of their history as proof.

Exactly how did all these people that drowned in the flood, write it all down?

Were the blogging, "oh heck, it's up to my neck"
ALTER2EGO to- ASHEVILLE NATIVE:

Murder is the unlawful taking of life. As Creator, Jehovah has every right to execute wrongdoers. You, as a mere creation, are in no position to point fingers at the Creator. The Bible says the behavior of the people in Noah's time was so reprehensible that God even felt regrets that he created humans.

"{5}Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. {6} And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart." (Genesis 6:5-6)

The Bible also says Noah preached to these people, meaning they had the opportunity to repent of the wrongdoings and have their lives spared. They chose to not do so.

"and he [God] did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;"(2 Peter 2:5)

Every choice has consequences. The consequence for gross wrongdoing and then being unrepentant about the wrongdoing is death. You're up here complaining about the consequence that these people got for their choice of behavior. They got what they asked for.

FYI: It wasn't the dead people that wrote about the flood. Your statement to that effect is ridiculous. It wasn't even Noah or his sons who survived that did the reporting of the event. The book of Genesis was written my Moses under divine inspiration. Moses wasn't there when it happened. The information was relayed to him by God.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
I Googled the information for how many animals. It is not that difficult, take the known species of today, add the species that went extinct, take two of each and seven pairs of each clean species and a pair of each unclean.
What the.....!!!! So you are claiming that all the species that exist on the planet today PLUS those species that have gone extinct PLUS those species that have yet to be discovered ....only number 8000 species!!!! Two of each species going onto the ark making a total of 16,000 animals.

Please tell me you are pulling our chains here lad. You cannot be serious. The lowest estimate for species of animals alive today is 3,000,000. The highest is 30,000,000. That does not include the number of animals species yet to be discovered and those gone extinct, which will account for millions more. Yet you claim that there were only 16,000 animals on Noah's canoe!!! You're one crazy dude fella! Stop it now....my sides are hurting!

He's kiddin' us isn't he folks? ...

Quote:
If the flood account is a lie than so is everything else in Genesis.
That's it! Now you're getting it! Keep it up.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM

70 posts, read 210,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
That's a very one sided website. All it really offers is a biblical version of "the flood" and no scientific evidence to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Throwing around a few big words and some quasi-scientific phrases isn't evidence.

The pyramids stood, long before "the flood" and they still stand today. Funny thing is, there is NO evidence of their ever having been submerged. Also, the Egyptians were fanatical and prolific record keepers. You would think that if a flood of that magnitude had happened there would have at least been a mention of it. No, not a word.

Finally, we simply do not have enough water on the planet to have flooded the land as was claimed in the Bible.

Sorry, but as with so many other biblical claims, there is simply no proof.
ALTER2EGO to- PAMELA BEURMAN:

The idea of the whole earth being flooded is not farfetched. Technically speaking, to some extent, the earth of today is STILL flooded. Why so? Consider this: 70 percent of the earth is covered by water and only 30 percent is dry land. Moreover, 75 percent of the earth's fresh water is locked up in glaciers and polar ice caps. If all this ice were to melt, the sea level would rise much higher. Cities like New York and Tokyo would disappear. God has the power to unlock the glaciers and polar ice caps that would have resulted in the global flood of Noah's day. (Source: The Bible--God's Word or Man's?, p. 111)

Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
ALTER2EGO to- PAMELA BEURMAN:

The idea of the whole earth being flooded is not farfetched. Technically speaking, to some extent, the earth of today is STILL flooded. Why so? Consider this: 70 percent of the earth is covered by water and only 30 percent is dry land. Moreover, 75 percent of the earth's fresh water is locked up in glaciers and polar ice caps. If all this ice were to melt, the sea level would rise much higher. Cities like New York and Tokyo would disappear. God has the power to unlock the glaciers and polar ice caps that would have resulted in the global flood of Noah's day. (Source: The Bible--God's Word or Man's?, p. 111)
Not to mention the vast underground reservoirs of water. That's one reason they didn't want the oil pipeline going down through the middle of the US due to the underground water getting messed up.

Like I said before, If Mt. Everest were put into the Marianas Trench it would be covered by 1 mile of water.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
It has been almost 7 thousand years since the flood of Noah if we take 4,900 BC for the flood, add 2012 to that number and you get almost 7,000. Why all the different languages? Because at one time there was one continent, Pangea with one language. After the flood at the tower of Babel God gave the people different languages and then the nations split into what we have today.
You actually believe that the continents we have today formed from Pangaea in only 7000 years? If that had happened all life would have been obliterated because of earthquakes and volcanic activity...It is an absurd idea.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:42 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
The Grand Canyon is evidence of a global flood for one.

More evidence:
Missing Universe Museum - Global Flood Evidence
No, the grand canyon is evidence of a old earth. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-science.html

Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You actually believe that the continents we have today formed from Pangaea in only 7000 years? If that had happened all life would have been obliterated because of earthquakes and volcanic activity...It is an absurd idea.
Yep.

Obviously you need to re-think your thesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality