Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

I bet it was a whole lot easier (required less water) to flood the whole planet back when the earth was still flat. Once it became a sphere, it was beyond even the power of a god to flood.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
2 dogs on the ark. Let's say they were, oh, pick your fav. dog. Breed them. Get 6 or so pups. Take two pups of that litter with the characteristics you want and breed them. Keep breeding and taking 2 of subsequent litters to arrive at the kind of dog you want.

Today we have Great Danes and teeny tea-cup chihuahuas as a result of breeding from the original parents of Noah's Ark.

Here is what this Phd says about dogs from post world-wide flood:
On the Origin of Dogs
The problem with that is it says after their kind. A bit bull and collie are not the SAME KIND.

Proof is found in the raven and the dove. I suppose in your scenerio the raven and dove breed and produced all the different KINDS of birds today.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I bet it was a whole lot easier (required less water) to flood the whole planet back when the earth was still flat. Once it became a sphere, it was beyond even the power of a god to flood.

You're right! The water spilled under the flat earth and flooded the edges and underside. Yea, that's how it went. Sure! Uhhuh!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The problem with that is it says after their kind. A bit bull and collie are not the SAME KIND.

Proof is found in the raven and the dove. I suppose in your scenerio the raven and dove breed and produced all the different KINDS of birds today.
Did I ever say or infer that they bread a collie with a pit bull bull? No. Did you read the article on dogs from the PHd? Most likely all dogs today come from the wolf.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
A localized flood would make much more sense. A world wide flood has far to many problems with it. However I still maintain that it should not be read literally.
Quote:
Thus speaks the mind of unbelief.

E that is a very self serving statement. Just because I do not view the scriptures after the same manner as you do does not mean I do not believe in the scriptures.

Tis the same as saying if you do not believe what I believe you do not believe the scriptures. Talk about setting oneself on a pedestal.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
E that is a very self serving statement. Just because I do not view the scriptures after the same manner as you do does not mean I do not believe in the scriptures.

Tis the same as saying if you do not believe what I believe you do not believe the scriptures. Talk about setting oneself on a pedestal.
Jesus took the historical event of Noah's flood as a literal event. Not greater than Jesus are you.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Did I ever say or infer that they bread a collie with a pit bull bull? No. Did you read the article on dogs from the PHd? Most likely all dogs today come from the wolf.
yep and man sprang from monkeys. same senerio

Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Jesus took the historical event of Noah's flood as a literal event. Not greater than Jesus are you.
only in your understanding of what Jesus said, however I do not believe Jesus was speaking of a historical event.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
yep and man sprang from monkeys. same senerio
Not really.

The different nationalities of mankind, blacks, yellows, whites, browns etc. all came from the four families that exited the ark. The monkeys did not spawn humans. The monkees spawned different types of monkees.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
only in your understanding of what Jesus said, however I do not believe Jesus was speaking of a historical event.
Of course, why would you? If you did it would screw up your system.

(Mat 24:37) For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind."

Pneuma would have to say: Just as the fake story of Noah, thus shall the fake presence of the Son of Mankind.

(Mat 24:38) For as they were in those days before the deluge, masticating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark,

(Luk 3:36) of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,

(Luk 17:26) And according as it occurred in the days of Noah, thus will it be in the days of the Son of Mankind also."

(Luk 17:27) They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

Tell me, what cute story was Jesus trying to teach? He never said it was make believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.