Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Whether or not evolution is stronger or weaker than it ever was is irrelevant to the fact that as long as life exists on this planet, evolution will occur. What you should be resorting to is getting an education.

I get educated everyday, and my education is not based on your evaluation of it.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Default Bye now!

The litany of statements that make our point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Constipation is NOT the elimination of anything. Rather, it's the storage of "things" well past their prime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Oh I like that even better; The storage of much of evolution that is past its prime, or reserved; and then it is eliminated.

Thank you again.
Uhmmm... where again did I say that?

Quote:
I can manage my language and never post cursing words in any of my responses in debate. That effort is never a failure!
Well... apparently NO, you can't. You obviously manipulate so as to make false points. That's the best you can do? Or said another way....

Quote:
And yet you fail utterly regardless.
Quote:
I fail in your view, not in mine; I believe what I do and post it based on my views, not the views and opinions of others. What you view as my failure, I view as my conscious knowledge accepted by my understanding.
While we can and do see (as above) that you must resort to constant mis-statements and denials. Wonderful and Impressive debating, Mickiel!

Quote:
Exactly. He reminds me of the toddler who just doesn't believe that sticking his finger in a live light socket will hurt him. Poor dear.
Oh let him!!! Please! A lesson only he can learn, since he has ZERO respect for any of our knowledge, professions experience or learning.

Mickiel, this pains me, but you may have noticed I've stated a few times of late that you were perhaps a bit different from the general crowd of hugely stubborn intransigent theist fundies here.

I'm sadly going to retract that asssessment. Probably even one of your occasional defenders,AREQUIPA, who has given you a lot of leeway, may also now feel the same.

And why? Because you have proven that you do not value any true factual information, since all you can apparently do is press on in the same sad direction, regardless of anything we've tried to logically explain, with extreme patience and effort.

You refuse to answer any specific questions, you make things up about what people have said, and you deny any proven & demonstrated facts as rubbish or fantasy.

Well, OK then... Quite the legacy for you to run with, indeed.

I'm through with you. (And I'm also sure you could care less that I even tried... Typical of trollistás)

Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,280 times
Quote:
I get educated everyday, and my education is not based on your evaluation of it.
Indeed, it is difficult to say what, exactly, your education is based on. Were you home schooled?

Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
orogenicman, it looks like Mickiel took you seriously!
Sad, isn't it?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Indeed, it is difficult to say what, exactly, your education is based on. Were you home schooled?

I graduated from high school, did 3 years of college; graduated from a one year course in the Air Force; went through 5 years of counseling school on the job; and thats it for my formal schooling. The rest of my schooling has been home schooling.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM

I believed God had things made by Christ, and then things came from what was already made. And this process is what science calls evolution. For example in Genesis 1: God creates the earth and in verse 11 he said " Let the earth sprout forth vegetation", so the plant life came from within the earth. Or came out of it, came from what was already created, already there. And thats a type of evolution, life comming from life.

In my theory of reserved evolution, I am saying that process has been slowed in many areas, completted in many others. And I don't think evolution is running wild and expanding, because there no longer is a need for it to do that. And Gods future attention is being invested in evolving mans consciousness, and to one day evolve our humanity, out from our physical bodies, into a whole new Spiritual existence.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I believed God had things made by Christ, and then things came from what was already made. And this process is what science calls evolution. For example in Genesis 1: God creates the earth and in verse 11 he said " Let the earth sprout forth vegetation", so the plant life came from within the earth. Or came out of it, came from what was already created, already there. And thats a type of evolution, life comming from life.

In my theory of reserved evolution, I am saying that process has been slowed in many areas, completted in many others. And I don't think evolution is running wild and expanding, because there no longer is a need for it to do that. And Gods future attention is being invested in evolving mans consciousness, and to one day evolve our humanity, out from our physical bodies, into a whole new Spiritual existence.
It took you two months to come back and still get it wrong?

As was said on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyGyroscope
No field of science has ever required God to explain its phenomena, nor have any experimental findings ever led to the conclusion that God exists. That it's possible to find correlations between metaphorical Biblical passages and scientific findings is evidence only of the existence of human creativity.

If you don't find my argument compelling though, then consider that the Bible says Eve came from Adam and that, on that basis, women came from men, while science shows that all people begin as women but only develop into men after being treated with hormones throughout embryonic and fetal development. This is just one of many examples of the Bible contradicting reality.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 PM

In reserved evolution the starting unit had a purpose in its change, but once the change was completed, then the unit no longer needs to change, in this life. And thats why the afterlife is so important, so the " Second change can occur", and that second change is reserved evolution in the life to come. And the bible reveals this new birth like no other book.

Thats why I like the book.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
In reserved evolution the starting unit had a purpose in its change, but once the change was completed, then the unit no longer needs to change, in this life. And thats why the afterlife is so important, so the " Second change can occur", and that second change is reserved evolution in the life to come. And the bible reveals this new birth like no other book.

Thats why I like the book.

There is no such thing as reserved evolution. You do not get to make up stuff and call it anything other than fiction, dude.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as reserved evolution. You do not get to make up stuff and call it anything other than fiction, dude.
Oh, by the way:

'Living fossil' fish still evolving - UPI.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality