Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,334,204 times

Advertisements

I agree with you Captain! But who lived 900 years? and I believe in talking snakes of the human kind....burning bushes are possible, burning love is too... oh heck...my take on the christians is this, many who can quote the bible at every opportunity, have something to hide. I have met so many who cheated, lied, snuk around yet went to church and praised their god constantly...the rest of the world thought they were great christians. And if you go to church and confess your sins, they are forgiven so you can start over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I agree with you Captain! But who lived 900 years? and I believe in talking snakes of the human kind....burning bushes are possible, burning love is too... oh heck...my take on the christians is this, many who can quote the bible at every opportunity, have something to hide. I have met so many who cheated, lied, snuk around yet went to church and praised their god constantly...the rest of the world thought they were great christians. And if you go to church and confess your sins, they are forgiven so you can start over.
Hi Maggie!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM

114 posts, read 112,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think anyone who thinks talking snakes,burning bushes,a boat big enough to carry 2 of every animal,a man waliking on water and people living 900+ years is anything more than a fable IS a little nuts!
red herring. Get back to us when you have anything of value to add to this discussion.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,961,124 times
Well, their own book has the answer to this I think:

From Luke 18:

9. To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:
10. "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13. “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14. “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

These Fundamentalist/Evangelical types will often claim to be aware of their own short-comings and that their righteousness comes only from the grace of God, but they do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time pointed out everyone elses' issues and thinking themselves all good. I think if they concerned themselves more with their own faults and stayed out of everyone elses' business, they might just be following what their god has told them to do.

If their god is God, then surely the faults and "sins" of everyone else is its business and not theirs.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,334,204 times
Hi Captain!!! I think they can't handle reality

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
I'm just curious...he's not my favorite guy in the world...but what exactly are you most upset at Pat for? What has he done that you are bothered about?
You mean other that professing to be a Christian and not acting like one?

I met him several years ago at a religious event my mother and I attended. Shaking his hand was nauseating. The man has a very dark soul.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

I met him several years ago at a religious event my mother and I attended. Shaking his hand was nauseating. The man has a very dark soul.
Can you give an example?

Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 PM

114 posts, read 112,833 times
Quote:

Can you give a specific example?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Can you give a specific example?
Not one that you would understand.

I, like my sisters and other members of my family, am a sensitive. ( quit the laughing, i'm serious). My particular talent is being able to sense emotion/feelings ect.....

Pat Robertson isn't what he seems.

Nothing more to say on the subject.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:
Not one that you would understand.

I, like my sisters and other members of my family, am a sensitive. ( quit the laughing, i'm serious). My particular talent is being able to sense emotion/feelings ect.....

Pat Robertson isn't what he seems.

Nothing more to say on the subject.
So, we're left to conclude he's a despicable person, but not a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality