Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,231,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, we're left to conclude he's a despicable person, but not a hypocrite.
Take it any way you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I guess I'll have to. You never really gave any evidence PR is a hypocrite.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Not one that you would understand.

I, like my sisters and other members of my family, am a sensitive. ( quit the laughing, i'm serious). My particular talent is being able to sense emotion/feelings ect.....

Pat Robertson isn't what he seems.

Nothing more to say on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, we're left to conclude he's a despicable person, but not a hypocrite.
Quote:
I am always surprised when a believer in God (presumably with some experiential basis for it or it is simply intellectual acceptance) scoffs at right brain sensitivities in others. Inexplicable.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
People who espouse high moral standards are among the worst cheats, studies have shown. The worst cheaters tend to be those with high morals . . .

Understanding the 10 Most Destructive Human Behaviors | LiveScience

There are certain people who use their religion to separate themselves from the rest of humanity, sets them apart, makes them a step above everyone else. I believe this way of thinking opens the door for them to be huge hypocrites.

This little article is probably concerning anyone who thinks he is on a higher moral ground, though, including politicians (except Cory Booker ? ).
And people who point the finger at religious hypocrites are usually worse than the ones they point the finger at.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:03 PM

114 posts, read 112,901 times
Quote:
Not one that you would understand.

I, like my sisters and other members of my family, am a sensitive. ( quit the laughing, i'm serious). My particular talent is being able to sense emotion/feelings ect.....

Pat Robertson isn't what he seems.

Nothing more to say on the subject.
So you really have nothing to back up your comments with other than you just don't like his personality? Is that it?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
So you really have nothing to back up your comments with other than you just don't like his personality? Is that it?
Go back and read my post again. Whether or not I like a person has nothing to do with the energy I feel from them.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Go back and read my post again. Whether or not I like a person has nothing to do with the energy I feel from them.
The "energy" you "feel from them" has nothing to do with whether or not they are a religious hypocrite. That was the discussion. So you don't believe he's a hypocrite, do you?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The "energy" you "feel from them" has nothing to do with whether or not they are a religious hypocrite. That was the discussion. So you don't believe he's a hypocrite, do you?
Ya took your troll pills this morning, didn't ya?

Anyway, he professes to be a Christian but his behavior is not Christ-like. He preaches that we should love our neighbor and then he makes "pronouncements" about Haiti, Katrina, Tornado Alley, and even Peyton Manning. Yep, he even said that Manning deserved to get burt because of what Elway and the Broncos organization did to Tim Tebow.

Such a loving Christian attitude!

As for the rest, although I am well read, well spoken and well educated I cannot find adequate words to explain something to you that you must experience to understand.

Think what you will, i'm through trying to justify anything to you. Now, be a nice little guy and go annoy someone else.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM

[quote=pamelaBeurman;23921028]Ya took your troll pills this morning, didn't ya?

Anyway, he professes to be a Christian but his behavior is not Christ-like. He preaches that we should love our neighbor and then he makes "pronouncements" about Haiti, Katrina, Tornado Alley, and even Peyton Manning. Yep, he even said that Manning deserved to get burt because of what Elway and the Broncos organization did to Tim Tebow.

[\quote]
There you go!!!! That wasn't so hard now, was it? I only wanted a simple answer other than "my spirit told me".
Quote:

Such a loving Christian attitude!

As for the rest, although I am well read, well spoken and well educated I cannot find adequate words to explain something to you that you must experience to understand.

Think what you will, i'm through trying to justify anything to you. Now, be a nice little guy and go annoy someone else.
You could have ended this the first time I asked the question had you simply backed up what you said with actual facts.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Can you give a specific example?
I can...Pat Robertson advised a man who's wife has Alzheimer’s disease to divorce her....

How can a religious leader suggest divorce to an individual when the bible clearly states otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality