Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
You are wise in thought and kind in words, gentle at heart. The day comes soon, when all mankind will know of God's Word
Thanks.

I am really trying to become wise, kind and gentle but have fallen short once again.

For whatever reasons--'There but for the Grace of God go I' was a bit of advice that was frequently given to me.

When in doubt--Pray. LOL--also sound advice.

and

'You can only change yourself'--others will be as others will be.

It gets a bit much at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Things that happen in our lives we as human want to know why or how but we are not to judge or condemn. Struggles come for me when I have an "opinion" as others take it as judging. I am a sinner saved by grace there have been days I question God's reasons that I must ask for Him to forgive me.

It is sad things that have been listed by TakeAhike it does cause me to wonder. I must continue to trust God in His wisdom they all need to be played out in His timing. Makes life tough at times but I still trust Him one day He might choose to make my sights clearer.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Thanks.

I am really trying to become wise, kind and gentle but have fallen short once again.

For whatever reasons--'There but for the Grace of God go I' was a bit of advice that was frequently given to me.

When in doubt--Pray. LOL--also sound advice.

and

'You can only change yourself'--others will be as others will be.

It gets a bit much at times.
Prayer is good, but to sing a prayer is glorious. But, no matter how you do it, Christ is always listening should you invoke His name.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I just wanted to let you all know that my Uncle passed away this morning - peacefully at home, surrounded by his family. Thank you for any prayers/thoughts that were sent our way, as they were much appreciated.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:03 PM

Father, many people have gone to rest from the weaken state of our bodies. If I am to be so grateful and humble before you, to ask your Son, Jesus Christ, to intercede upon my prayers to give life to my dear beloved soul, who lies weaken by disease, grant me, Oh Jesus, In your name, this request. I pray to you, Lord Jesus Christ, the Great Healer of the sick to grant me my request. Amen

Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Gizmo,prayers to your family to be closer and find confort.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:18 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Please pray for the homes,families that lost homes in the So Cal wildfires. I have friends that lost homes and some have been ordered to evacuate. I smell smoke all around me. I see the Pasadena,Altadena,Asusa smoke. At night I see the eerie flames on the mountains,please pray for rain or lower temps.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,439,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Please pray for the homes,families that lost homes in the So Cal wildfires. I have friends that lost homes and some have been ordered to evacuate. I smell smoke all around me. I see the Pasadena,Altadena,Asusa smoke. At night I see the eerie flames on the mountains,please pray for rain or lower temps.
And for the two firefighters that lost their lives today fighting the fire May their families be comforted.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
And for the two firefighters that lost their lives today fighting the fire May their families be comforted.

A prayer for rain in Southern California.

Son of Man quench the thirst of those scorched by fires of redemption. God is moved by such compassion, God is moved by Love to help his fellow neighbor when the breath of fire is upon them. To risk life so other's may live is a worthy profession. So let their thirst be quenched in the name of those who gave their lives to save others, as Jesus Christ did, the only begotten Son. Son of Man ask thy Father to release the Holy Spirit, through your name, Jesus Christ, to bring forth the waters of heaven upon their land and claim it unto to the Lord thy God. Amen.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Amen..Such beautiful prayers from the heart of Lionpainter..

I add my prayers for the victims of the fires that rage in California and that peace and comfort will be upon the families of the firefighters who have lost lives... and for the ones who continue to face the many dangers of this fire..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality