Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM

33,616 posts, read 37,264,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
So Creationist accused the 'Evolutionist'
of having the doctrine of man Evolving from animals?

Or does man evolve from slime?
Or is that another accusation from Creationist as well?
Again, a lack of knowledge here...Man IS an animal, a mammal in fact.... To be more precise....Humans (Homo sapiens) are primates of the family Hominidae...Get it? We are primates (apes) as are all of our other ape cousins.

Human Family Tree | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,483,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'm afraid so, GC. Pretty illogical, huh? Again, it's a predictable rote-a-chant from AiG is my best guess.
Actually, rifleman, I don't even think AiG stoops to levels of such idiocy. I'm not going to go find it but I'm pretty sure it's on the Discovery Institute's (maybe AIG's) list of arguments not to use against evolution. It's like the fundamental misnomer of all misnomers about evolution. It's steeped in such a lack of education about the topic that I relegate it to someone asking why the apple fell on their head... In the year 2013. It's THAT bad.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM

33,616 posts, read 37,264,831 times
Arguments that should never be used

Moon dust thickness proves a young moon.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics began at the Fall. (If so, how could Adam and Eve have eaten and digested their food that they were told to eat before the Fall?)

NASA computers, in calculating the positions of planets, found a missing day and 40 minutes, proving Joshua’s “long day” (Joshua 10) and Hezekiah’s sundial movement (2 Kings 20).

There are no beneficial mutations.

Darwin recanted on his deathbed.

Woolly mammoths were flash frozen during the Flood catastrophe.

If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today. (In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.)

No new species have been produced.

Ron Wyatt has found much archeological proof of the Bible.

Arguments Creationists Should Avoid - Answers in Genesis

Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM

50,111 posts, read 20,869,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Very well said. Organized religion is so "phony" I don't go period. That stupid organizaton Baptists hills something whatever, said the attacks in Boston were "Done by God." If murder wasn't one of the big 10 or illegal in most states, I would like to go beat the sheet out of everyone of those complete morons. Arequipa, I would like to think you know me a bit better these days, and you understand my position. I can see how difficult it is to believe in something while the world suffers, every second of every day. Why doesn't God heal the amputee? Huh? A little child 4 yrs old was shot by a gangs drive by. (I wish I made these stories up) The child now is without her legs. The little girl asked if God would forgive the man, and I frickin lost in the ER. Ok, enough for the day, I enjoyed reading your post Arequipa, thank you.
I take far more pleasure in two people coming to realize that a Sortagod -belief is nothing to quarrel about (though it can be discussed rather as scientists discuss rival theories) and that they both agree that man-made religion is a crock,than in just winning a debate.

I do indeed understand you much better and maybe you understand atheist and atheism (or at least this one) a bit better, too. I look forward to more amicable discussion and moving forwards.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Arguments that should never be used

Moon dust thickness proves a young moon.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics began at the Fall. (If so, how could Adam and Eve have eaten and digested their food that they were told to eat before the Fall?)

NASA computers, in calculating the positions of planets, found a missing day and 40 minutes, proving Joshua’s “long day” (Joshua 10) and Hezekiah’s sundial movement (2 Kings 20).

There are no beneficial mutations.

Darwin recanted on his deathbed.

Woolly mammoths were flash frozen during the Flood catastrophe.

If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today. (In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.)

No new species have been produced.

Ron Wyatt has found much archeological proof of the Bible.

Arguments Creationists Should Avoid - Answers in Genesis
Thanks for those. Some of which I still thought were viable arguments - e.g the freeze -dried woolly mammoths which I recall I struggled with on another thread. I liked their article on 'Intelligent design is not a Christian movement' (is an argument should not be used) because it was right (the whole ID rationale is based on belief in a Creator) and wrong (it does not have to be Christian - the creator could be Shiva).

I also loved their cartoon apparently aimed as materialism

http://www.answersingenesis.org/asse...for-a-sign.gif

Apparently they are unaware of the irony in that the sunset, pretty though it it, proves nothing whatsoever about a Creator.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 PM

58 posts, read 57,565 times
Some scientists claim they have duplicated life from non-life and proven evolution to be correct.

False interpretation of data is not science - it is wishful thinking.

The experiments used to prove their point: - NEEDED A CREATOR for the Xperiment to work.

Thus proving the bible to be true! Its all in how you interpret the data presented.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDarO View Post
Some scientists claim they have duplicated life from non-life and proven evolution to be correct.

False interpretation of data is not science - it is wishful thinking.

The experiments used to prove their point: - NEEDED A CREATOR for the Xperiment to work.

Thus proving the bible to be true! Its all in how you interpret the data presented.
Correctly would be a good start

There's no help for it - we have an Evilution thread on our hands. Let's do this before we get rightly closed down for going off -topic.

Evolution is provably correct even without the abiogenesis experiments. Creationists themselves accept that evolution within species (micro evolution) is true They apparently now say that speciation (macro -evolution) hasn't been demonstrated is an argument that should not be used. Given that 'macro -evolution' is feasible and supported by evidence even on Answers in Genesis plus the museums full of fossil evidence that this did happen, plus the DNA corroboration should prove evolution beyond any reasonable doubt.

Now abiogenesis is not part of evolution theory and we have no proof. What we do have is a reasonable supposition that the evolutionary process goes back to blob and even further. There is no logically correct reason to suppose that any other mechanism is needed.

That said, we have a good deal of circumstantial evidence of how this could have come about. Naturally. We have some feasible hypotheses about how this could work. We had some 'Life from non -life' experiments which needed a creator only because the conditions needed for that to happen don't exist anymore and needed to be created. The subsequent process was quite natural - just as someone may need to 'Create' a tank of warm salt water for tropical fish to live in (though no creator was needed for the Pacific ocean) but the subsequent breeding went on quite naturally.

Thus you will see that your 'Life experiment needed a creator' is 'interpreted' incorrectly.

Further, even if one were to prove some sort of ID input into the evolutionary or abiogenesis or even Cosmic origins process, that would not do a single thing to prove the Bible true and more than any other Holy Book or even book of myths with a creator.

Your 'interpretation' fails on every point. It is certainly not 'science'.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,419,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
A Christians strongest argument against atheists.

What if I'm right?
The response would be what if the Norse Gods are right and they hate Christians, but don't really care about Atheists?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,944,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Again, a lack of knowledge here...Man IS an animal, a mammal in fact.... To be more precise....Humans (Homo sapiens) are primates of the family Hominidae...Get it? We are primates (apes) as are all of our other ape cousins.

Human Family Tree | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

Man & Beast Were Created On The 6th Day.
Man In God's Image & Beast after their own kind.

Not all Aminals are mammals.

After the fall of man God's Covenant 0f Circumcision
was man's way of seeing he was not to be of a Beastly nature as other mammals.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,857,405 times
Atheists have a strong argument against Christ? Give me a break- Jesus the Christ was considered a heretic in his time. He was looked upon by traditionalists as an atheist...ironic hugh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality