Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM

140 posts, read 132,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You've got me there. I cannot provide you the dates that the Apostles wrote the Gospels. But not for the reason you hope, but because the Apostles didn't write the Gospels. Only the most backward of scholars still think the Gospels were written by the Apostles.
Yes I have read most of the negative commentaries that insist that Moses didn't write the first five books of the bible.

I've read the same thing about John, Paul, Peter, etc; Luke didn't write Luke - (everyone is lying);!

I've also read the most notable scholars - Remember; Jesus quoted (and verfied) every book in the Old Testament; The Apostles quoted much also. Stephen recounts their history with clarity and accuracy (Acts)

Wake up! This is the age of deception - and many are easily led astray;

It doesn't matter what you search for on google/wiki It is pretty difficult to nail down just one opionion.

The internet is a wonderful mess of misinformation; For the first time in history - ALL of man's knowledge is accessible in one place instantly.

Ever since the first two people - Satan has been doing everything he can to cause "doubt" in that which God has claimed as TRUTH.

One only has to search through the genealogy of Jesus Christ to witness how satan throughout thousands of years; tried in vain to destroy that genealogy.

Pharaoh killing all new born sons in Egypt

Herod killing all new born sons in Bethlehem.

The Jewish leaders demanding that Christ be crucified;

All these historical facts are indeed very true!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
Yes I have read most of the negative commentaries that insist that Moses didn't write the first five books of the bible.

I've read the same thing about John, Paul, Peter, etc; Luke didn't write Luke - (everyone is lying);!

I've also read the most notable scholars - Remember; Jesus quoted (and verfied) every book in the Old Testament; The Apostles quoted much also. Stephen recounts their history with clarity and accuracy (Acts)

Wake up! This is the age of deception - and many are easily led astray;

It doesn't matter what you search for on google/wiki It is pretty difficult to nail down just one opionion.

The internet is a wonderful mess of misinformation; For the first time in history - ALL of man's knowledge is accessible in one place instantly.

Ever since the first two people - Satan has been doing everything he can to cause "doubt" in that which God has claimed as TRUTH.

One only has to search through the genealogy of Jesus Christ to witness how satan throughout thousands of years; tried in vain to destroy that genealogy.

Pharaoh killing all new born sons in Egypt

Herod killing all new born sons in Bethlehem.

The Jewish leaders demanding that Christ be crucified;

All these historical facts are indeed very true!
I know that you abhor new information, so I'm not surprised that you're stuck in the 19th century.

The rules of evidence prohibit that one uses a book to provide evidence for the same book. The Israelites were never in Egypt, see previous threads. Herod never ordered the killing of all new born sons, and Christ was never crucified. Any external, objective, verifiable evidence will be considered.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
What eye-witnesses are you referring to? The Gospels weren't even written until at least 30-80 years after these events supposedly took place.
Yup - you have the exact dates of when these accounts were written; We know Marks' was the first.

Mark wrote it - but it is Peter's words for sure;

John's was the last in a.d. 90 (He wrote from Patmos).

Since Jerusalem and all of its inhabitants were wiped out and destroyed in A.D. 70 by Titus; then we must assume they were all written before that date - by Paul and the others. Luke wrote two different books to the same person; That which we have seen; That which we have handled (Jesus Christ).

The eye witness' are the authors of those respective books; Once you realize that; Then everything fits just perfect.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Yup - you have the exact dates of when these accounts were written; We know Marks' was the first.

Mark wrote it - but it is Peter's words for sure;

John's was the last in a.d. 90 (He wrote from Patmos).

Since Jerusalem and all of its inhabitants were wiped out and destroyed in A.D. 70 by Titus; then we must assume they were all written before that date - by Paul and the others. Luke wrote two different books to the same person; That which we have seen; That which we have handled (Jesus Christ).

The eye witness' are the authors of those respective books; Once you realize that; Then everything fits just perfect.
We're way off topic now. Time to conclude this discussion. Besides, your claims are bogus and are not widely accepted any longer.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
The rules of evidence prohibit that one uses a book to provide evidence for the same book. The Israelites were never in Egypt, see previous threads. Herod never ordered the killing of all new born sons, and Christ was never crucified. Any external, objective, verifiable evidence will be considered.
Many people outside of the bible have testified to all of these things; (fool)!

YOU HAVE YOUR MIND MADE UP - it is all 100% fiction -

Now I understand where you are coming from;

I don't agree - I know better

Israel doesn't even exist - Never has - It was just a fictitious story with no evidence!

God is the only one - who laid out - thousands of years in advance - 333 predictions. Each specific and explicit on who the Messiah would be. ALL 333 were fulfilled exactly and specifically as PROMISED.

Thanks for showing me all the errors. Nothing (exploded) & Everything was created through chaos and entrophy

Whether you know it or not Mr. AJ -The evidence for Exodus is overwhelming; Including the chariot wheels

Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I know that you abhor new information, so I'm not surprised that you're stuck in the 19th century.

First of all - you are now claiming that the most famous Judge of Harvard that wrote the book on evidence.

Who thought the whole crucifixtion story was a hoax - He used the writings of the Apostles -

Your (false claim) he is going to use the bible to prove the bible is false.

He used the words of the Apostles to prove the crucifixion was a real documented event.

12 people would not joyfully surrender to death for a lie - that is impossible- They were bold and un-fearing in their love for Jesus Christ.

Now on top of that we also have much evidence outside of the bible also with 4 different people one of whom hated Jesus - But he claims that it happened also.

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most documented event in human history. Many nations wrote about that earthquake and the darkness over the land.

Some day - you will stand before the King of Kings - The Head of Days -

Eternity is a longer amount of time than you or I can possibly contemplate and comprehend.

That is one incredible "gamble" you are wagering!!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Many people outside of the bible have testified to all of these things; (fool)!
And, can you name an eyewitness outside of the Bible who can testify to these things?

Quote:
Thanks for showing me all the errors. Nothing (exploded) & Everything was created through chaos and entrophy
As opposed to a supernatural being outside of time and space, who had no beginning, who made the universe(s) in 6-24 hr. days? Yeah, that's much more feasible.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:

Some day - you will stand before the King of Kings - The Head of Days -

Eternity is a longer amount of time than you or I can possibly contemplate and comprehend.

That is one incredible "gamble" you are wagering!!
And, if you are right and that day comes, I am indeed gambling that this god would be a loving god who will look at me, recognizing that I used the mind he/she/it gave me to critically evaluate the objective evidence available to me. And I believe he will not judge me on coming to the conclusion I did, but will judge me on how I treated my fellow man, helping those in need, and living up to my responsibilities. If this god will not do so, I will gladly accept by punishment, living forever away from such a being who judged me solely on whether I loved and obeyed him.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 PM

Google - has all the info - & you know it.

When a King declares to His subjects this is the way it is going to be - YOU have no right to ignore him and virtually slap him the face and say - NO- you are not king. I won't do as you command; I will do what I think is right (for me).

ROFLMAO! and you actually think God would accept that lame statement - YOU HAVE NEVER.. ever done anything wrong in life. Never broken one of God's commands.

All through the bible - God & the prophets keep saying the same thing over and over.

God led thee out of Egypt - Look up that phrase in Strongs Exhaustive Concordance and see how many times it occurs in the bible. Oh that's right - the bible isn't true and you have all the necessary proof (for your satisfaction).

Next step is tell any muslim that Moses or Abraham didn't exist - They will behead you for that statement.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Google - has all the info - & you know it.

When a King declares to His subjects this is the way it is going to be - YOU have no right to ignore him and virtually slap him the face and say - NO- you are not king. I won't do as you command; I will do what I think is right (for me).

ROFLMAO! and you actually think God would accept that lame statement - YOU HAVE NEVER.. ever done anything wrong in life. Never broken one of God's commands.

All through the bible - God & the prophets keep saying the same thing over and over.

God led thee out of Egypt - Look up that phrase in Strongs Exhaustive Concordance and see how many times it occurs in the bible. Oh that's right - the bible isn't true and you have all the necessary proof (for your satisfaction).

Next step is tell any muslim that Moses or Abraham didn't exist - They will
behead you for that statement.
Yes, I have every right to ignore a King's declaration if I feel its wrong. I even have an obligation to do so. Would you kill your child if a King told you to do so? What if God told you to do so?
BTW, I've never told anyone that Moses or Abraham didn't exist, because I don't know whether they did or not. But, I have told Muslims that they don't have evidence that Muhammad existed, look in the current Existence of God thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality