Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:04 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I believe that Christians are just like any other human, although a Christian probably disagrees with this.
That sums up what I have been trying to say all along and that is those of us who call ourselves christians are equally subject to the flaws and shortcomings that every other human being has. We have to work just as hard to overcome temptations just like everyone else.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 AM

49 posts, read 92,514 times
I believe I read most of the posts on this thread. I think this is getting to be out of control. Plain and simple: There are GOOD Christians and there are BAD Christians. There are GOOD Muslims and there are BAD Muslims. There are GOOD Jews and there are BAD Jews. There are GOOD athiests and there are BAD athiests. Etc. etc. etc. To lump ANY one group into a negative scenario is wrong! Each "group" has people with GOOD values and each group has people with BAD values (or lack of values). And regarding the OP, I totally agree that door-to-door selling of ANYTHING (religion, as well as material goods) is a total intrusion of people's privacy. It's not a crime, just an annoyance and inappropriate. I don't open the door to ANYONE, unless I know them! And along this line, IMHO, if someone wants to "spread the word" to someone who is interested in listening and learning, that is perfectly OK. But when it's to someone they don't know from a hole-in-the-wall, who has NOT indicated an interest, then it's out-of-place and an intrusion. That's my 2 cents on this subject. Thanx for listening.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Quote:
That sums up what I have been trying to say all along and that is those of us who call ourselves christians are equally subject to the flaws and shortcomings that every other human being has. We have to work just as hard to overcome temptations just like everyone else.
Well it has been my impression that here many Christians believe that gays can't be Christians, that Nazis can't be Christians, that women cannot be the head of the table etc. To many Christians here you are either gay or a Christian etc, while in Europe it is normal that Christians are exactly like any other human.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Well, God can work miracles in the lives of anyone if they choose to let Him.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Well, God can work miracles in the lives of anyone if they choose to let Him.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by this.
What do you mean?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
....in Europe it is normal that Christians are exactly like any other human.
Interesting observation! I'd respond to it if my response wouldn't be off topic! Maybe you should start a new thread on these thoughts...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by this.
He is willing to give all of His love to those who open up and accept Him but He does not intrude into peoples lives if they don't want Him to. Experiencing God's love is like experiencing a miracle.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by cg81
Quote:
Interesting observation! I'd respond to it if my response wouldn't be off topic! Maybe you should start a new thread on these thoughts...
I think you better start it, because I have no idea what you mean?

Originally Posted by urbanlemur
Quote:
He is willing to give all of His love to those who open up and accept Him but He does not intrude into peoples lives if they don't want Him to. Experiencing God's love is like experiencing a miracle.
So are you saying that gays are Christians also, or do you still believe that they exclude one another?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM

That is up to God to decide and for us to go by what is in the Bible on how to live our lives. Suffice it to say that ours is not to judge but to leave it all in His hands in the end.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
That is up to God to decide and for us to go by what is in the Bible on how to live our lives. Suffice it to say that ours is not to judge but to leave it all in His hands in the end.
I bet that there are many heterosexuals Christians who are not without sin and cheat on their wives, do not tell the truth, or steal, and yet they still call themselves Christians and are accepted by their community.
So why can't gays call themselves Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality