Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

205 posts, read 374,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And now the real you comes oozing out from behind all the religious pootwaddle you spout. Never fails.
i never said i was religious...............spouts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
So let me understand this....you believe dinosaurs and neanderthal man coexisted but while they were wiped out by the extreme weather we survived? Also first came Adam and then neanderthal man? Wouldn't that be like humans today turning back into primates? I'm sorry if it seems that i'm shooting down your belief/opinion but it does seem quite far fetched.
.................................................. ..................................the lost world was first , were dinosaurs and neanderthals once lived on earth millions of years under the rulership of lucifer...... the second world we live in now ,,,thats were adam and eve come in....

Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
.................................................. ..................................the lost world was first , were dinosaurs and neanderthals once lived on earth millions of years under the rulership of lucifer...... the second world we live in now ,,,thats were adam and eve come in....
So make up your mind already...If you believe in Adam and Eve, and Lucifer, then you are religious.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
So let me understand this....you believe dinosaurs and neanderthal man coexisted but while they were wiped out by the extreme weather we survived? Also first came Adam and then neanderthal man? Wouldn't that be like humans today turning back into primates? I'm sorry if it seems that i'm shooting down your belief/opinion but it does seem quite far fetched.
We are primates.

Kingdom - Animalia/Metazoa
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia [all mammals]
Order - Primates
Family - Hominidae [great apes]
Genus - Homo
Species - Homo sapiens

Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
We are primates.

Kingdom - Animalia/Metazoa
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia [all mammals]
Order - Primates
Family - Hominidae [great apes]
Genus - Homo
Species - Homo sapiens
In a greater sense do you too believe Man(ADAM),then ape,then man again? Sorry but not me.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
In a greater sense do you too believe Man(ADAM),then ape,then man again? Sorry but not me.
You missunderstood. Homo sapiens fall under the order of Primates. The above was the taxonomy of how man is classified (see cladistics). You said,
Quote:
Wouldn't that be like humans today turning back into primates?
Humans ARE primates. Click on primates above. It just didn't make sense to say that we would turn back into primates, since we ARE primates. That's all.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Well, I find all of this amusing and quite thought provoking at the same time. Especially the part that some folks think that God would create Man (Adam) and then turn around and create a sub-human (neanderthal), was this all just a joke of God's in his design of the grand scheme of things? Maybe we were pond scum that learned how to walk and talk. And maybe God was the one that taught us how to, then formed us in his image. Who Knows?!
Earlier in the beginning of this thread, I was told by a poster that the dino bones were put there by scientist, "now thats quite the undertaking on thier part". And needless to say it gave me quite a laugh on how narcissistic some are in thier beliefs of thier religions. And the other one that got to me was, "the earth is only just over four thousand years old, thats what the Bible says and thats all there to it". Talk about your simple minded thinking, SHhheeesh .

Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Well, I find all of this amusing and quite thought provoking at the same time. Especially the part that some folks think that God would create Man (Adam) and then turn around and create a sub-human (neanderthal), was this all just a joke of God's in his design of the grand scheme of things? Maybe we were pond scum that learned how to walk and talk. And maybe God was the one that taught us how to, then formed us in his image. Who Knows?!
Earlier in the beginning of this thread, I was told by a poster that the dino bones were put there by scientist, "now thats quite the undertaking on thier part". And needless to say it gave me quite a laugh on how narcissistic some are in thier beliefs of thier religions. And the other one that got to me was, "the earth is only just over four thousand years old, thats what the Bible says and thats all there to it". Talk about your simple minded thinking, SHhheeesh .
I've heard this one before which is amusing considering the torah is about 5700 years old.When I was previously discussing primates another person tried to break it down scientifically that we are still classified as them. What I was talking about was in laymans terms. Adam,then virtually apes, then man again. Also this isn't the Land of the Lost. I don't think we existed when dinosaurs were around otherwise we would have just been appetizers.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Years ago while on a fieldtrip, I had one of my geology students refuse to look at a fossiliferous limestone outcrop because she thought the fossils were planted by Satan.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So make up your mind already...If you believe in Adam and Eve, and Lucifer, then you are religious.
to me religious people are not true people, people have various ideas about who and what religon is or isn't ....the bible talks about repentance but that literally means a change of mind and attitude or a complete change of conduct or just turn around.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality