Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times

Advertisements

You don't think the creation itself can testify how old it is? The Bible is simply silent on the age and history, as well as a lot of other things we have learned an now know to be true, but it does state that we can receive truth from the creation itself. There is no prohibition to finding out. Like I said before, the dates are written on the rocks, you just have to know the language to be able to read it.

Last edited by PanTerra; 05-09-2008 at 02:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM

205 posts, read 374,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You don't think the creation itself can testify how old it is? The Bible is simply silent on the age as well on a lot of other things we know, but it does state that we can receive truth from the creation itself. There is no prohibition to finding out.
ok yes true ..this is what iam saying that the bible has gaps in it that has no dates ok ....and when we look back of how old this planet is there is yes a blue print of how old the earth is ...so there we find all the gaps in the bible scienctist use those to blue prints together when they boil it down to the metheds they use

Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
So you can see why when you said, "but its not for us to know this" it didn't make any sense, in light of the above. But rather it is for us to know, but just not through scripture.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Here's a tip: Noah never existed.
How do you know? Were you there?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 9,381 times
Default Time

Did Dinosaurs exsist, yes. Is the earth billions of years old, maybe. Is the book of Genesis correct, yes. You might wonder how all this is possible. Genesis states that God created the earth and all that is in it in 6 days and rested on the seventh day but, what is a day to God. Where these actually 6 of our days God god days. 2 Peter 3:8 states with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like one day. Notice that Gensis doesn't even mention time until the 5th chapter and the 3rd verse when it tells how old Adam was when had Seth. Remember God was preparing the Earth for Man (and Woman), that's why God created the earth. Christians make a mistake when they say that there were no dinosaurs because a lack of biblical knowledge. Our days (24 hr days) didn't really start until Adam and Eve were created, which was God's last creation. God could have created the earth is 6 of our days or 6 of our seconds or 6 or our billions years. The point is that God created the earth and he did it in 6 different timeframes. The dinosaurs could have been long extinct before God made man.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:05 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
He manipulated the data with his noodly appendage. rAmen.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 PM

Default Wrong or Right

Is it wrong to kill? Is it wrong to steal? Is it wrong to abuse your spouse or your children? Is it wrong to lie? How do you know? Is it because the law say that it is wrong or because society say that it is wrong? Do you believe in every law? Do you agree with all the rules of society? What is right, what is wrong? I understand why people are not sure about God or don't believe in him at all. So many people that call themselves Christians live as if they are not Christians. Christianity is not something you do but rather who you are. Christians do sin but, always ask for forgiveness and strive always to follow God and serve others. Even if you just use the bible as just a how to live your life book, the lessons are more powerful than any self-help book. for example: Love you neighbor, forgiveness, be faithful to your spouse, honor your parents, love you children, share each others pains and joys and so on and so on. If everyone strived to follow just these few examples the world would be changed for the better beyond our belief. But, the bible is not a self-help book, it is the word of God. Back to the questions, if there is no God who decides what is wrong and right. Not me, I am not capable and neither is anyone else.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:02 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN HIS IMAGE View Post
Is it wrong to kill? Is it wrong to steal? Is it wrong to abuse your spouse or your children? Is it wrong to lie? How do you know? Is it because the law say that it is wrong or because society say that it is wrong? Do you believe in every law? Do you agree with all the rules of society? What is right, what is wrong? I understand why people are not sure about God or don't believe in him at all. So many people that call themselves Christians live as if they are not Christians. Christianity is not something you do but rather who you are. Christians do sin but, always ask for forgiveness and strive always to follow God and serve others. Even if you just use the bible as just a how to live your life book, the lessons are more powerful than any self-help book. for example: Love you neighbor, forgiveness, be faithful to your spouse, honor your parents, love you children, share each others pains and joys and so on and so on. If everyone strived to follow just these few examples the world would be changed for the better beyond our belief. But, the bible is not a self-help book, it is the word of God. Back to the questions, if there is no God who decides what is wrong and right. Not me, I am not capable and neither is anyone else.
I'm wondering how this fits in with whether or not the Jurassic Period existed? Are you implying that by having a Jurassic Period we are not capable of being moral? I fail to see how the two relate.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Explain

In my first post I explain how the Jurassic period could exist. According to the bible a day to God is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like one day, basically God is time. We look at a day in 24 hours, Our time, 24hour days didn't start until after God created Adam and Eve. Dinosaurs could have been around thousands of (our)years before God created us.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:14 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN HIS IMAGE View Post
In my first post I explain how the Jurassic period could exist. According to the bible a day to God is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like one day, basically God is time. We look at a day in 24 hours, Our time, 24hour days didn't start until after God created Adam and Eve. Dinosaurs could have been around thousands of (our)years before God created us.
OK, I get all that. But what was the post about morals in reference to on a thread about the Jurassic Period???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality