Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 AM

613 posts, read 1,270,430 times

Advertisements

i think fearing anything so inevitable such as living or dieing is pointless..my curiosity welcomes both...what i fear is being forgotten ....and my life meaning nothing but a waste of food air space matter and valuable resources for more meaningful lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
No fear here, either.

I lead a wonderful life.
I'm about to embark on a 5 week holiday to exotic places. I live 100 meters from the ocean; my life is filled with friends and intellectual stimulation. I dive and hike; have a challenging and satisfying job.

I am completely debt free, retire (if I live that long) in 7 years and am pretty well set.

My will covers my siblings, my friend's kids college educations, planned parenthood, and other charities.

I take advantage of all that life has to offer me. I have no regrets.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Pain, losing my independence, losing my mind and seeing my loved ones go before me are what worries me. Death not at all. I was born, I live and I will die. Worm food, a good way to replenish the earth and feed our ecosystem in a perfect symbiotic relation between me and the universe. It seems pretty darn good to know that I will be a part of this amazing process of regeneration... We are all part of the food chain and when it is my time, I hope to go without fear or reservation.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 AM

982 posts, read 3,307,304 times
I'm not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of ways I could be killed. A slow, agonizing death trapped in a car, being murdered, eaten alive by a shark, hypothermia, buried alive, caught in a tornado....that sort of thing scares me!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
I'm with mrsengle on this one.. I'm more fearful of a slow agonizing death..

Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsengle View Post
I'm not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of ways I could be killed. A slow, agonizing death trapped in a car, being murdered, eaten alive by a shark, hypothermia, buried alive, caught in a tornado....that sort of thing scares me!
Hmmmmm........I was all ready and willing to go..until I read this

Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
Death doesn't scare me a bit. But living to a ripe old age, slowly getting more and more feeble, less and less mentally alert and more and more dependent on others scares the crap out of me.

Visit a nursing home sometime if you are afraid of dying. Even a painful death would be better than that in my opinion. Just get it over with!

Now, ask if years of boredom scares anyone. Death would be much nicer.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:23 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Being dead will bother me as much as how I felt before I was born. That said, I'm looking forward to being alive as long as possible! I have a good life and want it to last a while.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I'm not afraid of dying but the way that I'm going to die.
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep than getting murdered or something bad like that.
I know lots of older people in there 80's and 90's and they're ready to go. They tell me I will feel the same way when I get to be there age.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm not afraid of dying but the way that I'm going to die.
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep than getting murdered or something bad like that.
I know lots of older people in there 80's and 90's and they're ready to go. They tell me I will feel the same way when I get to be there age.
Well, I am not quite 80 yet..But am getting thereI can't speak for all us "old "folks, but as for myself, I haven't feared death since I matured in my faith..Iam convinced of an afterlife. I don't know what it will be, because God didn't give many hints, because our human mind cannot perceive what God has planned..When you have raised your family and most of the grandchildren and can see that alls right in the family, there is a peace that comes over you that you did goodand there is no reward worth your lifetime of giving left on this earth that you desire..It seems that you have been there and done that for every conversation with the younger generation that you hear..You realize that it is true that "There is nothing new under the sun"..and also that "history repeats itself" I have made all my final plans and put them in a safe place..so that the family won't have to make those plans..In the meantime, I love life, am healthy as a horse and plan to live each day as if it were the last.. I only pray that God will allow me to keep a healthy mind and body towards the end so I can be in charge of my life..My biggest worry is that I will be a burden to the family towards the end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality