Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 01:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Well, we DO need to get back on topic, I'll admit.

So let's dispose of this one right away:

Stones and Bones: Carl Baugh's latest Fake
Eusie hasn't let facts get in his way yet. I doubt he'll even click the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This is the Paluxy track? That is another one AiG says should not be used by Creationists. It has been totally debunked and Baugh is a considerable embarrassment to Creationists who are trying to make a scientifically valid case with what they call 'water muddying'.

No. 8. Paluxy tracks prove that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.
In view of these developments, none of the four trails at the Taylor site can today be regarded as unquestionably of human origin. The Taylor Trail appears, obviously, dinosaurian, as do two prints thought to be in the Turnage Trail. The Giant Trail has what appears to be dinosaur prints leading toward it, and some of the Ryals tracks seem to be developing claw features, also.

Trails and prints elsewhere along the Paluxy, while contributive to the original interpretation, may be insufficient to stand alone. Erosion has further deteriorated the once-interesting prints on the park ledge, but they are still recognizable. At the Dougherty site, no hints of the important Cherry Trail and Morris prints remain. The various controversial prints labeled as human by Carl Baugh in recent years are of uncertain origin, and at best are not comparable in quality to prints at the sites discussed above, thereby providing no support for the original position. Earlier prints which had been removed from the river before being documented, even if genuine, cannot be considered as compelling evidence, in view of their uncertain source.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 AM

115 posts, read 135,276 times
Scientists have used a powerful new technique to prove that some tiny crystals found in Western Australia are indeed the oldest known materials formed on Earth.

This particular crystal that they analyzed, they say, is 4.374 billion years old, plus or minus 6 million years.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/24/280888059/at-4-4-billion-years-old-oz-crystals-confirmed-as-worlds-oldest

4.4 billion years???

What the...... how can this be, Kenny??????

lol

Old 02-24-2014, 09:23 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times

Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This actually disproves your point:
Stones and Bones: Carl Baugh's latest Fake

Read the comments below it especially by F-r-o-g-g-e-r (take out the hyphens. For some reason the software on this board thinks it is a cuss word and asterisks it.

They are basing their analysis only ON A PICTURE! Some professionals they are!

Old 02-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Your picture should say "SOME Creationists claim the earth is 6,000 years old."
I'm a creationist and I believe it is much older.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,648,651 times
Young earth creationists don't think carbon dating is very accurate, so the 9,550 year old tree doesn't hold any sway with them.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,469,983 times
I don't think annual rings hold much sway with them (young earth creationist) either. That's one of the things Bill Nye was talking about on a recent interview on how an age of a tree is determined (which people should know already. It's basic biology.). If YEC's are throwing out numbers that are younger than the oldest living things that are variably older, then there's conflicting data.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,648,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I don't think annual rings hold much sway with them ("some" young earth creationist) either.
Probably true, though a lot more trust the rings than the carbon dating... As should be the case since tree rings are more precise. "Some" [insert any religious, political, or cultural division here] don't trust [insert the most well established truth]. The key is "some." There will always be "some."

Old 02-24-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I don't think annual rings hold much sway with them (young earth creationist) either. That's one of the things Bill Nye was talking about on a recent interview on how an age of a tree is determined (which people should know already. It's basic biology.). If YEC's are throwing out numbers that are younger than the oldest living things that are variably older, then there's conflicting data.
Did they cut down that tree and count all the growth rings?

Also, there should only be approximately 4,500 growth rings even if it was over 6,000 years old since, prior to Noah's world-wide flood, the world did not have different seasons which would put trees into dormancy.

The small Limber Pine tree in California, which I have seen while back packing in the wilderness, is supposed to be 2,000 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality