Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:35 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,988,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
What does satanist Ozzy Osbourne have to say about Aliester Crowley.

YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley

lyrics
did you talk to the dead
You fooled all those people with magic
(Yeah)You waited on Satan's call

How did he fool the people with magic. Don't dare ask those so called christians in the sacred circle.

won't you ride my white horse?
it's symbolic of course

Symbolic of what? No one knows

Approaching a time that is classic

The new age

Here is another Masonic order for you, OTO, or Order of the Temple of the Orient, the one Aleister Crowley was in. Connect the dots, it is not so hard. Harry Hay, a member of this order wrote a book,"Radically Gay" explaining homosexuality, and homosexual sex magic rituals, etc. Freemason Crowley was the instrumental force in promoting the drug, and homosexual revolution in America, and the breaking down of the family. He detested God.

To learn more about the history of these secret organizations and how you are controlled please click here.

Radio Liberty Newsletter - June 2000
I think Ozzie is just a drugged out ol' hippie and he and Crowley and many people thrive on sensationalism and shocking the public. Trouble is, there is very little left that we find shocking these days.

There is a book which claims that Crowley was a secret agent for the Brits in WWII.
I think it is called Secret Agent 666.

I am not sure if it is that author, but someone said among Crowley's many affairs was Barbara Bush's mom. They say if you get an unposed picture of Crowley and place it next to Barbara's you might see similarities.

I found this:

I do not think it has any significance, but it is easy to blow a silly gesture all out of proportion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:42 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,269,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I found this:

I do not think it has any significance, but it is easy to blow a silly gesture all out of proportion.
Isn't that just the Texas longhorns hand signal fans of the college like to use?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,988,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Isn't that just the Texas longhorns hand signal fans of the college like to use?
Probably.
It was also, I think, 'the horns', supposedly used to curse somewone, or maybe now it is done in joke.
it was also thought to be a Satanic signal, often used at Ozzies concert way back when.
Maybe it has other meanings, depending on the culture.
I thought it might also be a playful way of telling a reporter to back off,

The thing is, there are determined groups who pick up every little thing and see it as a 'sign' of something.

There are people who believe our heads of state are reptilian aliens in disguise. I am not joking.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:11 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,269,679 times
Quote:
Probably.
It was also, I think, 'the horns', supposedly used to curse somewone, or maybe now it is done in joke.
it was also thought to be a Satanic signal, often used at Ozzies concert way back when.
Maybe it has other meanings, depending on the culture.
I thought it might also be a playful way of telling a reporter to back off,

The thing is, there are determined groups who pick up every little thing and see it as a 'sign' of something.

There are people who believe our heads of state are reptilian aliens in disguise. I am not joking.
LOL. Maybe our current one is...??

I'm pretty sure whichever TX university is called the Longhorns does that at every game as a school spirit thing. You ssee the whole crowd waving the longhorn symbol. I'm sure they don't think of it as satanic in the depths of the bible belt.

I don't know about other origins of that particular signal.

Horns are a fertility symbol in many religions - based on the rutting seasons of the deer and other such animals.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:23 PM

348 posts, read 557,707 times
Default serpent of old

Quote:
You know, there were religions before Christianity, but there was no one named Satan until Christianity came along. Most so called Satanists called themselves this as a reaction to Christianity. Are their evil people and evil cults?
There was someone named satan before what is called "so called" christianity.

Revelation 20:2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [the] Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

Genesis 3:1-5 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?" And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; "but of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' " Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. "For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Satan has fooled the world, that serpent of old. What do Masons teach about the serpent. Well, lots actually, since this is who they worship. Lucifer, God of the underworld.

Lets look at what Albert Pike has to say. One on Freemasonry's most renown Masons.

Listen to him describe the Ouroboros, the symbol of the serpent devouring his own tail.

"It is the body of the Holy Spirit, the Universal Agent, the Serpent devouring its own tail." [Morals and Dogma , p. 734, teachings of the 28th Degree, Knight of the Sun, or Prince Adept]

Albert Pike goes on to express the views of the "ancients", because this religion that they follow is derived from the ancient religions of Babylon. Albert Pike's book, Morals and Dogma has the writings of many other authors contained within its bindings.

What does Manly P Hall say about that serpent of old.

"The serpent is the symbol and prototype of the Universal Savior, who redeems the worlds by giving creation the knowledge of itself and the realization of good and evil." [Manly P. Hall, 33 Degree Mason, The Secret Teachings of All Ages , the Philosophical Research Society Press, p. lxxxviii.]

Masons will swear up and down that Manly P. Hall is not a Mason, but you must remember, secret societies are secret, so to withhold their secrets ask yourself, what must they do? I will continue to provide proof of Halls Masonic membership time allowing.

We saw in Genesis how Satan, that serpent of old, had "fooled" mankind. Do you think he is "tricking" mankind today?

Mr. Hall told us in his book, The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry, that the properly prepared Mason had the "seething energies of Lucifer in his hands", [p. 48]

Circles are very important to the occult. They supposedly give "power" to the individual and cult members. Ouroboros, the serpent consuming his tail is a popular symbol.

"Lucifer represents..Life..Thought..Progress..Civilization. . Liberty..Independence..Lucifer is the Logos..the Serpent, the Savior." pages 171, 225, 255 (Volume II)
"It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God." pages 215, 216, 220, 245, 255, 533, (VI)
"The Celestial Virgin which thus becomes the Mother of Gods and Devils at one and the same time; for she is the ever-loving beneficent Deity...but in antiquity and reality Lucifer or Luciferius is the name. Lucifer is divine and terrestial Light, 'the Holy Ghost' and "Satan' at one and the same time." page 539 Sister Helena Petrovna Blavatsky 32°, Ancient and Accepted Primitive Rite, Grand Orient of France, "The Secret Doctrine".

Circles are very important to the occult. They supposedly give "power" to the individual and cult members. Ouroboros, the serpent consuming his tail is a popular symbol.

Perhaps the best-known representation of Baphomet is the drawing by the 19th century French magician, and Eliphas Levi, called "The Baphomet of Mendes." Levi combined elements of the tarot devil card and the he-goat worshipped in antiquity in Mendes, Egypt, which was said to fornicate with its women followers ( as the church claimed the devil did with witches). Levi's Baphomet has a human trunk with rounded, female breasts, a caduceus in the midriff, human arms and hands, cloven feet, wings and a goat's head with a pentagram in the forehead and a torch on top of the skull between the horns. The attributes, Levi said, represented the sum total of the universe - intelligence, the four elements, divine revelation, sex and motherhood and sin and redemption. Hite and black crescent moons at the figure's side represent good and evil.
*Note Eliphas Levi is also a Mason.

http://www.satanic kindred.org/baphomet.htm (broken link)

Aleister Crowley named himself Baphomet when he joined the Ordo Templis Orientalis, a secret sexual magic order formed around 1896 in Germany

The Church of Satan, founded in 1966 in San Francisco, adopted another rendition of baphomet to symbolize Satanism. The symbol is a goats head drawn within an inverted pentacle, enclosed in a outer circle, hebraic figures at each point in the pentagram spell ot leviathan, a huge water serpent associated with the devil. In Church of Satan rituals, the sigil of Baphomet is hung on the wall behind the alter. The Baphomet may also be worn as a medallion.

Below I have provided some images of Ouroboros for our benefit. Please look at them carefully. Some of you may recognize the Masonic symbols such as square and compass.
Attached Thumbnails
What is the real connection between the Mormon/LDS Faith and Masons?-images-1.jpeg   What is the real connection between the Mormon/LDS Faith and Masons?-images.jpeg   What is the real connection between the Mormon/LDS Faith and Masons?-images-3.jpeg   What is the real connection between the Mormon/LDS Faith and Masons?-images-4.jpeg  

Old 08-03-2008, 03:26 PM

896 posts, read 1,865,757 times
Quote:
There was someone named satan before what is called "so called" christianity.
This entity you refer to as Satan? It seems that even the bible can't agree on who he/she/it is.

Lets look at 1 Chronicles 21

And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.

Okay... now let's look at 2 Samuel 24

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.

Both from the KJV bible.

As I said earlier in this or another thread. You can quote the bible to prove anything you want.... to yourself.

Until someone comes along and shows you the contradictions. If someone refuses to recognise these contradictions then they're self delusional.

I'm sure someone will soon show that your other quotes are either misused or out of context.

I take it you don't like Masons?

Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,388,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I'm pretty sure whichever TX university is called the Longhorns does that at every game as a school spirit thing. You ssee the whole crowd waving the longhorn symbol. I'm sure they don't think of it as satanic in the depths of the bible belt.
Ouch, it hurts to think of Austin as "the depths of the Bible Belt". But maybe...
Anyway, the symbol does "belong to" the Longhorns (University of Texas at Austin) and, no, Longhorns' fans do not consider it to be satanic in the least. Then again, that's what Satan probably wants them to think, eh? Do you think that Satan was able to infiltrate the Bush family by making him Governor of Texas, and placing him and his family in "Longhorn country"?
Hmmm....

Old 08-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Default Devil and Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
This entity you refer to as Satan? It seems that even the bible can't agree on who he/she/it is.

Lets look at 1 Chronicles 21

And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.

Okay... now let's look at 2 Samuel 24

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.

Both from the KJV bible.

As I said earlier in this or another thread. You can quote the bible to prove anything you want.... to yourself.

Until someone comes along and shows you the contradictions. If someone refuses to recognise these contradictions then they're self delusional.

I'm sure someone will soon show that your other quotes are either misused or out of context.

I take it you don't like Masons?
Thanks for the reply. My apologies for not making myself clearer. But I will look at your issue here.

2 Peter 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,

Sometimes the original words of the Bible text are left untranslated. "Mammon", in Matthew 6:24, which means "riches," is an Aramaic example of this. Also, the word "Amen" is left untranslated in both the Hebrew of the Old Testament, and the Greek of the New Testament. As is "Anathema" in 1 Corinthians 16:22, which means "accursed." There are many other words as well.

As a word, "satan" is an untranslated Hebrew word which means "adversary," while "devil" is a translation of the Greek word 'diabolos', meaning "a liar, an enemy or false accuser." If we are to believe that Satan and the Devil are some being outside of us which is responsible for sin, then whenever we come across these words in the Bible, we have to make them refer to this evil being. The Scriptural usage of these words shows that they can be used as ordinary adjectives, describing ordinary people. This fact makes it impossible to reason that the words devil and satan, as used in the Scripture, do in themselves refer to a great wicked being outside of us.

1 Kings 11:14, "The Lord stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite."
1 Kings 11:23,25, "And God stirred up another adversary...Rezon...he was an adversary to Israel"

In the above passages, the word "adversary" is from the same Hebrew word elsewhere translated "satan." This does not mean that God stirred up a supernatural being or an Angel to be a satan/adversary to Solomon; He stirred up ordinary men.

Matthew 16:22-23 provides another example. Peter had been trying to dissuade Jesus from going up to Jerusalem to die on the cross. Jesus turned and said unto Peter "Get thee behind me, Satan...thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men". Thus Peter was called a satan. The record is crystal clear that Christ was not talking to an Angel or a monster when he spoke those words; he was talking to Peter.

Because the word 'satan' just means an adversary, a good man, even God Himself, can be termed a 'satan.' In essence there is nothing necessarily sinful about the word itself. The sinful connotations which the word 'satan' has are partly due to the fact that our own decision to sin is our biggest 'satan' or adversary, and also due to the use of the word in the language of the world to refer to something associated with sin. God Himself can be a satan to us by means of bringing trials into our lives, or by standing in the way of a wrong course of action we may be embarking on. But the fact that God can be called a 'satan' does not mean that He Himself is sinful.

The books of Samuel and Chronicles are parallel accounts of the same incidents, as the four gospels are usually records of the same events but using different language. 2 Samuel 24:1 records: "The Lord...moved David against Israel" in order to make him take a census of Israel. The parallel account in 1 Chronicles 21:1 says that "Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David" to take the census. In one passage God moved David, in the other Satan moves him. The only conclusion is that God acted as a 'satan' or adversary to David, when He permitted David to number the people. He did the same to Job by bringing trials into his life, so that Job said about God: "With thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me" (Job 30:21); 'You are acting as a satan against me', was what Job was basically saying to God.

Let me ask you a question. If an angel does the Will of God, that's the same thing as saying God himself did it. Correct? Because if God commands someone to perform his will, then it is really God who does that act, even though another carries out His will. Likewise, assuming Satan is a literal being, if Satan does the will of God, that's the same thing as saying God himself did it. Correct? Satan cannot do what is against God's Will, because God is sovereign. What God permits, God approves. And if Satan does God's Will and acts as an adversary, then it is really God who acts as an adversary, or a "satan." Therefore, it is really irrelevant as to whether or not Satan is a literal being or not, because either way, God's Will is being done. Whether it's God himself or an angel carrying out His Will with His permission, it is really God who does it.
The Devil and Satan

Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 PM

896 posts, read 1,865,757 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My apologies for not making myself clearer. But I will look at your issue here.
That all made little sense to me. What in effect you did was confirm that the bible can be translated to suit a purpose.

In an earlier post you talked about the Mason's and others being Satanic. Then you finish this post by saying;

Quote:
assuming Satan is a literal being, if Satan does the will of God, that's the same thing as saying God himself did it. Correct? Satan cannot do what is against God's Will
So what's the problem then?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Default Matthew 11, 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post

So what's the problem then?
No problem. All of us have our ways of interpreting the way we see things. Masonry is identical to the ancient mysteries. Albert Pike gives a lot of information about the serpent. His source comes from a source outside of the scripture. You may share his same views.

There is a reason why we interpret scripture differently. And we can find this reason in God's word. (Mt. 11:25, 13:10-17)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality