Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
No but bacteria is an earthly function so bacteria will stay on earth.
Er...being human is an earthly function too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 AM

938 posts, read 1,515,614 times
Most living things are heterotrophs that need to eat other living things to survive. Cows eat grass, cats eat rodents, and parasites have to feed on their hosts. Is there a separate heaven for each species, where the living things that they feed on won't care about being eaten?

And what makes a living organism a "good" one? To the malaria parasite, anthrax bacterium, or human botfly, they're simply living life as God intended them: making human beings suffer. Is it their fault that this is the only way they can survive? I think they deserve to go to heaven too

Imagine a human botfly heaven. The flies get to lay their eggs on happy mosquitos who inject their eggs into happy humans who allow the botfly larvae to grow and hatch from their skin.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:29 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm horrified to admit that I absolutely LOVE the smell of barbecue. This may be the one thing God and I have ever agreed on.
I think Ben Franklin would agree with you.

He is supposed to have said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
Er...being human is an earthly function too.
True but that isn't the point of this thread.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
But only the bacteria that did good deeds, Shirina.

The bacteria that managed to over-proliferate and hence cause disease, though biologically identical to those that didn't, do NOT get into bacteria heaven.

God decides which to write into the Book of Life.

And no, "I couldn't help it, I was in the colony" doesn't cut it.

On the other hand, bacteria are given a pass on the "you must accept Christ as your savior" dictate as they do not have brains and therefore can not make a decision to accept or not accept Christ.

This may open a "works/deeds v. salvation" argument, if so, I'm ready. Hopefully a few bacteria will chime in on the subject from their POV as well.

Hope this helps clear things up.
Good wit, JerZ but what is the use for brainless bacteria in heaven?

The earth may be heaven for bacteria.

Bacteria keeps multiplying and lives forever.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
For those who believe in Heaven, do you believe that animals "get in"?
If you do believe that animals go to Heaven, would that then mean some animals go to Hell?
I heard this poem from my mother.

The Eternal Whistler

Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
For those who believe in Heaven, do you believe that animals "get in"?
If you do believe that animals go to Heaven, would that then mean some animals go to Hell?
I believe all animals go to Heaven.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe all animals go to Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Does that include the zillions of bacteria that are trying to infect us every day? If so, heaven would be a tough place to survive.
As usual, a simple Yes or No is all I ask.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
As usual, a simple Yes or No is all I ask.
That may be all you ask, but generally, yes or no really won't suffice, if one thinks into this question at all.

You demanding a "simple yes or no" is about on par with asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? You can only answer yes or no." (Not as a comparable analogy but in the "I really can't just answer this the way the person wants me to" way.) Of course there are some questions that go much deeper than a yes or no...and including all "animals"/living/locomotive creatures into the equation is simply a logical step...IMO.

And as you can see, there isn't a simple yes or no to your question, for many posters. For example, some seem to believe that some animals go to heaven but not others....and that only certain states of awareness of the animal might warrant a soul. And so on.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
some seem to believe that some animals go to heaven but not others
Katzpur said ALL animals, so I am sure she can answer my question Yes or No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality