Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 04:53 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Dr. Austin also talks about dating rocks etc. here:

Geologist Steve Austin - creation.com

Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Steve Austin? Really? Should ask for his money back on his education because - wow.

Young-Earth Creationist 'Dating' of a Mt. St. Helens Dacite: The Failure of Austin and Swenson to Recognize Obviously Ancient Minerals

And yet Austin used it to date ash deposits from the 1986 eruption of Mt. St. Helens, and, big surprise (sarcasm), got an erroneous result.

Dude, having a PhD is not a guarantee of competence.
Which proves my point about you who don't even have a PhD

Obviously the university vetted his paper for him to get his PhD. Or do you think universities just rubber stamp the work of a student just so they can say they gave him a PhD? Are universities now diploma mills?

The fact is that Dr. Austin was correct about Mt. St. Helens and polystrate trees. Swallow your pride and just accept the science. Remember, science is our friend.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:15 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Which proves my point about you who don't even have a PhD
No, I have a masters degree and 20 years of field experience (30 if you include all of my college field training), and it is clear that the man is a buffoon. And yes, I would tell him that to his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Obviously the university vetted his paper for him to get his PhD. Or do you think universities just rubber stamp the work of a student just so they can say they gave him a PhD? Are universities now diploma mills?
Which only means that for him to promote long refuted crap as science shows how unethical his behavior is (particularly as none of it is published in any peer reviewed science publication because he knows it is bull****). The fact that he works for a creation ministry tells me that even with his PhD he couldn't get a real job anywhere else.

Quote:
The fact is that Dr. Austin was correct about Mt. St. Helens and polystrate trees. Swallow your pride and just accept the science. Remember, science is our friend.
Austin isn't right about any of it. If he was, he'd publish that crap in a respectable science journal like "Geology" or Nature.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:55 PM

Of course Austin is absolutely right about the polystrate trees and Mt. St. Helens.

And just why must he publish? Not publishing does not prove he is incorrect.

Do you have absolute evidence that any geologist that does not publish his work is incorrect?

He did make his work on the Grand Canyon public. But that's not good enough. Oh, okay, I understand. Yea, right. Whatever.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
No, I have a masters degree and 20 years of field experience (30 if you include all of my college field training), and it is clear that the man is a buffoon. And yes, I would tell him that to his face.
And I'm sure he'd tell you you are wrong.

So you've done all the same original research he has? Oh, sure, uhuh, whatever. You know all. After all, you didn't even watch the videos and said they were crap. You seem to have a penchent for making ignorant, off the cuff remarks. Why should anyone take you seriously? I surely don't.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM

641 posts, read 558,279 times
Quote:
And I'm sure he'd tell you you are wrong.

So you've done all the same original research he has? Oh, sure, uhuh, whatever. You know all. After all, you didn't even watch the videos and said they were crap. You seem to have a penchent for making ignorant, off the cuff remarks. Why should anyone take you seriously? I surely don't.
The pot-kettle-black meter is officially pegged.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:14 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times
Quote:
Of course Austin is absolutely right about the polystrate trees and Mt. St. Helens.
No sir, he is not.

Quote:
And just why must he publish? Not publishing does not prove he is incorrect.
Because that is what scientists do and how science works. You don't get to make up ****, refuse to allow anyone to review your work (which is what he does all the time), and call himself a scientist. What happens then is that other scientists call him a crack pot, which is what Austin is. Ever wonder why he isn't a member of the AAAS, the NSF, or the AAPG?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:22 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,776 times
Eusebius, I add my vote to the opinion that you are disproving yourself with practically every post and contradicting yourself often. I can't take your views on science seriously.

That probably won't discourage you at all. You seem so sure that scientists are wrong, unless they support your faith-based opinion. That's the antithesis of the scientific method. Why don't you just admit that you're not really into knowing ALL the science, and you select the very few scientific-looking sources that support your view?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc1 View Post
The pot-kettle-black meter is officially pegged.
You don't deserve a response.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Eusebius, I add my vote to the opinion that you are disproving yourself with practically every post and contradicting yourself often. I can't take your views on science seriously.
The polystrate trees actually prove my point as well as all the other geological findings by the scientists. I have actually proven myself at every point. You are siding with people who don't even watch the videos I requested they look at and they say they are crap. You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep. Based on that, you are just like them and so I have no reason to accept your biased opinion of my views.

Quote:
That probably won't discourage you at all. You seem so sure that scientists are wrong, unless they support your faith-based opinion.
It is actually faith-based and science based thank you. I think it's rather funny that you folks constantly berate Christians for not letting science have its say, that science is always against the Bible. But when I post scientists with PhD's who have done their due diligence you state I believe scientists are wrong. You know what? You prove that no matter what a Christian does he is just wrong. But in reality, you and your misguided friends are just brainwashed and so I just have to pity the lot of you. You can't help it. You've been brainwashed from birth till now. All I can do is just pity you.

Quote:
That's the antithesis of the scientific method. Why don't you just admit that you're not really into knowing ALL the science, and you select the very few scientific-looking sources that support your view?
If you had read his scientific method you wouldn't have stated it is the exact opposite of the scientific method. But really I understand your position. You've been lied to all your lives and the only way you can deal with that is to attack the individual who disagrees with you and proves you wrong. I just feel sorry for you. Again, I don't blame you. It is very common. Children always strike out when they don't get their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality