Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 05:32 PM

774 posts, read 907,135 times

Advertisements

Reincarnation?

Not a Christian belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
"Argumentum Ad Populum" is all you have got for me to digest and contemplate? Shame its a fallacy then huh?

You do realise that that nonsense only makes sense if you already assume there IS a soul? But since I am asking you if there is any reason to think there even IS a soul.... this nonsense is meaningless to me?

Do you have anything interesting to say about the soul that does not require you to start off by assuming such a thing actually exists?

Maybe before you reply next time.... read over your reply and ask yourself.... "does this post only make sense if you actually assume a soul exists from the outset"?

Because arguments or evidence for X that only work if you start off assuming X is true.... dont help much to forward a conversation between people who agree with X and those that do not.
All I've got for you is my experience, which you choose to ridicule... and profound and informative teachings about the soul... what it is, where it came from, what is it's purpose, why we have one, and why it doesn't reincarnate after passing from this earth existence.

Hopefully, somebody reading this post will be inspired to read the links, as they're life changing for those of us who are true believers.

The Truth about The Soul. The Soul of Man is of the Highest Order of Creation

Old 06-23-2014, 01:01 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
All I've got for you is my experience, which you choose to ridicule
Anecdote is not evidence. That is not "ridicule" that is just a fact. If you see "facts" as ridicule then you simply have a more sensitive disposition than is likely to be healthy.

Quote:
and profound and informative teachings about the soul
I see nothing profound in you simply making things up. Nor is your fantasy "informative" in any way.

What would be informative would be if you could substantiate your assertions in some way. Alas instead of even attempting to do so you simply miscontrue me asking you to do so as "ridicule".

Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Anecdote is not evidence. That is not "ridicule" that is just a fact. If you see "facts" as ridicule then you simply have a more sensitive disposition than is likely to be healthy.

I see nothing profound in you simply making things up. Nor is your fantasy "informative" in any way.

What would be informative would be if you could substantiate your assertions in some way. Alas instead of even attempting to do so you simply miscontrue me asking you to do so as "ridicule".
Ah, there you go again. I didn't make up anything. I didn't write the material in the links that I provided. I see that you're all over the internet doing the same thing on other forums... getting off topic by mocking posters.

I stand by my posts and the links provided that there is no such thing as reincarnation.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Ah, there you go again. I didn't make up anything.
Given your total and consistent inability to substantiation... even in a small way.... anything you have claimed here..... the only remaining assumption I have is that yes... you are simply making it up.

Quote:
getting off topic by mocking posters.
Except I am entirely on topic. You have made assertions about reincarnation and the "soul" and I have asked you to back them up. How is this off topic? Or are you just making MORE stuff up now? You are not a moderator and do not get to declare who is off topic. Report my post if something in it is off topic.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Given your total and consistent inability to substantiation... even in a small way.... anything you have claimed here..... the only remaining assumption I have is that yes... you are simply making it up.

Except I am entirely on topic. You have made assertions about reincarnation and the "soul" and I have asked you to back them up. How is this off topic? Or are you just making MORE stuff up now? You are not a moderator and do not get to declare who is off topic. Report my post if something in it is off topic.
I posted above a quote that there is nothing on earth of which to make a comparison with the soul and I've posted links to several spirit messages which explain what is a soul. These writings/teachings are from the highest spirits who were once mortals. If you read them, they're very enlightening and who knows, you may embrace them... if not now, then maybe later when you've passed this earth to the next world.

That said... we know that electricity exists, but we can't actually see it... just the effects it creates when it comes alive with a charge. The same can be said about our soul. It exists inside our body encased in a spirit body, but until it comes alive with a charge... God's Divine Love flowing in... it remains dormant or dead. Once a charge of Divine Love is present, we can feel the effects of this charge not only by the warmth of the Love inside of us but by the change that manifests in our being, i.e., we become more loving, patient, compassionate, sensitive and refined.

This is the only way I know to substantiate that we have a soul. The proof is in the receipt of something outside of ourselves and that's God's Divine Love.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
I posted above a quote that there is nothing on earth of which to make a comparison with the soul
And I replied to this already. Repeating it adds nothing. You have not established there even IS a soul. So any discussion about comparing it to anything is merely you imagining stuff again. Simply posting a quote where someone makes stuff up with you does not add to it. 2 people making stuff up is not better or worse than 1 person doing it. It is still all made up.

Quote:
That said... we know that electricity exists, but we can't actually see it... just the effects it creates when it comes alive with a charge. The same can be said about our soul.
That is just nonsense. We can substantiate the existence of electricity. We can remove it. Add to it. Increase and decrease it. Isolate it. Define it exactly. And much much more. You have not done anything of these things with your "soul" idea.

But to be pedantic for a moment, electricity does NOT exist actually. It is merely a label we give to an observed effect. All electricity is is the movement of electrons. It does not actually exist in and of itself. It is like the word "hole". "Holes" do not exist. They are merely a label we use to describe the absence of something.

So no electricity does not exist, it is merely a label we give to observed effects. So to use YOUR analogy all you are doing is looking at some observations and labeling them "soul".

If that was ALL you were doing then I would have no issue with you and our conversation would be entirely over. But you are doing more than this. You are claiming that "soul" is something that actually exists in and of itself. You are not just labeling some observation. You are objectively claiming the existence of a thing.

And you have not even taken the first shred of a tiny step in substantiating this claim.

So basically what you are telling me is that the only substantiation you have for the existence of a soul is your ability to misuse linguistics.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
And I replied to this already. Repeating it adds nothing. You have not established there even IS a soul. So any discussion about comparing it to anything is merely you imagining stuff again. Simply posting a quote where someone makes stuff up with you does not add to it. 2 people making stuff up is not better or worse than 1 person doing it. It is still all made up.

So basically what you are telling me is that the only substantiation you have for the existence of a soul is your ability to misuse linguistics.
There is a distinct difference between humans and animals, right? Why? What is it that makes us different? Humans have a soul and animals don't. Without a soul, humans would be animals. And, further, without a soul, humans wouldn't exist.

Humans are spiritual beings living in a physical body. The soul is spiritual and is of the heart and not of the mind.

This earth life isn't all there is. It's not the end of the line here... it is the beginning.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:27 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
There is a distinct difference between humans and animals, right? Why? What is it that makes us different? Humans have a soul and animals don't. Without a soul, humans would be animals. And, further, without a soul, humans wouldn't exist.

Humans are spiritual beings living in a physical body. The soul is spiritual and is of the heart and not of the mind.

This earth life isn't all there is. It's not the end of the line here... it is the beginning.
If people really want to be taken seriously, why keep referring to the heart as if it has a function other than it's physical one?

Old 06-24-2014, 07:26 AM

153 posts, read 150,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Just the thought that I may be reincarnated makes me want to hang my head and cry. I'm exhausted. I have the worst insomnia of anyone I've ever heard of, and that's with taking several sleep medications. There's no way I would want to live another life. I've had a terrible life with just about every bad thing that you can imagine happening, has happened to me. Every time I turn around, something bad is happening. I've tried so hard to have a positive mindset, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm really not trying to get sympathy, I just don't want to be reincarnated.
You don't say if you have searched for God,have you ?If you have then your new life will be lovely without pain of either the mind ,heart or body You will be surrounded by love, never bored,and have no worries as all will be heavenly,but you must have Jesus in your heart and mind before you die,or there will be more suffering,getting worse and worse,as this earth will deteriorate inthe near future,and be unliveable in.
So with Jesus there is no need to continue reincarnation down on this vale of tears,as existence will be either heaven or hell a we have chosen.
Yes I think that until we are saved by Jesus we can and do have other existences, some at a very low level,but when we encounter and are saved by Jesus,we must chose then or we lose our place in heaven for aeons,until God decides to redeem us from below.
This is hell as we have to go to the bottom of created life again,and that will be thousands of years 'in hell' to regret .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality