Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 01:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Chosing freely for oneself is great. ... but I've seen the damage the Jehovah Witnesses to do to their children and it is not a choice of freedom for the kids.... it's Moderator cut: ..... torture and for that reason alone the sect should be shown for what it is....and that's not a positive thing.

Gods word teaches to bring your children up learning about God--Children have 0 clue--they ride on their parents backs--they have 0 choice. Being no part of the world may be a torture but Jesus said to be his follower one must do that. He also said they would be hated for it. and ones own family members would be their enemies as well--you must have missed all of this truth--if you listened to Jesus you would already know it--he taught-- man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God( OT AND NT)--his real teachers--teach every utterance--you missed out somewhere along the line--because you do not know Gods utterances. The JW teachers teach us every utterance, over and over, because they listened to Jesus.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-02-2015 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: quote edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 08:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
...snip.... The JW teachers teach us every utterance, over and over, because they listened to Jesus.
Seems a pretty classic brainwashing technique.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:15 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Seems a pretty classic brainwashing technique.
Right, listening to Jesus again and again is brain washing.

Most let their brain stay dirty and listen to something else.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Right, listening to Jesus again and again is brain washing.

Most let their brain stay dirty and listen to something else.
I trust you're having a nice day.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:47 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
All religions seem to think they have all the answers. The only thing I can say about Jehovah witness is that you can't even discuss religion with them. They cornered me outside one day when I was washing my car. We politely discussed religion. That wasn't enough apparently because they came back the following day with 6 people. I didn't answer the door because I didn't invite them over for further discussion. I don't want to be converted or ganged up on because I have a differing opinion.
They just can't seem to understand just because I talk to you doesn't mean I'm ready for conversion or brainwashing. I learned my lesson......

Old 02-01-2015, 10:55 PM

220 posts, read 278,094 times
Quote:
Wow----is the pain in your heart that bad? do this--Matt 16:24---you will win, its the only way. Why would you puke are you hardhearted?
God thought about your lifetime over 6000 years ago and provided the way out for all who chose to believe him--he sent his son to die on your behalf, so you could live the wonderful existence I showed you in Gods kingdom.
You know it amazes me.. I was once a Jehovah Witness I was back 8 years ago. And you know what this is the exact dam stupid crap that I hated, you know kjw47 you talk like your all high and mighty and that you guys have it all, let me tell you this how are you any different than the people "prosecuting" you? You say it as if the world is just a hell hole and everyones life in means nothing to god, let me tell you something pal! God is going to judge you as well, dont think just because your in your stupid position or wtv the hell you are, makes you think god will make you "pass" hes gonna judge you just like everyone else if they have a good heart. You say there is racism going on in the world your teachings talk about it, let me tell you, how are you any different, you guys are just as prejudice to us as people are to blacks. Wanna piece of advice for your people, STOP JUDGING OTHERS IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE JUDGED!

NUFF SAID AND I REST MY CASE.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:09 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
A couple of years ago, two of the women used to show up at my door at least once a week. Made me glad I reached the point of no longer allowing individuals into my place unless I actually want to. The older woman noticed a sticker on my door that says "Proud parent of a soldier," and started asking questions. When she remarked it wouldn't be a big deal if my child gets killed in Afghanistan 'because there's always heaven,' it's lucky I have control over my temper or she would no longer have teeth.
When she added that if I disagreed with anything she said she could point it out in the Bible, I stepped back inside and shut the door in her face.

It wasn't til after that experience I recalled a JW family I slightly knew when I was a kid. The kids were invited to a barbecue at my brother's house, and when someone asked where the one child was they were told "he didn't feel like coming- his father broke his arm." More recently I've learned the JW's have quite a reputation for child abuse- kinda like fundamentalist christians.

So no, I want nothing to do with them.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Posted by kjw47 View Post
Wow----is the pain in your heart that bad? do this--Matt 16:24---you will win, its the only way. Why would you puke are you hardhearted?
God thought about your lifetime over 6000 years ago and provided the way out for all who chose to believe him--he sent his son to die on your behalf, so you could live the wonderful existence I showed you in Gods kingdom.

You know it amazes me.. I was once a Jehovah Witness I was back 8 years ago. And you know what this is the exact dam stupid crap that I hated, you know kjw47 you talk like your all high and mighty and that you guys have it all, let me tell you this how are you any different than the people "prosecuting" you? You say it as if the world is just a hell hole and everyones life in means nothing to god, let me tell you something pal! God is going to judge you as well, dont think just because your in your stupid position or wtv the hell you are, makes you think god will make you "pass" hes gonna judge you just like everyone else if they have a good heart. You say there is racism going on in the world your teachings talk about it, let me tell you, how are you any different, you guys are just as prejudice to us as people are to blacks. Wanna piece of advice for your people, STOP JUDGING OTHERS IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE JUDGED!

NUFF SAID AND I REST MY CASE.

Nothing left to say eh kjw47? Its funny how when I call you out on your Moderator cut: ... that that you run with your tail between your legs and never "Seen again"

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-03-2015 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: language

Old 02-02-2015, 02:25 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Nothing left to say eh kjw47? Its funny how when I call you out on your Moderator cut: ... that that you run with your tail between your legs and never "Seen again"

I didn't see that post of yours. I don't judge--Gods word has already judged, I just shared what is written. Obviously you don't like Gods judgements. I studied with many religions--The JW teachers were the only ones I could find that teach Jesus' truths--the world hated his truths back then enough to fill their hearts with hatred to murder all of them eventually. because Jesus truths expose the wickedness of men. One can accept them and change their ways--or they will hate them. Here I am I didn't run. You weren't a JW-- you were a fake one.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-03-2015 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: quoted post edited

Old 02-02-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't see that post of yours. I don't judge--Gods word has already judged, I just shared what is written. Obviously you don't like Gods judgements. I studied with many religions--The JW teachers were the only ones I could find that teach Jesus' truths--the world hated his truths back then enough to fill their hearts with hatred to murder all of them eventually. because Jesus truths expose the wickedness of men. One can accept them and change their ways--or they will hate them. Here I am I didn't run. You weren't a JW-- you were a fake one.
Really, because it looks like to me.. That you guys think Jehovah will not judge you people as well, what makes you so sure all of your flock will be let in the paradise? I was a real JW more real than you ever would think, the difference was I was tired of being "Molded" as you guys call it, because what I did realize is Jehovah wants us to worship him in our own way just not doing bad things not this way. Let me tell you something, why are women being treated like they are meant nothing *YA THATS RIGHT IM SAYING IT OUT LOUD IN THE OPEN* You guys dont even make women give speaches because they were not in the right position in the bible, but last I checked Jesus even gave women a chance its you PEOPLE who made that up and brought up the women to feel its normal to be like that. Jehovah is right, its YOU PEOPLE that are wrong.

So dont ever call me a fake JW you hypocrite, may Jehovah have mercy on your soul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality