Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:16 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
No. You're Wrong.

(Type in Pasteur Suppressed, Im on mobile an cant copy paste)

Abiogenesis is a rename of a much older theory, one called spontaneous generation. Now if you really do the research, you might find that Pasteur swept the idea under the rug. That spontaneous generation does happen or rather, fermentation can create life. Pasteur however suppressed such findings as in his words "only God can create life". The thing is, this is exactly what happens. Life is not created in a controlled lab environment (it will starve with only the scientist to watch it) but rather releasing it to nature. That is we can start the process because we are co-creators but ultimately it's something that operates out of our control. Trust me, I make pickles and kimchi as a hobby, it isn't an exact science. Unless you do everything sterile, and then you don't have real kimchi anyway.
But I'm getting off track. Science has helped Pasteur hide his dark past by claiming life does not exist. So we either accept that while flies may not come from nowhere, scientists were hiding something, in which case trust in what they have to say is wrong. Or that they are making a mistake, and a comet hitting the earth did not create life, but rather gave the microbes needed radiation/atomic materialsto evolve. In which case, their thinking is wrong and we can no longer trust them anyway.
I'm afraid I do not follow this at all. Whatever the similarities between the idea of Spontaneous Creation and abiogenesis, the former now has no credibility as the observations now have a different explanation.

Abiogenesis is, like Goddunnit-Creation a possible explanation for the origins of life. It does have the benefits of a feasible mechanism, some research -work showing some aspects of the hypothesis to be workable and, for what it's worth, benefits from the naturalist default and Occam's razor in that, if it is an adequate explanation for the origins of life - and it nearly is - then there is no logical need to drag God into it. Ir for that matter, panspermia or alien scientist - until there is some convincing evidence that either of those three were involved.

Now seeds of life on meteorites might support the panspermia theory (how they came to be on the meterorites is irrelevant) just as a genetics laboratory in 3rd millennium mesopotamian strata might support the alien scientists hypothesis. It doesn't prove it, but it does make it more probable than Genesis, which really has no worthwhile supportive evidence at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 05:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
*chuckles* What 'reasonable answers' can one even expect to find?

'goddunnit' or 'itdunititself' are 'reasonable answers'?

*chuckles harder*
rotfl ... yup.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:26 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
The meteorites were created by Andy Kaufman then.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Best current information is the result of the Big Bang.

'Goddunnit' is not the fallback position.
At one time in my life I was very big into science and evolution...Having studied chemistry and electronics gives me a good grasp of things...I once took notice of the structure of an atom, it had it's proton in the center and electrons orbiting around that...Kinda looked like a mini solar system...when atoms combine to create a molecule, one loses an electron and one gains an electron...I am going on memory here, so forgive me if it is faulty...Going back to the big bang, where did the elements that created the big bang originate?...

Who created the universe?...

G-d did...

Well, who created G-d?...

He was always there...

Who created the universe?...

Big Bang did...

Well, what created Big Bang?...

It was always there...

Old 04-19-2015, 06:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Shared, some are shared.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Shared, some are shared.
I think I was referring to the Gain an Electron, Lose an Electron which I seem to remember from college...Vaguely...

Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
The following video presents strong evidence that life came to earth from meteors:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLNeHySon0

Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
"Take one simple compound, add powdered meteorite and the solar wind, and you get building blocks of life"

How about that. No woo required.

Meteorite Chemicals May Have Started Life on Earth
So meteorites are organic and living? Otherwise, how do you go from inorganic to organic?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So meteorites are organic and living? Otherwise, how do you go from inorganic to organic?
Did you read the article? It has your answer.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:43 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Never research, do you? The biochemicals that exist in the universe (and which are the ones on earth that -in the various hypotheses of abiogenesis - are able under suitable conditions to form life) find on meteorites (in other hypotheses, it might be comets) conditions that enable life or the basic compounds for it to emerge because of conditions on the meteors (chondrites) and in space: un -screened protons; and some arrived on earth all ready to start life.

I can see some problems with the theory and I still reckon earth -based abiogenesis to be the best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality