Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,963,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I can show you scriptural support for it in the Old Testament, as well as the NT letters, Gospels and Acts. It was believed long before 325 AD. 325 was when it was officially recognized. But the point is that since the council in 325 all of Christianity has considered it a required belief among Christians. Anyone that denied the Trinity was considered to be outside the faith.
So that was when ideas about the nature of God became reason for burning at the stake? Lovely development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 04:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,119,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Where do you think he is, huh ? You do believe in God don't you ? I believe He is everywhere, how about you ? You have a problem with the Trinity, huh ? Don't you say your prayers at night ? Our Father who art in Heaven
Prove the trinity, don't just parrot what someone has told you...

Old 05-08-2015, 08:58 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,962,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Prove the trinity, don't just parrot what someone has told you...
I did, read, quit trolling

Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,243,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So that was when ideas about the nature of God became reason for burning at the stake? Lovely development.
Have I ever suggested that it was sufficient cause for it? Religious people, including those calling themselves Christians, have done some horrible things to each other. I'm a Calvinist, and there have been plenty of Calvinists over the centuries that have been burned at the stake, as well.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Here is the post you quoted:

And, here is your reply. What you did say was: "Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them."
You'll notice that I did not say a word about them "learning from the death camps", as it was said. I never used the language that I was accused of using.

Did I say that they didn't learn from what the Nazis did? Yes. That's evidenced by the fact that they are now persecuting Christians.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What was the take on Trinity prior to that time?
It is taught in the scriptures. The Old Testament implies a Trinity in several spots, referring to God as both plural, as well as asserting that there is ONLY one God.

The New Testament is more specific about the persons of the Trinity--calling each of them God.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i like this.
for me language that is inclusive is so much more harmonious and peaceful and sincere

there is a world of difference between someone saying to me "we are all children of a loving Creator"
instead of being told I am "really" this or that religion

I know someone has my best interests at heart when their language is inclusive
whereas as soon as they say "and this is the only way" they have a human agenda

if people want to show respect to others, then here is a good litmus test....speak and post without ever mentioning the name of any religion or religious person. Just speak in plain simple language, heart to heart

word of difference
So why do you believe your opinion of God is more valid than mine or anyone else's?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Does anyone else find it creepy that both Vizio and RonkonkomaNative think they know the mind of God?

Can't the whole "gay" debate be fought without invoking the authority of supernatural beings?
The difference, of course, is that I can quote from the words of God. I don't pretend to have God whispering in my ear to contradict that which he has already said.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:50 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,632,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You'll notice that I did not say a word about them "learning from the death camps", as it was said. I never used the language that I was accused of using.

Did I say that they didn't learn from what the Nazis did? Yes. That's evidenced by the fact that they are now persecuting Christians.
Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them.

This is your quote. Your meaning is clear. All of your proclamations of liar liar pants of fire, and screaming libel at me is here for all to see. ahahahahahha I see you. God sees you.

Now you scramble to give your words a meaning you never intended. But. Lucky for you, I am here to remind you. Over, and over again. And, I will. you poor, poor thing. ahahahahahahhahha

I am amused.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:56 AM

28,141 posts, read 30,085,935 times
No need to get worked up. We can talk about God without getting upset with each other, can't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Where do you think he is, huh ?
I believe He is actually in Heaven.

Quote:
You do believe in God don't you ?
Absolutely.

Quote:
I believe He is everywhere, how about you ?
But you just barely got through saying He's in Heaven. That's what confused me. "He is everywhere," is more what I would have expected from a trinitarian. God is either "everywhere" or else He's "in Heaven." Why would the Bible frequently (especially in the New Testament) speak of His as being "in Heaven" if that's not where He actually was? Or maybe He is "in Heaven" but His power and influence are "everywhere."

Quote:
You have a problem with the Trinity, huh ?
I have a problem with how God is described in the 4th and 5th century creeds and in the later confessions, etc. I don't believe they are in line with what the Bible says about God.

Quote:
Don't you say your prayers at night ?
Yes, I never miss a night.

Quote:
Our Father who art in Heaven
Yes, not "Our Father who art everywhere." Just to be clear, I definitely do believe His power, vision, knowledge and influence extends throughout the universe. My question was why you said He was "in Heaven" when you don't seem to think those words really mean what they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality