Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:00 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
He must be exhausted.
I was going to let someone else make that association ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
C'mon true believers I really would like to see you do something for all the amputee warriors.

Do it for them.
Having known several....none have asked for prayers to be miraculously healed. They are usually about getting on with their lives. Go to college.... Get a good job.... Teach their kids to ride a bike..... Learn how to sit-ski. Tell really bad jokes about being an amputee...

Then there's Uncle Peg Leg, my son's Godfather. HIS jokes are atrocious. Sorry. No prayer circles. Though Peg Leg does sit in my living room drinking beer and playing poker and the table is round....does that count?

p.s. I take it your user name is because you like to snipe at people on the internet. Few military snipers advertise their occupation or make taunts about amputees since they know damn well what happens when someone loses a part of their anatomy.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-14-2015 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Having known several....none have asked for prayers to be miraculously healed. They are usually about getting on with their lives. Go to college.... Get a good job.... Teach their kids to ride a bike..... Learn how to sit-ski. Tell really bad jokes about being an amputee...

Then there's Uncle Peg Leg, my son's Godfather. HIS jokes are atrocious. Sorry. No prayer circles. Though Peg Leg does sit in my living room drinking beer and playing poker and the table is round....does that count?
Hahaha.. I had a Great Uncle Peg Leg. He took all the kids around on Halloween wearing a fake parrot on his shoulder. Arrrgh.. I miss him. Thanks for letting me remember.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 PM

779 posts, read 484,151 times
Oh go ahead joke. All we need is three true believers, and they, with the help of the almighty could get something done.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Hahaha.. I had a Great Uncle Peg Leg. He took all the kids around on Halloween wearing a fake parrot on his shoulder. Arrrgh.. I miss him. Thanks for letting me remember.
Yeah....I think that's a thing with Uncle Peg Legs. They own Halloween.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Yeah....I think that's a thing with Uncle Peg Legs. They own Halloween.
My mother did not believe in trick or treat. She called it junior extortion. But, her mother, was a seamstress, and made magnificent costumes, now in museums. Nana was having none if it.

My father's Uncle Peg Leg, pledged to my mother there would be no begging for candy. No Tom Foolery, and ceremoniously, he held up his hand to pledge.

We were only allowed to visit our relatives. They all lived in the neighborhood. I imagine it must have been a sight for us little kids to be following this man in a pirate costume walking down the block.

My mother was never fooled She always thought it added to the intrigue.

This was the same Uncle, when his brother died, rolled his coffin into the bar next door for a proper send off.

You have allowed me to have a rush of memories. Thank you.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:18 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Firstly, for someone to return, they would have to have existed. Secondly, no one, no one even the alleged jesus came back from the dead.

The afterlife is essentially a scam of cosmic real estate and works tremendously well, there are no complaints from customers but ALL of them are/become dirt men or ash men.

A wooden closet doth no maketh a cosmic mansion.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If all one has to do is be good in mind and heart to be saved, why then did Christ have to come to die for our sins?

Jesus died for the sins of his father.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:40 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
That's what you keep claiming. Meanwhile, as you've admitted, there are people sitting and listening to your sermons who don't believe what you teach. That means they think you are wrong.

Have you ever considered that you may be preaching to people who are ardently praying God will send them a pastor who teaches something other than religion according to Vizio?

Dew, in all fairness to Vizio, people do not sit in the pews long if they don't believe in a pastor's ministering, they are going somewhere else quickly, exit stage left.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Jesus died for the sins of his father.
Who amassed more sins on his playing card than all the humans who ever lived, or will live, combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality