Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 06:06 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
All three.
Since KKK membership isn't a protected class, the bakers are free to do whatever they want in that situation.

Quote:
If we are supposed to just assume "the law" is automatically right, by default, no questions asked, and go from there, than again I ask, what exactly is the point of this thread?
Feel free to explain how civil rights laws are a bad thing.

Quote:
They refused service after they identified that the cake is meant for a gay wedding.
Which was coincidentally the same time the baker learned the customer was gay. Funny how that works - the only people who are going to be refused service because they're having a gay wedding is gay people. Pretending there was some reason other than the orientation of the customer at the heart of the discrimination is pretty nonsensical.

Quote:
As far as that goes, I have no problem with a private business that wants to discriminate against anyone for any reason. If that's their business model that they think will be the most profitable than have at it. We'll see how far they make it.
We tried that before. It didn't work. What is it when you keep trying the same thing and think it'll give different results?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then they should refuse the tax breaks and rebates...
And use of police, fire fighters, the court systems, credit and banking, government currency, the road systems, sewer and water, and so on.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:16 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Those meds aren't free to produce. The research to develop those meds isn't free.

Did you read what was posted?
These are existing low cost drugs that the companies purchasing them did not produce.

"Want to know how the "free" system is working now? Pharmaceutical giants are buying up smaller companies making generic drugs of the big companies so they can bring the prices on generics back to the same as their brand names. Some people are getting a renewed generic drug that has gone up in price by 400%. Yeah, that's a free market system."

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-14-2015 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 07-14-2015, 06:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Given the results of a recent government study (your tax dollars at work) revealing that 75% of lesbians are overweight, maybe they ought to forget the dang cake, anyway.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Given the results of a recent government study (your tax dollars at work) revealing that 75% of lesbians are overweight, maybe they ought to forget the dang cake, anyway.

Maybe you should have checked into that before posting .
Just a for instance...

Q. How many straight women were in the sample size?
A. 5,460
Q. How many lesbians were in this sample size?
A. 87

The Problem With the '75 Percent of Lesbians Are Fat' Statistic*|*Jodi Savitz

Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

Then HAVE that debate by all means. The problem is you have not been doing so. You have been selling this narrative that the law is persecuting Christians. You have been moaning when the law is applied to Christians. You have been declaring you think the Religious should be given special privileges to ignore this law. And much much more.
Maybe you don't understand what a debate is. There are two opposing sides. I've given my position. Maybe you need to learn to respect a difference of opinion. Characterizing my opinion as "moaning", "bleating" or "whining" is, guess what, insulting and disrespectful!

Quote:

Actual debates about the quality, implementation and morality of the law itself however... you have offered little to none. And as I have pointed out on numerous occasions.... you might find I agree with a VAST quantity of your issues with the law itself.
I have debated extensively why I feel the law is immoral.

Quote:

It is funny how you only reply to the posts where people give you these "barbs" and call you names or insult you. And you moan and moan about how they should explain how and where you are wrong.
I have a low tolerance for rude people. It's a character flaw.

Quote:

So really you are doing nothing more than stacking the deck here. You ignore the posts that do not fit this persecution narrative of people insulting you, and you reply disproportionately to the ones that do fit it. And as I keep pointing out, this transparent tactic is not being bought into by anyone else but you yourself. The narrative you are trying, simply is not convincing anyone.
False. I simply don't have the time or energy to take on everyone at once. So I practice LIFO. I've gone toe to toe with posters like Shinra who are not directly insulting unlike you.

Quote:

No it is like the rookie going around crying and moaning at the people who tell him he can not fish.... and running away ignoring the kind and patient pros who actually offer to show him. THAT is what you are doing. Daily. And willfully. Entirely premeditated to feed a narrative you sell.
Nothing kind and patient about your posts.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Jeff,

Taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin. And yet it's completely legal. Why not start a campaign to jail people who say "godammit" in public?

Last edited by Freak80; 07-14-2015 at 07:54 AM..

Old 07-14-2015, 07:50 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Maybe you don't understand what a debate is. There are two opposing sides. I've given my position. Maybe you need to learn to respect a difference of opinion. Characterizing my opinion as "moaning", "bleating" or "whining" is, guess what, insulting and disrespectful!

I have debated extensively why I feel the law is immoral.

I have a low tolerance for rude people. It's a character flaw.

False. I simply don't have the time or energy to take on everyone at once. So I practice LIFO. I've gone toe to toe with posters like Shinra who are not directly insulting unlike you.

Nothing kind and patient about your posts.

Actually in reality Jeff you do not debate any posts that shows evidence that goes against your claims you totally ignore and do concentrate on complaining about those posts which you deem rude. You make claims and when challenged on them complain about there being an attack on Christians instead of that these claims are showing you either another opinion or off times that you are factually incorrect. You made a claim that everyone ignored the threats to the baker but when the treats against the women was brought up there was a huge outrage. This I have shown by going through the posts to be a misconception on your part, there was not only not a huge outrage it was not even mentioned unless a poster was addressing your repeating the threats to the baker. You had continued to insult those who support the one side as supporting the behavour of those doing the threats as examples of what our side is like and constantly ignoring the fact that there were threats against the women. It is hard to take as a debate when you ignore information and contiuining argue as if that information was not made available to you. Debates is not just putting your points forward and attacking others but also addressing the counter points to your argument. True we all are quilty of that as well but some more than others (and I do not mean just you).

You are not immune to being rude either Jeff and I am not only referring to your insulting me and then apologizing by putting the blame on others insulting you. You have been rude and insulting to others as well as fly off with some ridiculous examples that do your arguement no good.

There are times that you have expressed your opinions well too. But you do take any critisism of your arguements as attacks on Christianity as opposed to attacks on a poor arguement.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:23 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Jeff,

Taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin. And yet it's completely legal. Why not start a campaign to jail people who say "godammit" in public?
If the people saying it are gay...... he'll be all over it.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:38 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Jeff,

It is not my desire to legislate sin. People should be free to live whatever lifestyle they want. I don't even support jailing homosexuals. As I said before, my protests begins when homosexuals start interfering with religious freedoms as in the case here. As it stands, no one has given me a solid reason why the bakers should be forced to violate their religious beliefs. No one has given me a solid reason why it is good to force Christian organizations on college campuses into accept gay leaders and members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality