Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 08:42 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It is not my desire to legislate sin. People should be free to live whatever lifestyle they want. I don't even support jailing homosexuals. As I said before, my protests begins when homosexuals start interfering with religious freedoms as in the case here. As it stands, no one has given me a solid reason why the bakers should be forced to violate their religious beliefs. No one has given me a solid reason why it is good to force Christian organizations on college campuses into accept gay leaders and members.
Substitute 'black' for 'homosexual' or 'gay', and tell us the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 08:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Question for you jeff.
Do all Christians have the same opinion on this issue as you do?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
It is not my desire to legislate sin. People should be free to live whatever lifestyle they want. I don't even support jailing homosexuals. As I said before, my protests begins when homosexuals start interfering with religious freedoms as in the case here. As it stands, no one has given me a solid reason why the bakers should be forced to violate their religious beliefs. No one has given me a solid reason why it is good to force Christian organizations on college campuses into accept gay leaders and members.
The right to your delusional beliefs ends as soon as it affects someone else. If someone believes that they must sacrifice their next door neighbor to appease the wrath of their God, too bad. It's illegal.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:01 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Question for you jeff.
Do all Christians have the same opinion on this issue as you do?
No, but I am far from being a lone wolf in my beliefs.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Substitute 'black' for 'homosexual' or 'gay', and tell us the difference?
I already did. No universal moral argument exists to support racism. You can't say the same about homosexual.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:13 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
I already did. No universal moral argument exists to support racism. You can't say the same about homosexual.
I contend that no universal moral argument exists to support discrimination either.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Why?

Both are born the way they are. Why is discrimination OK for sexual orientation but not race?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Well, yes we can. Your religious bigoted ancestors morally argued--from the Bible--that slavery was not only legal, but that God demanded they be enslaved. I've quoted at least two American "theologians" of the day who said so. One wrote a letter promising doom for the nation if slavery were abolished. I suppose he was prophetic because he wrote that several years before the War Between the States.

What happened was morality changed. There were some people opposed to slavery and others supporting it. Both sides claimed God was on their side. Both sides quoted from the Bible. Any of this sound familiar?

Those without the ability to see and interpret the past are doomed to repeat it. And that repetition started with the modern anti-gay movement that began under Jerry Falwell, because it never was any public opposition with RELIGIOUS overtones to it. You, personally, are an example of what happens when the church strays from its true message. Evangelicals were nothing like what you display--never--until after Jerry and friends. The result has been an ugliness that went through evangelical churches like a cancer. All due to a false prophet.

Morally, your views are as bankrupt as those of slavery. People will look back on this part of history and say, "Wow, did they actually believe that BS?"

Old 07-14-2015, 09:27 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Why?

Both are born the way they are. Why is discrimination OK for sexual orientation but not race?
You REALLY need to stop making the fallacy of "begging the question". It is not fact that homosexuals are "born that way". There is no proof of it. It's not proven.

Having said that, you may cite anecdotal evidence to suggest it is. I will respond that there are a LOT of compulsions that people are said to have been born with. Should we ignore the ramifications of many of those bad things?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Why?

If you are going with the born argument then why is it ok to treat pedophiles with hate and usually desire to see them executed? They are simply born with a different kind of orientation. They are punished even if it is found that they only had thoughts about their desires. No action required. Look what happened to the Subway guy. He is ruined because of his one thought.

See how your false world creates a double standard. In my world, sin is sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality