Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 12:58 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The OT condemns the usage of statues, icons( little metal cross) graven images--a hand carved Jesus on a cross above the pulpit--many bow to it--it is a graven image--Jesus is sitting on his throne in heaven, he isn't in any image.
The NT teaches---Do NOT call any man-Father( in a spiritual teachers sense)--Pope is called--holy Father---God is the holy Father not the Pope. The Pope is a sinner. Priests are called Father as well.

Those 2 things make that religion Far removed from God and his son---Not to mention the spiritual teachers and Pope allowed the young catholic men to kill other catholic young men who stood on the allied side for a mass murderer named-HITLER.

All who know Jesus, know for sure--these things are in opposition to Gods will.
You're correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 02:55 AM

3,803 posts, read 3,000,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The OT condemns the usage of statues, icons( little metal cross) graven images--a hand carved Jesus on a cross above the pulpit--many bow to it--it is a graven image--Jesus is sitting on his throne in heaven, he isn't in any image.
The NT teaches---Do NOT call any man-Father( in a spiritual teachers sense)--Pope is called--holy Father---God is the holy Father not the Pope. The Pope is a sinner. Priests are called Father as well.

Those 2 things make that religion Far removed from God and his son---Not to mention the spiritual teachers and Pope allowed the young catholic men to kill other catholic young men who stood on the allied side for a mass murderer named-HITLER.

All who know Jesus, know for sure--these things are in opposition to Gods will.
Not sure whether you are talking of your pacifist stance as a JW, ie against all wars and military service, or suggesting the Catholic Church had something to do with the war itself.
It is no secret Hitler was a Catholic, but nobody supports his behavior and what he did, or that the RCC were complicit in his crimes.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:49 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Not sure whether you are talking of your pacifist stance as a JW, ie against all wars and military service, or suggesting the Catholic Church had something to do with the war itself.
It is no secret Hitler was a Catholic, but nobody supports his behavior and what he did, or that the RCC were complicit in his crimes.
In 1933, Eugenio Pacelli, the future Pope Pius XII, made a deal with Hitler in which Catholic freedoms would be preserved under the Third Reich. Part of the deal was the dissolution of the Catholic Party and Catholic trade unions. Shortly after, Hitler began to target Catholics, though not on the level he did Jews, and by 1937 Rome realized what a mistake had been made.

Pius XI wrote an encyclical denouncing harassment of the Church and condemning Nazi racism that was smuggled into Germany to be read from all Catholic pulpits on Palm Sunday 1937.

In 1938, Hitler went to visit Mussolini in Italy. The Pope left town, churches were not decorated for his visit, and the Vatican museums were closed as a sign of protest.

For people to declare that the RCC supported Hitler and what he did shows a lack of knowledge.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Seriously. I used to sit in a location at work not far from the desk of a Methodist minister's son. He liked to talk about Christianity. He seemed to hold it in a different light and make an off-handed comment about Catholics not being Christian.

I kept it to myself but thought it was so stupid that I couldn't get mad.

To me, any religion whose scriptural works are ONLY and BOTH the Old Testament and the New Testament, with the emphasis that your faith is put in practice largely through the New Testament, is a Christian religion. Period.

I'm not a religious expert, but I don't know what to make of religions that profess to be Christian but have OTHER books. I just don't know.

So, are Catholics Christians in your mind?
People ask me that question all the time (about me)..

I always ask them what does a "christian"look like?

Old 07-08-2017, 11:45 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In 1933, Eugenio Pacelli, the future Pope Pius XII, made a deal with Hitler in which Catholic freedoms would be preserved under the Third Reich. Part of the deal was the dissolution of the Catholic Party and Catholic trade unions. Shortly after, Hitler began to target Catholics, though not on the level he did Jews, and by 1937 Rome realized what a mistake had been made.

Pius XI wrote an encyclical denouncing harassment of the Church and condemning Nazi racism that was smuggled into Germany to be read from all Catholic pulpits on Palm Sunday 1937.

In 1938, Hitler went to visit Mussolini in Italy. The Pope left town, churches were not decorated for his visit, and the Vatican museums were closed as a sign of protest.

For people to declare that the RCC supported Hitler and what he did shows a lack of knowledge.

Really? Ever check out the information on how many Nazis criminals they helped smuggle into Argentina after the war? The RCC was, and always has been, for itself and the continuation of itself, first and foremost, and if a little "hiccup" like WW2 happens, they certainly didn't want to be counted among those destined for the gas chambers, like the Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, infirm, handicapped, and whoever just "looked wrong" on that day. I doubt the Pope left town in protest, he likely feared being added to the list on one of Hitler's whims. Peace

Old 07-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Really? Ever check out the information on how many Nazis criminals they helped smuggle into Argentina after the war? The RCC was, and always has been, for itself and the continuation of itself, first and foremost, and if a little "hiccup" like WW2 happens, they certainly didn't want to be counted among those destined for the gas chambers, like the Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, infirm, handicapped, and whoever just "looked wrong" on that day. I doubt the Pope left town in protest, he likely feared being added to the list on one of Hitler's whims. Peace
Take it up with Diarmaid Macculloch. I'll take his word as an objective and renowned church historian over that of a prejudiced Internet warrior who seeks only to divide and be generally disagreeable, insipid Peaces at the end of every post notwithstanding.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:

".., made a deal with HITLER in which CATHOLIC FREEDOMS WOULD BE PRESERVED UNDER THE THIRD REICH",..

I bet the Jewish People were happy about that.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
".., made a deal with HITLER in which CATHOLIC FREEDOMS WOULD BE PRESERVED UNDER THE THIRD REICH",..

I bet the Jewish People were happy about that.

I doubt that in 1933 the Jews in Germany took notice or cared about what the Catholic Church was doing. They were looking to get the hell out of Dodge. Many did. Not enough.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Take it up with Diarmaid Macculloch. I'll take his word as an objective and renowned church historian over that of a prejudiced Internet warrior who seeks only to divide and be generally disagreeable, insipid Peaces at the end of every post notwithstanding.
Lol Macculloch is GAY. Doesn't the Word of God speak against this as a sin?
Of course it does.

Then why on earth would you listen to someone who doesn't listen to the Bible?

Lol

Old 07-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I doubt that in 1933 the Jews in Germany took notice or cared about what the Catholic Church was doing. They were looking to get the hell out of Dodge. Many did. Not enough.
"Hell" came to "Dodge"- It's not like someone sent out a flyer promoting they're coming deaths. And your right they didn't care about your church- cause your church did NOTHING to stop the deaths.

Not a Dam thing!

It's insulting to even listen to you justify their actions over they're DEATHS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality