Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times

Advertisements

BTW, the word Catholic or Universal was used because it was the only recognized Christian Church in Europe for centuries therefore it was the Universal Church. That was the case until 1054 when the Eastern Orthodox Church split and formed it's own Catholic Church separate from the Roman Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox Church is also called the Orthodox Catholic Church.
Any Protestant Christian churches were still centuries away from being formed.

Last edited by marino760; 06-19-2017 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we are them. all of them. we are the bible, capable of such compassion amidst the horror and we can be daughters that rape their fathers. yeah, we are one.

Well this is so unfortunate, had we been in the same house, I would have looked at you in love and said,'' Ssshhhh,'' I would have turned Ray on and extended my hand.

Such a miracle takes place with a good song like this, just lay your head on my shoulder and let's dance and pretend you love me one more time, for the good times.

Just close your eyes and pretend we are at the bowlin alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBGWMP-SIA

Did Dad and them tell you what a good dancer I am?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Ye gods! The religious like some REEEEEAAAAALLY crap songs!!! Hannibal...you're going to stampede those elephant playing crap like that!

Old 06-20-2017, 06:54 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
I thought the Catholic vs. Protestant culture war ended with the repeal of prohibition.
There is no longer the mass armies of draftees trained just enough to follow their leader into battle. Now you have small teams of special forces who have counter arguments in a quick cut and paste format ready to fire.

My experience is different from the OP "Catholics are not Christian" bias. It comes from a place where Catholics out number non-Catholic Christians 9 to 1. So it is the Catholics who use the "Catholic versus Christian" terminology, since "Christian" is easier to say than "non-Catholic Christian". Especially in their case where about half of the non-Catholics are officially considered a cult, requiring a baptism upon joining the Catholic Church. Compared to most Protestants as in the older Catholic versus Protestant, with a side nod to the Orthodox, break down of the Christian world would not require a baptism upon joining the Catholic Church.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:59 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well this is so unfortunate, had we been in the same house, I would have looked at you in love and said,'' Ssshhhh,'' I would have turned Ray on and extended my hand.

Such a miracle takes place with a good song like this, just lay your head on my shoulder and let's dance and pretend you love me one more time, for the good times.

Just close your eyes and pretend we are at the bowlin alley.

[yMP-SIA[/youtube]
[Uww.youtcom/watch?v=lxBGWMP-SIA[/url]

Did Dad and them tell you what a good dancer I am?
If you were a sibling, you would say that very carefully. If you were my dad, you would not be playing that song.

my dad understood his job. He understood that an important part of his job was to help me be the best me possible.

my pop told me, you know, at times when he was frustrated with me being a kid, "don't worry about god, worry about me.". in other words:

His claim, then my claim: "you are accountable for your actions."

good stuff right there.
WWII paratrooper style.
totally independant of belief or political affiliation.
that makes it more valid than blaming (good or bad) others or a god.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:33 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
There are 1.2 BILLION Catholics in the world and Catholicism is the largest Christian denomination in the United States but a few people on the far right with a chip on their shoulder still think they know better than anyone else what a Catholic person thinks, and prays to. Interesting...

Only 1.2 billion that cannot understand simple bible milk--It clearly teaches---Call no man-FATHER( in a spiritual sense this is talking about)it means do not call a spiritual teacher--Father. Catholicism has only had 1750 years to read that simple milk---God is the holy Father--The pope is a sinner--not the Holy Father.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Only 1.2 billion that cannot understand simple bible milk--It clearly teaches---Call no man-FATHER( in a spiritual sense this is talking about)it means do not call a spiritual teacher--Father. Catholicism has only had 1750 years to read that simple milk---God is the holy Father--The pope is a sinner--not the Holy Father.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're awfully smiley.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:21 PM

103 posts, read 205,349 times
if one genuinely believes Jesus Christ is their savior, they are Christian. Christianity has nothing to do with book knowledge, going to church, helping little old ladies across the street, etc.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're awfully smiley.
I got tired of crying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality