Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 09:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
What God does to be just has nothing to do with the morals he gave us to follow . He is a God and a judge .
And you ignored the basic message of that post--that God DID change, when you said He did not. I don't think you were being a hypocrite. You are simply biblically illiterate.

And that response is why you don't practice justice. That response is why you see judgment as the main purpose of God, and refuse to hear the words of Jesus quoting God as saying, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice."

The irony is that Jesus, in what he taught throughout his ministry is a consistent message of universal compassion actively expressed — which provided the means for character reformation and growth that actually can transform the sinner and allow him to overcome sin. By developing feelings of universal compassion and then expressing them in action, or if one does not feel such feelings, do the actions anyway until they become natural to you and you do feel the compassion, character is truly transformed. Those who are hardened become softened and gentle. Character is transformed. Sin is expunged.

But by relying solely on blood sacrifice, you manage to avoid actually DOING anything that Christ taught. Having faith, and faith alone is easy. The Pharisees liked to practice that also--and it was a surefire way to practice using the Bible to put people down while failing to lift a finger to lift people up. Josh Duggar is very much like you--he mistakenly believed from those who pass judgment on others that he would therefore avoid judgment himself.

He's finding out it doesn't work that way now.

CLICK!! You've just been turned off and tuned out.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-22-2015 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 10:30 PM

468 posts, read 266,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And you ignored the basic message of that post--that God DID change, when you said He did not. I don't think you were being a hypocrite. You are simply biblically illiterate.

And that response is why you don't practice justice. That response is why you see judgment as the main purpose of God, and refuse to hear the words of Jesus quoting God as saying, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice."

The irony is that Jesus, in what he taught throughout his ministry is a consistent message of universal compassion actively expressed — which provided the means for character reformation and growth that actually can transform the sinner and allow him to overcome sin. By developing feelings of universal compassion and then expressing them in action, or if one does not feel such feelings, do the actions anyway until they become natural to you and you do feel the compassion, character is truly transformed. Those who are hardened become softened and gentle. Character is transformed. Sin is expunged.

But by relying solely on blood sacrifice, you manage to avoid actually DOING anything that Christ taught. Having faith, and faith alone is easy. The Pharisees liked to practice that also--and it was a surefire way to practice using the Bible to put people down while failing to lift a finger to lift people up. Josh Duggar is very much like you--he mistakenly believed from those who pass judgment on others that he would therefore avoid judgment himself.

He's finding out it doesn't work that way now.

CLICK!! You've just been turned off and tuned out.
His moral code that he gave us to follow will never change .
He however will changing from a God with his arms open to a God that will damn you because of what you choose.

And you in your quest to watter down his comands and your quest to make everything work out for yourself are stating that God is a liar .

Without good there is no such thing as evil , without evil there is no such thing as good. That is why there has to be both and that is why we have to choose
And the line between them does not drift back and forth.

God gave you the gift of choice with a free will .
You can choose anything you want but he will not allow you to change the outcome of each choice. This is the law.
Like stepping off a building is your choice but the impact is a law that you or God will never change.

Last edited by clickstack; 08-22-2015 at 11:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then I'm sure you can explain the definition of the word Ἀγαπήσεις which is from the original Greek.

Just a hint, it is the exact same word that was used when Jesus said to love god.
There are 4 different translations to love in Greek ,
Romantic love , parental love , brotherly love or friendship , And God's love or a love for him .

Think about this . A man and his wife is the only way you can take these four words in Greek and merge them into one perfect relationship.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:27 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,854 times
Quote:
Romantic love , parental love , brotherly love or friendship , And God's love or a love for him .

Think about this . A man and his wife is the only way you can take these four words in Greek and merge them into one perfect relationship.
You're about the equivalent of Josh Duggar, lecturing everyone on this thread about morality and your religion, when you admitted that you are also a lying cheater who deceived your own wife. You might want to turn inward on this one and stop throwing stones from that glass house...

Old 08-22-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
You're about the equivalent of Josh Duggar, lecturing everyone on this thread about morality and your religion, when you admitted that you are also a lying cheater who deceived your own wife. You might want to turn inward on this one and stop throwing stones from that glass house...
Yes that is what I was .
So where did you learn what you know?
Experience or read it in a book?

Old 08-22-2015, 11:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
'Tis OK, here's a line he has to use

https://youtu.be/Q1OXAi7rNMg

Old 08-23-2015, 12:20 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
His moral code that he gave us to follow will never change .
He however will changing from a God with his arms open to a God that will damn you because of what you choose.

And you in your quest to watter down his comands and your quest to make everything work out for yourself are stating that God is a liar .

Without good there is no such thing as evil , without evil there is no such thing as good. That is why there has to be both and that is why we have to choose
And the line between them does not drift back and forth.

God gave you the gift of choice with a free will .
You can choose anything you want but he will not allow you to change the outcome of each choice. This is the law.
Like stepping off a building is your choice but the impact is a law that you or God will never change.
The only people Jesus ever denounced vehemently--were religious people. They were the bible believers of His day who enjoyed pointing fingers at others.

You might want to explain to all of us, complete with bible quotes and philosophical debate links, how good is not possible without evil? Are you speaking of the dichotomy within yourself?

I am no longer subject to the LAW because I found freedom in Christ. His "rules" are quite simple.
Love God with all your heart and mind and strength.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Who is my neighbor you might ask. He is that homosexual you look down upon and pass by. He is that person absent from church on Sunday morning, gone fishing instead. He is the one who shakes his head sadly at those of us talking about what to him is an imaginary Big Person in the sky. He is the one who takes the time to point out to you that the only real meaningful finger pointing is done introspectively.

Don't believe me--read your bible for a change. In Jesus' day, that guy was someone the "good" bible believing Jews called a "Samaritan." The same person you despise, is the very one who may be coming along to pull your sorry butt out of a ditch.

You believe the bible so you can shake it at others, when the whole purpose of its writing was for you to look in a mirror.

I see everyone as better than myself---even you--so count yourself better than at least one person. And because of that, you shouldn't need to be so afraid of who you are. The good news is for you, too.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The only people Jesus ever denounced vehemently--were religious people. They were the bible believers of His day who enjoyed pointing fingers at others.

You might want to explain to all of us, complete with bible quotes and philosophical debate links, how good is not possible without evil? Are you speaking of the dichotomy within yourself?

I am no longer subject to the LAW because I found freedom in Christ. His "rules" are quite simple.
Love God with all your heart and mind and strength.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Who is my neighbor you might ask. He is that homosexual you look down upon and pass by. He is that person absent from church on Sunday morning, gone fishing instead. He is the one who shakes his head sadly at those of us talking about what to him is an imaginary Big Person in the sky. He is the one who takes the time to point out to you that the only real meaningful finger pointing is done introspectively.

Don't believe me--read your bible for a change. In Jesus' day, that guy was someone the "good" bible believing Jews called a "Samaritan." The same person you despise, is the very one who may be coming along to pull your sorry butt out of a ditch.

You believe the bible so you can shake it at others, when the whole purpose of its writing was for you to look in a mirror.

I see everyone as better than myself---even you--so count yourself better than at least one person. And because of that, you shouldn't need to be so afraid of who you are. The good news is for you, too.
You are willfully ignorent and choose to ignore 1/2 of the bible pulling 1 or two convenient verses out of chapters here and there and writing your own religion and code..
Your twisted view of Christ freedom has a person that discourages sin appearing as a devil and a lover of Sexuall immorality an angel .

That's a good one , Your Sexuall freedom in christ,.

And your statement of who christ denounced is false ,
The people who he denounced where people who did not allow there heart to be change , there will and desires .
This is most common in religious people true .
People that hide behind some ritual or confession yet inside they are full of dead men's bones. Thinking what they confess , believe or do will save them .

But the reality is this , the only thing that will save you is first his blood giving you the right in the first place .
And then allow it thru a daily relationship with hI'm to renew you from the inside out . Changing your old nature and becoming new.
And yes going all the way of not even eating with some people .

Last edited by clickstack; 08-23-2015 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:

And which translation is the Greek word that I posted?

And how is it that only a man and wife can blend all 4?

Two men or women can have romantic, parental, brotherly, and gods love.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And which translation is the Greek word that I posted?

And how is it that only a man and wife can blend all 4?

Two men or women can have romantic, parental, brotherly, and gods love.
Hard to love God and disregard what he said in the same sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality