Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:12 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times

Advertisements

This story echoes 100% of what I've been saying. The whole issue with gay rights wouldn't stop with legalizing SSM because the real agenda is to force Christians into submission. Here is another case of a man losing his job simply because he dared to share his faith in the workplace. Since his faith made a gay coworker uncomfortable, well of course he must go bye bye. Nevermind that this guy worked there for 13 years and DID his job:

Quote:

It was not long after this that Routson was called into his manager's office and told that he was making an employee uncomfortable and would need to go home. He was told to report the following morning at the usual time, but then was called early the next morning to come in several hours later. Upon his arrival, he was terminated, asked to take his belongings and leave immediately. Routson is seeking legal counsel.

This is the type of intolerance that I keep seeing more and more against Christians. Why couldn't the boss have a open discussion between the employees and work out an arrangement that makes everyone comfortable? Nope, they wanted him gone immediately. If this is the new America then a Christian needs to be extremely careful with socializing in the workplace!

Quote:

I'll tell you again what I've been saying all along here: The gay marriage/gay rights thing has never been about gay marriage or gay rights. It's about finding a clever way to effectively criminalize Christianity. You can't pass that straight-out bans the exercise of religion, but what the secular left has decided it can do is to redefine "discrimination" so that anyone who talks about their faith to others is essentially guilty of it. Now all you have to do is make someone "uncomfortable" and you lose your job.
The author nailed it. The broad use of "discrimination" will be used to basically hogtie Christians in public or be punished. Don't like a coworker who doesn't support homosexuality? Just claim they are making you "uncomfortable" and watch them get kicked out the door!

Culture: Ohio factory worker fired for recommending Christian movie to lesbian co-worker | Best of Cain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:15 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Shout bigotry in the workplace and they fire you. What's wrong with that?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 AM

689 posts, read 495,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Nothing!

Old 09-18-2015, 10:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
The guy was being a pest, inflicting his dogma on his co-workers and annoying them via social media.

So he got fired.

Good.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Should that also apply to anti-Christian bigots?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This story echoes 100% of what I've been saying. The whole issue with gay rights wouldn't stop with legalizing SSM because the real agenda is to force Christians into submission. Here is another case of a man losing his job simply because he dared to share his faith in the workplace. Since his faith made a gay coworker uncomfortable, well of course he must go bye bye. Nevermind that this guy worked there for 13 years and DID his job:

This is the type of intolerance that I keep seeing more and more against Christians. Why couldn't the boss have a open discussion between the employees and work out an arrangement that makes everyone comfortable? Nope, they wanted him gone immediately. If this is the new America then a Christian needs to be extremely careful with socializing in the workplace!

The author nailed it. The broad use of "discrimination" will be used to basically hogtie Christians in public or be punished. Don't like a coworker who doesn't support homosexuality? Just claim they are making you "uncomfortable" and watch them get kicked out the door!

Culture: Ohio factory worker fired for recommending Christian movie to lesbian co-worker | Best of Cain
Maybe it is my computer, but the link doesn't work. So, I took to the internet to find a reputable source. I didn't. Instead, I found only Christian blogs/sites. So excuse me if I don't buy a word of it. From what I could find, Ray Comfort CLAIMS that a guy told him all of this. From what I have seen, there is no proof anyone told him that. There are also no news stories with the guys name in it.

Try fact checking your stuff first Jeffy. Find me a REAL article, an interview with Chris Routson, or some other proof. Otherwise, it looks like this is typical "woe is me" Christian "persecution".

Correction: Producers of the movie CLAIM he contacted them.

Last edited by southernbored; 09-18-2015 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The key phrase here is "in public"; the employee has every right to practice his faith. I've worked in a shop where Muslims asked for a place to pray during their lunch break -- and got it -- so long as the organized activity was on their own time.

Intimidation -- the promise of paradise if one submits to someone else's dogma -- and eternal torment if not, is central to much of Christianity, and the more Fundamentalistic the sect, the greater the pressure to conform. It also tends to attract those who love to overrule any dissent, particularly when their own sense of the pragmatic is limited and a quote from Scripture can be used to dispose of any facts that get in the way.

In short, it offers a patina of nobility to the village's not-too-deep-thinking loudmouth; it's OK to bully, so long as you bully for God and Jesus -- in the tradition of Saint Paul, Calvin, Jerry Falwell, and the local Reverend Billy-Bob.

The employee had as much right as anyone else to introduce himself, and if the mention of his beliefs and values was short and simple, it could have been overlooked. The trouble began when he persisted in an arena where the offended party had clearly drawn a line in the sand, and the "poster boy" persisted in crossing it.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-18-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 10:24 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Should that also apply to anti-Christian bigots?
If the Anti-Christian bigot is spreading it around the workplace? Yes, it should. Not hard to understand.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:25 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Maybe it is my computer, but the link doesn't work. So, I took to the internet to find a reputable source. I didn't. Instead, I found only Christian blogs/sites. So excuse me if I don't buy a word of it. From what I could find, Ray Comfort CLAIMS that a guy told him all of this. From what I have seen, there is no proof anyone told him that. There are also no news stories with the guys name in it.

Try fact checking your stuff first Jeffy. Find me a REAL article, an interview with Chris Routson, or some other proof. Otherwise, it looks like this is typical "woe is me" Christian "persecution".

Correction: Producers of the movie CLAIM he contacted them.
How about an anti-Christian website that reported on it?

Christian Factory Worker Fired After Pushing Anti-Gay Movie on Colleagues

Old 09-18-2015, 10:28 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
In other words, Christians no longer have freedom of religion to oppose homosexuality anymore, correct? He didn't shout bigotry. He recommended a movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality